Black Swamp Bullfrogs

burgundy

There's been a lot of talk around the Toledo area of a probable af2 team coming when the new arena is finished. This is my concept, the Black Swamp Bullfrogs. Instead of Toledo I decided to use Black Swamp to encompass all of northwest Ohio which is where the Black Swamp used to be. Toledo, besides being the "Glass City" has also been called "Frogtown" due to the large population of frogs in the swamp. This is also my first attempt at vector after playing around with inkscape for a little while. Just so you know, the helmet and pants are not black, they're charcoal. C&C appreciated.

bullfrogs-logo_sheet.jpg

bullfrogs-hlmt.jpg

bullfrogs-home.jpg

bullfrogs-away.jpg

spacer.png

I like it, and love that dark/black color you have for the helmet.

The only thing that seems off for the logo is the back leg (left one). It seems like it should be smaller and at a different angle than the one in front (right). Other than that, I think it looks good.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Very well done. Two things stand out to me that could be improved. First, I'd eliminate the double green outline around the football. The lighter green isn't part of the football and it isn't part of the frog. A single outline with the darker green would be an improvement in my eyes. Second, the hind legs seem much too large. They seem to overpower the body which should be the focus of the logo, I think. Shrinking them a little bit may help.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Seems too realistic too me, but I think it works. I think the primary works well, but I feel like the secondary is too symmetrical, maybe add some shading to it. Love the colors though, the green and the charcoal look very well together, and it's very unique which is the main thing. Final thing is I'm not really liking the Reds font on the wordmark. Shouldn't use a baseball team font for a football team.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

THOSE ARE SOME OF THE COOLEST UNIFORMS IVE SEEN ON HERE

I LOVE THEM

HOWEVER

I DONT LOVE THE LOGO

IT IS GOOD BUT NOT GREAT

AND CHARCOAL DOESNT FIT IF THE NAME IS BLACK SWAMP

IT HAS TO BE BLACK

Disagree. The charcoal MAKES this uniform set!

The only thing I'd change is to use the secondary logo on the helmet.

201222154_0f633bbfdb_o.png

Second, the hind legs seem much too large. They seem to overpower the body which should be the focus of the logo, I think. Shrinking them a little bit may help.

His frog is proportionally correct. A true bullfrog's legs are that long when outstretched.

That doesn't neccesarily mean that the correctness makes it looks sharp.

Sigs are for sissies.

Thanks for all of the comments so far everyone!

Very well done. Two things stand out to me that could be improved. First, I'd eliminate the double green outline around the football. The lighter green isn't part of the football and it isn't part of the frog. A single outline with the darker green would be an improvement in my eyes. Second, the hind legs seem much too large. They seem to overpower the body which should be the focus of the logo, I think. Shrinking them a little bit may help.

The ball is only outlined in one green, and it's the darker one. Do you mean the charcoal as the "darker green"? The reason for the green outline is that it is the outline of the whole logo when placed on the charcoal helmet. As for the legs, I wanted them to be that size because 1) that's how they are on the frog as Cooleyvol pointed out and 2) I thought it would give the logo an effect similar to the Chargers' bolt.

Seems too realistic too me, but I think it works. I think the primary works well, but I feel like the secondary is too symmetrical, maybe add some shading to it. Love the colors though, the green and the charcoal look very well together, and it's very unique which is the main thing. Final thing is I'm not really liking the Reds font on the wordmark. Shouldn't use a baseball team font for a football team.

I liked the font because I thought it was vaguely reminiscent of lilly pads. Maybe I'm just seeing things though.

spacer.png

dont get me wrong, i like the charcoal

im just saying if the team is called black swamp

if you keep the charcoal change the name to the Toledo Bullfrogs

i cant see the green bay packers being yellow and red

or the boston red sox being blue and yellow

It's not like it's a completely different color as you gave in your examples, it's almost black while being different from the rest of the black helmets out there. Besides, it's the name of the area not the nickname. Would you want every team out of Amarillo Texas to be exactly yellow?

spacer.png

It's not like it's a completely different color as you gave in your examples, it's almost black while being different from the rest of the black helmets out there. Besides, it's the name of the area not the nickname. Would you want every team out of Amarillo Texas to be exactly yellow?

Fantastic point. Speaking of yellow, I think the helmet logo could use a white or yellow outline to give it a little more 'POP', if you will. Secondly, I like the wordmark. It's pretty 'froggy-looking', for lack of a better term.

Sigs are for sissies.

I've updated the helmet with the logo outlined in gold. I think it does look pretty good. I also tried to make the back leg smaller, but to me it just looked like a gimpy frog, so I decided not to stick with it. The pointedness of the digits, I think, adds to the fierceness of the logo, moreso than rounded ones did. Maybe I'm lust not good at rounding things off though.

the helmet...

bullfrogs-hlmt2.jpg

spacer.png

I've updated the helmet with the logo outlined in gold. I think it does look pretty good. I also tried to make the back leg smaller, but to me it just looked like a gimpy frog, so I decided not to stick with it. The pointedness of the digits, I think, adds to the fierceness of the logo, moreso than rounded ones did. Maybe I'm lust not good at rounding things off though.

the helmet...

bullfrogs-hlmt2.jpg

If you wanted fierceness, then why did you name your team the 'Frogs? And I never remember frogs having claws.....

Archived