Best College Football Uniforms in Each Conference

pianoknight

Was having this discussion with a friend the other day and thought I'd post it here to see what everyone thinks.

ACC - Clemson. Classic, clean lines. Miami and FSU could be on here if they cleaned up the inconsistencies and superfluous patterns.

B1G - Hardest conference for a classic look fan, by far. Ohio State is out because of their continued tweaking of shoulder stripes and tv numbers. Of course, it's hard not to homer pick Nebraska, but then I'd have to also take Wisconsin in the same breath. Overall, the winged cap wins, and I gotta go Michigan.

XII - Texas. Toss up with Oklahoma, but the unique burnt orange color tips it to Bevo.

PAC - USC. Stick to the classics. 

SEC - Ole Miss. You could go Alabama, but the Rebs have a nice color scheme, especially when they wear the gray pants.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

ACC: I'd have to go with Miami since they got rid of the tin foil stripes.

B1G: Id have to go with The Ohio State University. I like the color scheme and going back to the larger stripes really improved an already great look.

XII: I am going to go with OSU just so I can have a modern uniform in their too, I do like OU's but not their Alts and I'm not a big fan of texas' burnt orange color. 

PAC: have to go with USC, everything else in that conference is garbage, only UCLA might improve their look going with UA this year hopefully.

SEC: I could be a homer and say Florida but with their addition of a white helmet and funky font I can't. So I'll go auburn that shares a similar color scheme but has a better look.

ACC:  North Carolina - Prefer blue helmet but white is nice too. (new-old Miami is runner-up)

PAC 12- UCLA.  Prefer traditional UW, but need to clean up that uni please, eliminate the black and jaws. 

XII.  Oklahoma in white. 

SEC: LSU in purple or Florida in orange over white.  Both fairly rare.    

Big 10:  Michigan - easy

CUSA:  LA Tech with red helmet, blue jersey. 

MWC: New Mexico white & turquoise

AAC:  USF with the green and yellow, not gold

MAC:  Classic Ohio U.

Sun Belt:  UL's all red look from the 2016 bowl game

PAC 12: WSU, barely beating out Colorado, the red and crimson scheme is perfected IMO.

SEC: I think theres alot of clean uniforms but nothing really pops to my eye, so maybe A&M, LSU, Tennessee, with no front runner.

ACC: Hands down UNC, nothing comes close to them in that conference, sorry Clemson, Miami and FSU.

XII: Oklahoma, easy pick, clean as a whistle, still manages to "pop"

Big Ten: I guess Michigan? To be honest I think most of them are all boring. I like Penn State and Ohio State as well

Best in the nation: North Carolina, best color, best uniform, in all of college football.

a2BRS8U.png

18 minutes ago, H11K said:

PAC 12: WSU, barely beating out Colorado, the red and crimson scheme is perfected IMO.

SEC: I think theres alot of clean uniforms but nothing really pops to my eye, so maybe A&M, LSU, Tennessee, with no front runner.

ACC: Hands down UNC, nothing comes close to them in that conference, sorry Clemson, Miami and FSU.

XII: Oklahoma, easy pick, clean as a whistle, still manages to "pop"

Big Ten: I guess Michigan? To be honest I think most of them are all boring. I like Penn State and Ohio State as well

Best in the nation: North Carolina, best color, best uniform, in all of college football.

Nailed it.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

3 hours ago, crosfam said:

ACC:  North Carolina - Prefer blue helmet but white is nice too. (new-old Miami is runner-up)

PAC 12- UCLA.  Prefer traditional UW, but need to clean up that uni please, eliminate the black and jaws. 

XII.  Oklahoma in white. 

SEC: LSU in purple or Florida in orange over white.  Both fairly rare.    

Big 10:  Michigan - easy

CUSA:  LA Tech with red helmet, blue jersey. 

MWC: New Mexico white & turquoise

AAC:  USF with the green and yellow, not gold

MAC:  Classic Ohio U.

Sun Belt:  UL's all red look from the 2016 bowl game

Best PAC12 look:  (Ignore the Falcons new OC in the pic)

R0FxTo9.jpg

ACC: UNC. That blue is fantastic.

Big 10: Michigan. There isn't a lot from the Big 10 that I like, so I'll just stick with the classic look.

Big 12: Texas. Not a huge fan of orange, but burnt orange works well. Also helps that the uniforms don't overdo it in the same way that some of Tennessee's awful alts do.

Pac 12: Cal. The mix of navy and blue is amazing.  

