• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

These are beautiful. I know it's been said a million times before, but these are super professional, super well done, and just super good looking. Amazing work as always.

Thanks Zeus.

5 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Love the Zazzle shop (https://www.zazzle.com/sparkystuff/products), but now I want tons of your other designs, especially the Highlanders!  

Thanks dp...I have a ton of stuff to load up there...just got to find the time to do it.

5 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

Now I want a logo survivor board. All the primary logos on a sheet, and the designs ruled out by NHL Seattle crossed off. Since they've stated the Kraken are out.

Here you go Dan...

B9ZiKDv.jpg

On 12/8/2018 at 10:37 PM, Tomanaki said:

Looking forward to the Totems, that's for sure. Great work!

Thanks T...could be Totems...(although it's not a "water-based" concept)...however they have reached out to a local indigenous artist.

On 12/8/2018 at 5:42 PM, ldconcepts said:

Yeah Id...they say that "Kraken" is off the table...and then it's back on...They say it'll be a "water-based" concept and then, they reach out to the local indigenous population and have talked to artist Louie Gong, a member of the Nooksack tribe, which would suggest "Totems"...Who knows...I think there will be a lot of misdirection as the process evolves...

So, I'm putting all names back in the race...

RyufeLb.jpg

However...Kraken (my favourite), Totems, and the two Fish names are all very polarizing names, aren't they?! It seems that people either love'em or hate'em.

So I'm wondering if a less contentious name might be a dark horse in all this...

Seattle Evergreens

I'm gonna throw some support over to the "Evergreens" as a "sleeper choice"... a "gentler" concept that won't be as polarizing.

It could work pretty well...a crisp, clean, simple logo...You could "spruce-up" (see what I did there?) the concept by bringing in the plaid element and then have some fun with it...

sSFpXpX.jpg

xkGKG6V.jpg

H454UzK.jpg

bWLUxR2.jpg

(yes...that's Dave Tippett)🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2018 at 9:15 AM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I could get behind Evergreens. There's sooooo many good options. Hopefully they hit a home run with the branding. 

Yeah tlph..."Evergreens" could be the sleeper...

The old Whalers' uniforms looked GREAT down in Carolina...

oGwPlkU.jpg

So, take a similar look, but replace the blue with a darker green...

DURtLF0.jpg

Put on some crisp white Seattle logos (w/a touch of silver). The striping matches the horizontal lines of the "E"...

ITKnf0B.jpg

For fun, create a Seattle-Plaid-cut uniform for an alt...

QRkeOOv.jpg

while it looks great, I just can’t picture a team being called Emeralds or Evergreens. It’s not a common pro team name, even along the lines of Canadiens, Nordiques. It just doesn’t sound right when I imagine an NHL highlight package and the guy saying “Emeralds/Panthers, first period action...”

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 10:28 PM, B-mer said:

while it looks great, I just can’t picture a team being called Emeralds or Evergreens. It’s not a common pro team name, even along the lines of Canadiens, Nordiques. It just doesn’t sound right when I imagine an NHL highlight package and the guy saying “Emeralds/Panthers, first period action...”

Thanks B-mer...I think Evergreens would work pretty good...It'd get shortened to "'Greens" as in "Go Greens Go"!...it could work.

Anyway, finally got around to wrapping this thing up. I summarized all 12 concepts in a book over at issue...

sYta6sb.jpg

You can see the whole book here...https://issuu.com/sparkychewbarky/docs/the_battle_of_seattle

I'll post the pages up here a few at a time...

Wow. I think the Sealions inaugural patch would be fantastic as the primary logo,  looks so much more aggressive and like a real logo I can easily see happening. 

Im picturing it similar in shape to the Red Wings logo, or to the 90s capitals eagle with more curves. Even without the trident and small adjustments to flippers. That’d be awesome 

22 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I'm still in love with the Krakenhead hat.

Yeah Dan...Wish I could have that produced...I'd be a millionaire, moo-hoo-hoo-ha-ha-ha...

3 hours ago, B-mer said:

Wow. I think the Sealions inaugural patch would be fantastic as the primary logo,  looks so much more aggressive and like a real logo I can easily see happening. 

Im picturing it similar in shape to the Red Wings logo, or to the 90s capitals eagle with more curves. Even without the trident and small adjustments to flippers. That’d be awesome 

Yeah B-mer...i might work on that...could be a good secondary. Thanks.

Okay guys I'm gonna post the rest of the pages here so you don't have to go looking for them. Hope you enjoy them!...

Pages 8-15...

i92ED2h.jpg

BkNNNIu.jpg

4FvQ0uN.jpg

bNBo8WV.jpg

Im excited to see if you do something with that Sealion logo.  But, that Steelheads set is maybe my favorite.  I do really like the dark aqua and gold combos you have for the Sealions and Kraken, but something about the Steelheads is really classy and fits so well.  If I was in a position to choose between them I don't know what i'd do.  So many solid options.

Archived