TIL: The Vancouver Canucks wore their Spaghetti Skate Alternates against many other bad jerseys

DTConcepts

I was digging around online and found some pictures of the Canucks wearing their gradient-filled spaghetti skate alternates against some of hockey's other most-hated uniforms. Neither picture really shows the other team's jerseys, but they're clearly visible.

nov2310_96Naslund03_b_slide.jpg

Vancouver-Canucks-Trevor-Linden.jpg

Just figured I should post this here.

Most teams in 95-96 wore their alternates on weekend (or close-to-the-weekend) games. I think it started as a Saturday thing (for games on Fox) then turned into Friday-Sunday.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

28 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Most teams in 95-96 wore their alternates on weekend (or close-to-the-weekend) games. I think it started as a Saturday thing (for games on Fox) then turned into Friday-Sunday.

Seems about right. I distinctly remember watching the infamous Burger King vs. Ice Breaker Wild Wing game on a Saturday.

VmWIn6B.png

Nationally televised on Fox, no less!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As a Canuck fan, I actually like those.  They did look better with the red socks.  It's kinda what an alternate jersey should be without being too ugly like the Kings' burger king jersey or the Ducks.  

Ah, the salmon jersey.  They could have made something nice with that base colour but the gradient just sinks it.  I get making a jersey like this in 1996, during dye-sublimation-mania, but I don't understand why they revisited the gradient concept and actually made it worse.

Archived