643 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Apparently the Pacers offered Paul George for Klay and the Warriors said no.

Klay is a better fit for the Warriors team, so that makes sense, but it also shows the Pacers are nuts.

If that's a move they would have considered, Kevin Love would have been a better trade. He can't shoot as well, but he can pass and rebound. (Though I bet the Cavs would take Klay for Love straight up.)

Lol, yeah. No thanks, Indy. 

So I have no idea what the Raptors are doing......

1. We trade away Carroll along with a 1st & 2nd in a salary dump move, only to waive the player we got back (Justin Hamilton). 

2. We trade away Cory Joseph for nothing & sign C.J. Miles. This deal was originally a Sign & Trade, now it isn't.... meaning we no longer have the MLE we had to sign another player because we used it on him. 

So we traded away a guy that was crippling us cap wise only to have anywhere from 3 to 4 million under the hard cap to spend on another guy if we do trade for someone else. So yeah. How is this helping us out cap wise? 

On 7/14/2017 at 10:06 AM, dont care said:

Can we change the knicks logo to a dumpster fire already?

I wonder how Michael Doret would feel about that...

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

On 7/15/2017 at 0:13 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

So I have no idea what the Raptors are doing......

1. We trade away Carroll along with a 1st & 2nd in a salary dump move, only to waive the player we got back (Justin Hamilton). 

2. We trade away Cory Joseph for nothing & sign C.J. Miles. This deal was originally a Sign & Trade, now it isn't.... meaning we no longer have the MLE we had to sign another player because we used it on him. 

So we traded away a guy that was crippling us cap wise only to have anywhere from 3 to 4 million under the hard cap to spend on another guy if we do trade for someone else. So yeah. How is this helping us out cap wise? 

No clue. Also let Patrick Paterson and PJ Tucker go- both very underrated defenders. Gained nothing else of substance. 

I had no clue Jerebko was a Jazz fan growing up. He even has a signed Kirilenko jersey (per a previous tweet). Pretty cool! 

1 person likes this

How is he still in the league?

6 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

How is he still in the league?

Jerebko was a perfectly fine bench option for Boston. $4 mil a year seems high but we are in the salary cap funny-money era, after all.

On 7/13/2017 at 3:25 PM, Lights Out said:

No, the only difference is that Billy King was dumb enough to let the Celtics outsource their tanking to Brooklyn instead of doing it themselves.

This is partially true, but so far the only piece of value the Celtics have got out of that is Jaylen Brown. We'll see what happens with Tatum. But let's remember that Horford, Hayward and the coach weren't products of tanking.

Perhaps there is something to the competitive balance complaints, but it's hard to diagnose a source of inherent unfairness when the duopoly consists of one team that drafted very well and another with a homegrown GOAT candidate.

30 year no interest loan? Kiss my whole ass.

18 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

30 year no interest loan? Kiss my whole ass.

The Buccaneers did the same thing for Raymond James Stadium, but you got your money back after10 years. For most STHs, year 11 and getting the refund coincided with the recession in '07-10.

The Warriors are light years ahead of every other sports team. If you want to witness history, you gotta pay up. 

30 years from now Earth will be a rotting corpse and the uber rich will be living on Planet Tesla (aka Mars). 

1 person likes this

On 07/17/2017 at 2:21 PM, dont care said:

I guess sell high while he can, before the team eventually collapseslike every team does that isn't a top 2 team.

The new TV and apparel money has kicked in.

Windhorst is correct in that there isn't a new revenue stream coming in but for them partnering up with a sports gambling company and there's no real time frame for that to become legal.

What is going on in Cleveland?

23 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

So Uncle Drew is really a "snowflake"?

Wow.

43 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

786de3bed1f86697ab32568f6fb3a216.gif

47 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

According to ESPN he wants to be traded to either New York, Miami, Minnesota or San Antonio.

Interesting list.