Name That Font!

pcgd

I am working on finding a new font for our high school's athletic department.

The nickname is Cougars.

I want to use a font that has seraphs/details that looks like claws/teeth.

There are several fonts I have found that fit the bill but don't want to risk any legal problems.

Here are a few that I find attractive:

michigan-state-spartans-facebook-covers-

233_MM_and_Lion_1_.jpg-type in MONARCHS

Any suggestions on fonts that have similar looks that would be open source? Thank you!

I am working on finding a new font for our high school's athletic department.

The nickname is Cougars.

I want to use a font that has seraphs/details that looks like claws/teeth.

There are several fonts I have found that fit the bill but don't want to risk any legal problems.

Here are a few that I find attractive:

michigan-state-spartans-facebook-covers-

233_MM_and_Lion_1_.jpg-type in MONARCHS

Any suggestions on fonts that have similar looks that would be open source? Thank you!

Monarchs is a style that is simply called "Falcons" available here: http://www.dafont.com/falcons-font.font

I believe one of the members here made the Michigan State font into a true type form, someone may chime in with that info.

logolayout_905.jpg

A photo set of the Band Lake Street Dive. Not sure if the font was created specifically for the logos, due to the tail connecting the "E" to the "L" in Lake. Also again with the STR.

If this is a font maybe some one here might know which one it is. I know I've seen those capital rounded E's in a similar font before.

Font or not, cool design., especially the circular logo.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me the name of this font?:

JRSY-WBBRED25EzellF-c.jpg

In my opinion, I wish all of Alabama's sports programs should be re-branded under this modern letter/number font, while keeping its traditional colors.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

In my opinion, I wish all of Alabama's sports programs should be re-branded under this modern letter/number font, while keeping its traditional colors.

Looks like a heavily modified version of Compacta to me.

The university of San Francisco dons.

USF-unveils-new-logos-37948461.jpg

City Bold, which can also be found as Civic Bold.

Looks like a heavily modified version of Compacta to me.

I see. But thanks for your help. And I still think that it should be applied to Alabama's athletic program re-branding.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Alabama has used City Bold for a lot of its athletic branding, the same font as the San Francisco picture above.

This wordmark might be unique for basketball alone, just as Texas A&M has its own font for football.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Alabama has used City Bold for a lot of its athletic branding, the same font as the San Francisco picture above.

This wordmark might be unique for basketball alone, just as Texas A&M has its own font for football.

Texas A&M has a unique font too? But for football? Wow! Back to Alabama, this pic I posted was from a women's basketball game worn jersey. The men's basketball jersey's font is similar to what was Maryland men's basketball's font. Like a variation of the Aachen Bold font or such.

Found this font from some page, but don't know the exact name of it. Just thought I posted it.

IRMsports.png

Any ideas?

Found this font from some page, but don't know the exact name of it. Just thought I posted it.

IRMsports.png

Any ideas?

SF Automaton

Ok, thanks. No wonder that font looks legit.