SEC: LSU. Really wish they would wear their purple jerseys more often, but I'd still give them the nod even with just white tops.

rsz_screen_shot_2017-02-13_at_32545_pm.png

ACC: Florida state. Their unis look awesome no matter how many revisions are made

Big ten: Minnesota. Yep going with the homer pick with no shame. Simple unis with a great color scheme.

Big 12:Oklahoma. I have always been a sucker for their unis . simple but great color scheme with a timeless design

Pac-12: USC. While the qbs they produce suck, at least their unis don't

SEC: Auburn. Another set of unis that should never change. IMO the better looking tiger team in the conference.

57 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Was having this discussion with a friend the other day and thought I'd post it here to see what everyone thinks.

ACC - Clemson. Classic, clean lines. Miami and FSU could be on here if they cleaned up the inconsistencies and superfluous patterns.

B1G - Hardest conference for a classic look fan, by far. Ohio State is out because of their continued tweaking of shoulder stripes and tv numbers. Of course, it's hard not to homer pick Nebraska, but then I'd have to also take Wisconsin in the same breath. Overall, the winged cap wins, and I gotta go Michigan.

XII - Texas. Toss up with Oklahoma, but the unique burnt orange color tips it to Bevo.

PAC - USC. Stick to the classics. 

SEC - Ole Miss. You could go Alabama, but the Rebs have a nice color scheme, especially when they wear the gray pants.

ACC - I think North Carolina should be considered. Virginia Tech would be right there if they made the helmet stripes consistent with the jerseys

B1G - Like you said, hard to pick. There are more good uniforms than bad uniforms which is nice. I'm going homer pick and going with Michigan State. Rutgers and Northwestern are up there for me. I'd go as far to cal the B1G the best dressed conference. 

Big 12 - Like the other B1G conference, hard to really nail down to one. Texas/Oklahoma are hard to beat. Kansas State looks very clean and simple. Same goes for Iowa State IMO

PAC - I agree with USC. Colorado isn't too far behind them. 

SEC - LSU is hard to beat. Classic shoulder stripes, nothing too gaudy. 

Now for the G5:

AAC: Navy. Simple and easy 

C-USA:  Louisiana Tech. Really clean uniforms. Glad Adidas didn't ruin them 

MAC: Miami (OH). The MAC might win for worst dressed conference. 

MWC: This one was tough for me. But I think I'd choose Air Force. Just a clean, overall nice look

Sun Belt: Louisiana-Lafayette. The Fun Belt isn't a badly dressed conference, but not great IMO. 

Just my $0.02

AmPJ0Ty.png 

ACC- Gotta go with the underdog... Duke.

B1G- I'd love to pick Michigan and I've said they have the best uniforms in CFB, but after consideration, Minnesota holds the title of best in the B1G.

X11- 100% Texas

PAC 12- Boy, do I love those gray uniforms... Colorado.

SEC- Oh, the orange and white (and sometimes gray) are wonderful... Tennessee

ACC- UNC-Great Colors and the argyle is great

B1G- Michigan, classic, and the new helmet finish is one of by favorites

XII-(Tempted to go with by team, but the font is bad, and the sleeve caps are horrible) so Texas, color scheme

Pac-12: Colorado, great combo of gold, silver and black

SEC: Ole Miss, especially with Powder blue(could go with LSU, but striping under the sleeve ruins it for me)

AAC: Navy, classic

C-USA: LA Tech, I'm a sucker for shoulder stripes

MTN-WEST: Air Force, the new grey is a great addition

MAC: Bowling Green, underrated color scheme

Sun Belt: Georgia Southern, simple but effective

Independents: toss up between ND, Army, and BYU, but Army is my pick

IxkieML.png

As others have said, it's hard not to pick the B1G as the best dressed conference, although you could argue the SEC. The problem I have with the SEC, though, is too many little nitpicky details like Auburn's stripe inconsistency, Florida's font, etc. Save for alternates, most of the B1G isn't flashy, but they've mostly perfected the clean, classic look. The last week of the season is GORGEOUS with Minnesota-Wisconsin, Nebraska-Iowa and Michigan-Ohio State. Hard to beat.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

ACC:  Clemson.  Classic and modern and they do not go over the top.  The rare purple alternates are a treat to watch.

Big 12:  Texas, even though they football program isn't pretty to watch.

Big Ten:  Illinois love their gray alternates.  And the navy blue/orange is beautiful to watch.  Now if they can bring back a winning team.

