Name That Font!

pcgd

Can anyone tell me which letter font was used on the "State" script wordmark; as well as the number font on the numerals?

2001-2002-adam-ballinger-michigan-state-

Thanks.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Number font is Compacta, probably Bold.

Wordmark is custom, I believe.

For the numbers, thanks. But for the wordmark letters, there's no font similar or close to this custom typeface? I see.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

I don't believe Nike created a font, just the 'State' logo. Could be wrong, but I don't recall any kind of overall branding with it. I know the football program used the word mark briefly, but that was ditched early. It wasn't until the new redesign that they got more unified.

I can respect on what you're saying. But even so, is there a font that's similar to the writings of the 'State' wordmark logo? That's all I ask.

Does anyone know what type of font was used for the San Francisco 49ers Prototype Logo they tried to replace their logo with way back in 1991, which they thankfully didn't because every 49er fan and their dog squawked about it before it ever hit the field.

Prior to the California Golden Bears new wordmark/typeface re-branding in 2012 (mostly on football); which font(s) are close to a.) the letters and b.) the numbers of UCal's previous font (as of 2004)?

California-Golden-Bears.jpeg

It would be much appreciated.

Anyone know this font for Southern Miss? It's the one used in the helmet logo, but different than the one Conrad released. It's very similar to Maryland's font, but definitely different. Maybe Maryland's was derived from this one?

2711_southern_miss_golden_eagles-wordmar

Anyone know this font for Southern Miss? It's the one used in the helmet logo, but different than the one Conrad released. It's very similar to Maryland's font, but definitely different. Maybe Maryland's was derived from this one?

Go to page 10 of this PDF.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/smis/genrel/auto_pdf/smis-style-guide.pdf

I sent it to Conrad a few months ago. I don't know if he is still working on it or didn't see it.

• Like 1

JeKhnr9.png

I sent it to Conrad a few months ago. I don't know if he is still working on it or didn't see it.

Thanks a lot! Nice to have a vector of the helmet logo, too.

Speaking of the Southern Miss fonts (like you mentioned which they are on pages 9 & 10), what are the official names of the primary & secondary fonts & its numbers? And is there any other fonts that close to them?

I've been stumped on this one for quite a while, now.

Back in the mid-late 90s, the Milwaukee Brewers used a Germanic type font for their branding (the Motre Bame set):

85970a_lg.jpeg

85970b_lg.jpeg

I've been searching for a while now for an actual typeface of this same style...does anyone have any kind of clue if one actually exists? For what it's worth, a similar type of lettering also appears at the bottom of this poster:

pittsburgh_fowler_1902.png

Something more similar to that lettering is what I'm actually trying to (re)create; I just need something to use as a point of comparison.

Any and all help/suggestions greatly appreciated...thanks in advance.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I've been stumped on this one for quite a while, now.

Back in the mid-late 90s, the Milwaukee Brewers used a Germanic type font for their branding (the Motre Bame set):

85970a_lg.jpeg

85970b_lg.jpeg

I've been searching for a while now for an actual typeface of this same style...does anyone have any kind of clue if one actually exists? For what it's worth, a similar type of lettering also appears at the bottom of this poster:

pittsburgh_fowler_1902.png

Something more similar to that lettering is what I'm actually trying to (re)create; I just need something to use as a point of comparison.

Any and all help/suggestions greatly appreciated...thanks in advance.

Conrad created a 1994 Brewers font that looks exactly like that. I believe that's what you're looking for

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Almost...but not quite. It's not exactly the old Brewers font I'm looking for, but rather, whatever if any typeface that Brewers font was based on . Something like the lettering down bottom of that old Pittsburgh poster is more of what I'm going for, if one exists out there somewhere.

Thank you, though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||