2016 college football postseason: Lower Divisions

4_tattoos

Guess if losing in Salem is a down year by Mount's standards, not making it there would be equivalent to...well, a Michigan coach committing the crime of not being Jim Harbaugh :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The DII national championship is. Sing played in the snow in KC, Kansas. On one hand it should probably be played further south.  On the other hand, it's awesome.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

28 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

The DII national championship is. Sing played in the snow in KC, Kansas. On one hand it should probably be played further south.  On the other hand, it's awesome.

It wouldn't matter much as the winter weather advisory is in effect nationwide.

The other two bid cities for this cycle, Florence, AL and Bentonville, AK are just as miserable in terms of cold, and both have storms now.

Northwest Missouri State wins the Division 2 championship in a snow storm. Congrats Bearcats! :trophy:

Perhaps the Orlando or Houston MLS clubs will bid on the D2 title game one day. Many people seem to prefer the national championships be played in bigger cities. Kansas City may have worse weather than Florence AL, but KC has far more going on than the latter. Orlando and Houston would offer practically all the same things KC can offer plus better weather. Whether or not either of those cities care to bid for the D2 championship remains to be see.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Bids for 2018 and onward were due in August*. KC rebid.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/article96008207.html

There are only two Florida D2 schools. Look at a basic map of D2.

1280px-NCAA_D2_FB_Map_zpsc43srtxv.png

Now locate both Orlando and Houston. Bottom line is the D2 championship game doesn't really draw well unless a team playing is within driving distance. Orlando and Houston are NOT within driving distance.

Houston held the men's college cup this year and Orlando will get the women's cup in 2017.

Orlando is better off with the Cure Bowl that weekend, as they currently have.

Orlando City SC would still need to work with the Florida Sports Commission, the local group which brings in such events. The Dynamo would need to work with their similar local organization.

*-Championships through 2022 were up for bid and an announcement for winners is typically done in December, so expect them this week.

Little late to the party on the D3 discussion, but I was honestly hoping for the opposite title matchup between Mount Union and John Carroll, only because I was hoping for a rematch, they're both in my school's conference (GO MUSKIES!) and I was able to see John Carroll give us a whooping on our turf from the sidelines as that 31-3 loss to JCU was my sideline reporting debut :D.

Oh well. Congrats to Mary Hardin-Baylor. I was rooting for Oshkosh because of their logo and due to the fact that Oshkosh is fun to say.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Youngstown State just beat Eastern Washington on a ridiculous catch with a few seconds left.  Not sure if the gif will work, but if you click it you'll see it.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/mEkPC6YLg6_hqVNT9yAFvMJQEHk=/0x0:553x300/720x0/filters:focal(0x0:553x300):gifv():no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7665111/yngst.0.gif

IUe6Hvh.png

At least one group of Penguins won something in football.

/NCFA'd

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I saw that play See Red was talking about on TV... The dude caught it with one hand and used the defender to brace it. That's skill, man... pure skill.

One other championship to note, St. Francis (IN) knocked off Baker (KS) to take home the NAIA's championship. Two weeks ago, Garden City (KS) won the NJCAA championship by pulling it out in the final seconds of the El Toro Bowl against Arizona Western.

There's people in the D2 football forum throwing a big pissy fit over the weather conditions at the D2 championship game tonight. Mainly fans of North Alabama.

1 minute ago, dfwabel said:

You did too here four hours ago.

What's your solution?

Momentarily complain, then accept what's beyond my control. Not good to keep problems bottled up inside ;)

7 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Momentarily complain, then accept what's beyond my control. Not good to keep problems bottled up inside ;)

Hey, you start these threads every post season yet never understand the answers for both football and its mess.

Celebration Bowl had "31,000" today, but that number is better than what Eastern Washington had.

Archived