SEC:  Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss.  

Pac 12:  USC without a doubt.  Stanford also has decent looking unis.

AAC:  Going with Houston.

Mountain West:  Wyoming love me some brown and yellow. :)

MAC:  Akron but haven't really paid attention to the conference.

C-USA:  Marshall.

Independent:  Like Idaho's uniforms too bad they are leaving FBS.

Sun Belt:  Lafayette and their shiny red unis.

ACC - Clemson if they wore purple over orange more often. Not a fan of the head-to-toe orange. Florida State is good too, and so is Virginia Tech, but the Hokies seem to be too into alternates and needless changes. For whatever reason I think UNC looks better in baseball than in either hoops or football. Overall I think I'll go 'Noles here. Georgia Tech might also be able to challenge them if the Jackets kept things simpler.

B1G - If alternates don't count, my alma mater, THE Ohio State University. If alternates DO count, I'm afraid the Bucks' black alts DQ them, and I have to go Penn State.

Big 12 - Kansas State. One of my favorite college football looks ever. OU and UT and sometimes ISU and KU look good as well but KSU takes the cake.

Pac-12 - So many looks that are tantalizingly close to being classics. Washington has a great scheme and even looks good in black, but they have too much clutter with all the alts. Wazoo would look great if they'd stick with silver and drop the matte charcoal. Colorado's classic look was awesome but they currently don't wear a shiny enough gold (Vegas gold stinks), plus the grey alt doesn't work for me. At least none of their helmets are matte. Oregon is Oregon. Arizona looks solid but not great. 1990s UCLA would be my pick, followed by 1990s WSUx, but both have compromised their brands. Thus, I'll take Southern Cal, the only true classic left in the conference.

SEC - The bright red jerseys, grey pants, and eggshell-blue alt helmets give it to Ole Miss in a close one over Auburn, LSU, Georgia, and Alabama, in that order.

AAC - Tulsa when they go royal blue over metallic gold. SMU or Houston any other time. Honorable mentions to Cincy and UConn, and Tulane when they wear their classic colors with no BFBS or GFGS.

MAC - WMU could be amazing but they aren't there yet. Ohio would be the clear winner here if they stuck to green and white. The black alts with green numbers I've seen were atrocious, not least because it was almost impossible to see who was who. Central Michigan may take this one.

C-USA - I'm not familiar with the uniforms of all the teams in this conference, but I have a very difficult time believing any could top classic Louisiana Tech. Those guys look great. EDIT: Marshall isn't far off. 

MWC - Hawai'i and Wyoming both had chances to claim this crown, but the Cowboys refuse to own their brown, and the Warriors don't wear the rainbow throwbacks nearly often enough. You know what? I'll take Hawai'i anyway. Their non-rainbow identity is still very solid, and the throwback alts are the clincher.

Sun Belt: I'll go with Georgia Southern here. For whatever reason I've never been able to become a big fan of ULL's look.

ACC: Split between Clemson and UNC. Love that both teams utilize their unique shades in a way that fits them best.

B1G: Tough pick, but Michigan. Maize & Blue plus winged helmet, near unbeatable combo.

XII: I'll give Kansas State the nod. They keep it simple and let the colors do what they do.

Pac-12: Utah. Their current set is great, love the colors. Probably have the best retro look, complete with the logos and number font.

SEC: Another tough choice, I'll go LSU. Love their look, and rarely have bad alternates when they have them.

AAC: Navy's the easiest choice.

C-USA: No question, Louisiana Tech.

MAC: Ohio, by default.

MWC: Air Force. They have a great current set, and have had some alternate looks that are fantastic.

Sun Belt: UL-Lafayette. Hard to argue against a clean look.

Independents: Notre Dame. Classic look.

On 2/18/2017 at 3:56 PM, crosfam said:

meh - WSU - I hate the grey jersey stripes and battleship grey helmets, and as an old-timer, I miss the Cougars script on the helm:   No need for two shades of grey too.  But hey, I'm a Husky fan. 

3a136acaa65db8e95bc440d4153c.jpg

Ah, the silver helmet with the script - such a good look. Why'd they move away from that? Was it because of Ryan Leaf's terrible NFL career?

I think they just want to be "kewl!" with the new logo, like UW with chrome and black.  I think it is fine, but I'd  rather see it as a secondary logo - I miss the script on the helmet. you cold replace it with any below and it would be an improvement. Though I do not like the flat grey - miss the silver   

Ctisaa9UMAELl-N.jpg

Archived