NBA 2017-18: A Tale of Two Conferences

buzzcut

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

So the two biggest parts of the Cavs/Celtics trade won't make the postseason. That sucks. 

The Cavs turned Kyrie into Nance, Clarkson, one of George Hill or Rodney Hood, and kept that Nets pick.

So while the principals from the original trade aren't there, it still paid off pretty well for Cleveland.

18/19, however, will likely be a completely different story.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, DG_Now said:

The Cavs turned Kyrie into Nance, Clarkson, one of George Hill or Rodney Hood, and kept that Nets pick.

So while the principals from the original trade aren't there, it still paid off pretty well for Cleveland.

18/19, however, will likely be a completely different story.

That's the biggest question too. Thomas went under the knife again, now Kyrie is as well. If LeBron  leaves Cleveland again, the Cavs got younger which they needed to do. With the 7th pick they should get a top notch player as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Koby did a great job with the Kyrie trade, all things considered.

Cavs still can't play defense, but they've made the most out of what was a pretty inflexible roster at the start of the season. Dropping Shump was critical too.

This Cavs team definitely isn't beating a healthy Warriors. But the Rockets, maybe? The West is likely to be a bloodbath.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, Kaz said:

Looks like it’s up to the Washington Raptors to somehow stop Lebron from making the finals again like you’ve all been doubting in this thread for whatever reason 

Well there's your problem. Counting on D.C. teams in the postseason is an exercise in disappointment. Looks like Raps-Cavs in the ECF. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Well there's your problem. Counting on D.C. teams in the postseason is an exercise in disappointment. Looks like Raps-Cavs in the ECF. 

On 3/31/2018 at 7:02 PM, ozzyman314 said:

Brad Stevens has to be a favorite for Coach of the Year, make me a better argument.  

"Mr. .500", Nate McMillan. And I hate to say that.

IND was projected for 30.5 wins this season following the George trade.

LeBron brought the Cavs back from being down 17tonight with 7 minutes to go (and Clarkson shouldn't be allowed to play anymore). The Rockets have won 60+ games and Harden's been great, but James really ought to be the MVP this year.

Fun game tonight.

Brett Brown took the Sixers from a 10 win team to a 50 win team in two seasons, with Embiid in and out of the lineup, Saric in and out, Fultz lost for practically a whole season, and some early inconsistency from Ben Simmons.  Dude survived the process and has a legit chance at the #3 seed in the East.  He's not the coach of the year - he's the coach they should name the award for.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Brett Brown took the Sixers from a 10 win team to a 50 win team in two seasons, with Embiid in and out of the lineup, Saric in and out, Fultz lost for practically a whole season, and some early inconsistency from Ben Simmons.  Dude survived the process and has a legit chance at the #3 seed in the East.  He's not the coach of the year - he's the coach they should name the award for.

He had a collection of talent to work with (Simmons, Saric, Embiid). 

Larry Brown took the 90-91 Spurs to 56 wins from 21 the year before and wasn't Coach of the Year because he had talent. In 1990, David Robinson and Sean Elliott were rookies and Willie Anderson was a 2nd year player. He won CoY in the season he took PHL to the Finals and AI was MVP.

At the start of the season, the Pacers just had what folks call the best arena in the NBA and an improving player in Miles Turner. Oladipo was a twice traded player with a nasty contract.

11 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

If LeBron wins MVP, then it’s a joke.

basically, why reward a guy who only played hard after the All Star break?

They gave it to a guy who's only mission was to get himself a triple double for the year, wins and team unity be damned so why not LeBron? And to say he only started playing after the All Star Break is disingenuous. He's played better since the All Star Game but he's been in the conversation of MVP all year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Trust the godsdamned process. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I defy Sixers fans to come up with a better catchphrase.

I checked out when Philly was up 35. That the Cavs closed it to two is remarkable. But still great for the Sixers, since Philly is now in the drivers seat for the 3 seed, AKA basically a clear path to the ECF.

46 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I defy Sixers fans to come up with a better catchphrase.

Why?  It's what they were told during every Brett Brown press conference, every Hinkie interview, and even by the short-lived president and his BFF the owner.  Everyone hated the process, but they proved that it is the best way for a team that can't sign the best player to get good, while the rest of the BS league just tries to go from 9th place to 7th place.  They're a 50-win team and a legit threat to make the finals.  They're setting records without their best player.  Screw any and everyone that wasn't on board with what Sam Hinkie was doing.  It's the only way.

Archived