Adidas NFL Series / In (Short) Hiatus

hendocfc

just looking at the falcons concept, the black alternate seems like it’s missing something. i was wondering if maybe the three stripes from the other jerseys would look good?

overall, i’m intrigued so far, especially by the “night lights” alternates. are those like a replacement for color rush?

17 hours ago, hendocfc said:

The primary set is intentionaly plain,actually,as it was like that throughout their history. You won't see many others that are that "plain". As for the blue alt... I simply went and,as @Htown1141 said,added a stripe with the top part of the Arizona flag on the jersey. It was originally meant to be black,but I then thought it was a little... how do you say it? Black For Black's Sake?

Anyway... here's the updated Cardinals. Falcons coming later today,got to fix those pesky TV numbers first!

E3t0lNv.png

OVhSPup.png

lwS9L2J.png

2bOKLZ6.png

I would add the stripes to the cardinals home jersey as well. I know that goes against the old look, but it would be a nice way to update and make both sets consistent. 

a2BRS8U.png

Arizona- Make the sleeve stripes consistent, and you have a winner. What about copper instead of blue though?

Atlanta- Again, the inconsistent sleeve stripes. Also, not loving the logo on top of the stripes. Big fan of the silver numbers. Can we get a throwback logo on the black set?

All in all, good job.

I see @Htown1141 was right after all; these boards are really that obsessed with S-T-R-I-P-I-N-G C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-C-Y!

Jokes aside... Well the Atlanta striping is based off their mid 1980s look; I just - oh the irony - replaced the pants stripe with the 3 bar striping in order to keep the design somehow erm... consistent! The alts are meant to be fauxbacks based on their current throwbacks,with all striping changed to the 3 bar stripes for erm... S-T-R-I-P-I-N-G C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-C-Y throughout the set. 

I'm moving on to the next team later; If I ever decide to revisit these two,it will be after I finish all initial redesigns; I don't want the thread to pause on the first two teams for very long because of C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-C-Y I-S-S-U-E-S!

I should fix that when I update the set,then. 

Anyway,moving on to the Ravens... The two main jerseys and the "Franchise" alt all feature the same design: The sleeves feature a rather unique form of striping in stylized "raven wings". The pants also switch the plain stripe for a double stripe look similar to the helmet design. All black on these 3 sets is replaced by a colour adidas call "punjab". This colour is a strange,often shiny black that can turn to navy blue or dark purple when hit by certain lighting. Helmet stays black,though (on the field,the difference between black and "punjab" would be barely noticeable). The pants on the white set are purple to enable interchangeability. The alt features a rather conceptual design; the head-to-toe black look is meant to be inspired by an actual raven. Thus,the "raven wings" in this one become a subtle dark grey.

The "Night Lights" alt is a flashy purple with neon yellow and black trim,with striping on the sleeves taken by the flag of Maryland. The pants and helmet have a neon yellow stripe to enhance that aspect of the uniform. (In case you come to me about consistency,the striping from the other 3 didn't really fit with the concept)

cLY6LuZ.png

CQYRB3v.png

wCrUkJQ.png

mVbvNUv.png

This is a good oncept for the Ravens, but I've got some critiques:

- The wings are really bland and small. Maybe you could add some purple/dark grey accents and make the wings slightly bigger?

- You can probably use the entire sleeve space for the Maryland state flag pattern, but it's on your own personal preference. Same goes with your Cardinals' blue uniform.

- You can also enlarge the helmet and pants' stripes, because, from a far distance, it seems that the pants don't have side stripes.

Other than those, I like your take on the Ravens. Keep up the good work!

Shameless plug is shameless, but do one part of the maryland flag on one shoulder, and the other part on the other shoulder, because right now it kinda just looks lazy above anything else.

Also, I feel like the font could be a little thicker or have a bolder outline. Just MO, keep up the great work!

i’m a big fan of giving baltimore wings on the sleeves, i don’t recall seeing that often for concepts with them, but as it was stated above, they do seem a little small.  but even with that minor nitpick, these first three teams are very solid so far, keep it up!

About the wings,I suck at drawing animal-related stuff,so yeah I couldn't really pull off more detailed ones. Not that I didn't try,several times in fact; they just sucked. I can try again,I guess... As for the Maryland flag on the neon alt,the full sleeve cap (is that how they're called?) having the flag seemed a touch too garish to me. @Htown1141,I wanted to simulate the top part of the flag as a stripe on each sleeve. About the TV numbers, I shall fix that,thanks for the heads up. 

Bump: This series is going to sleep for a little bit,as I need to update my drawing of the adidas Primeknit template (I found pictures that suggest I have made several mistakes,mainly on the back of the jersey). There will be a round of remakes/updates for the 3 I've already posted before I continue with the rest. I invite people to suggest any fixes,especially to the striping on the first two teams.

Archived