Bolt Bolts to new World Record

DEAD!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bet he couldn't do with with bent-back paper clips as feets...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Man...would love to see the highlights...

I wonder if he ran hard the entire distance....

Also the track at China is much faster than the track in Berlin, so we still don't know what his absolute fastest is.

I watched the race on TV and I'd have to say... kinda? He seemed to run all the way through the line, but was looking around in the last 20 metres and checking to see his time. It's hard to tell, he never looks like he's running that fast or trying that hard, but I guess that's his style. But my impression from tonight was, he will run much faster than this.

It is incomprehensible how fast that man was moving. I really, really hope he's clean.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It is incomprehensible how fast that man was moving. I really, really hope he's clean.

Yeah I'd be really disappointed if he was running dirty. It's cool to see that we've got another once-in-a-lifetime-type in a sport, this time in sprinting. If Bolt were to be doping, that'd just be a terrible blow to track & field.

That said, Jesus Christ. 9.58?! And watching the race, he made it look easy. He could definitely do better, which is afreakingmazing. Also crazy is that Tyson Gay broke an American record but finished 2nd. You know you're dealing with something out-of-this-world when you break the American record and lose.

Clean? Can drugs even make you that fast? I'm starting to suspect the man has 6 Million Dollar Man bionic legs. D-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d

SIX%20MILLION%20DOLLAR%20MAN%20ROBOT%20LEGS.JPG

Man, that's unreal. After watching that video, I can't help but feel sorry for Tyson Gay. Guy runs a hell of a race, distancing himself from the rest of the field and setting a new American record, and gets overlooked because he happens to be running against the superfreak.

And who said man can't fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was insane! And this guy is only 22, I've heard rumours he will be moving to the 400m distance next year (a non-championship year) and aiming to get all 3 sprint records. (Actually, that would make 4, because he has the 150m record that he set recently in Manchester).

And guys, I think it is entirely inappropriate to raise suggestions of doping.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

That was insane! And this guy is only 22, I've heard rumours he will be moving to the 400m distance next year (a non-championship year) and aiming to get all 3 sprint records. (Actually, that would make 4, because he has the 150m record that he set recently in Manchester).

Why is it inappropriate, Matt? Elite international Track and Field competition has always been plagued by doping. I haven't seen anyone suggest that Bolt is doping. I just said that I hope he's not because I would hate to see this record tarnished.

I was really just getting into Track and Field in 1988 when Ben Johnson ran that amazing 100m final. A year earlier, Johnson dropped a tenth off the WR, clocking in at 9.83. The 9.79 he ran to capture the gold in Seoul was a fast as many "experts" thought a human could hope to run. But a few days later, Johnson was shown to have doped his way to his records and 9.93 was re-established as the record. No one reached 9.79 "legitimately" until Maurice Green did it over 10 years later!

Doping completely changes the landscape, and I'm sorry that some athletes have made it so that anytime there is such a monumental drop in the 100m world record, we have to hope that the new "World's Fastest Man" is clean. Usain Bolt dropped his own record by over a tenth of a second, that had never happened before cleanly.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Why is it inappropriate, Matt? Elite international Track and Field competition has always been plagued by doping. I haven't seen anyone suggest that Bolt is doping. I just said that I hope he's not because I would hate to see this record tarnished.

I was really just getting into Track and Field in 1988 when Ben Johnson ran that amazing 100m final. A year earlier, Johnson dropped a tenth off the WR, clocking in at 9.83. The 9.79 he ran to capture the gold in Seoul was a fast as many "experts" thought a human could hope to run. But a few days later, Johnson was shown to have doped his way to his records and 9.93 was re-established as the record. No one reached 9.79 "legitimately" until Maurice Green did it over 10 years later!

Doping completely changes the landscape, and I'm sorry that some athletes have made it so that anytime there is such a monumental drop in the 100m world record, we have to hope that the new "World's Fastest Man" is clean. Usain Bolt dropped his own record by over a tenth of a second, that had never happened before cleanly.

I just don't think we should be speculating on possible doping. I think we should respect what he has just done. I don't think people should make any reference to possible usage of performance enhancing drugs until such test results are made public. Usain Bolt would be one of the most tested athletes in the world. Everytime he breaks the WR or wins, he will be tested. In this day and age, the doping controls are more stringent than back in 1988 when Ben Johnson embarrassed himself.

I am in awe of what Usain Bolt has just done, he is almost flying. It is incredible to see man move that fast, and I fully respect Usain Bolt who has the WR for 100, 150 and 200 + the 4x100m relay WR.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I understand, Matt. Really, I do. I totally respect what Usain Bolt has done. I was a sprinter in HS and college. Only one time in my life have I cracked 11 seconds. It is truly beyond belief how fast he is.

I do want to say this regarding testing...there is no test for HGH, there are no tests for all kinds of :censored:. There were no tests for The Cream and The Clear. Don't EVER give me testing as proof that a guy is clean. Neither Mark McGwire or Barry Bonds failed one of those tests. If you're taking something for which there is no way to test yet, you're not clean by default.

Let me say this again. I HOPE Bolt is as clean as a whistle, but I sure as hell don't KNOW.

Just remember that 5 of the 45 runners who made the team for the worlds failed a test following their trails (4 men, 1 woman) in June. Bolt was not one of those, but that is an alarming percentage. All tested positive for Methylhexanamine. There were no suspensions levied.

re delayed penalty's last post, once they get into there running apparently sprinters are decelerating pretty much all the way to the line.

On the doping thing, I think its fair to raise the question. But I don't get the feeling that Bolt is on anything. With Ben Johnson, for instance, you always had a feeling he was hiding something, there was a look in his eye. With Bolt you get the idea that he is a very open, likeable guy, more like say Michael Johnson.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I understand, Matt. Really, I do. I totally respect what Usain Bolt has done. I was a sprinter in HS and college. Only one time in my life have I cracked 11 seconds. It is truly beyond belief how fast he is.

I do want to say this regarding testing...there is no test for HGH, there are no tests for all kinds of :censored:. There were no tests for The Cream and The Clear. Don't EVER give me testing as proof that a guy is clean. Neither Mark McGwire or Barry Bonds failed one of those tests. If you're taking something for which there is no way to test yet, you're not clean by default.

Let me say this again. I HOPE Bolt is as clean as a whistle, but I sure as hell don't KNOW.

It is a sad time whenever an athlete accomplishes something so amazing there is always the doubt in the back of the fans mind that just maybe he isn't clean.

I really really hope he is.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

He could have had that record at the Beijing games anyways, guy pulled up early and celebrated the last 5 or 10 meters

He could have ran the fastest he could ever run, but that does not make him as much money. If he breaks the record by 0.01, he get a bonus. If he shatters it, then me may never be able to profit from his contract which given WR bonuses. What he is doing, which arguably is the toughest thing in global sport, is brilliantly smart. I use global since we in the US adopt "world champion" a bit too easily. It's North American sport equivalent would to just lead the NHL/NBA in scooring as opposed to have the ourright season title.

The construction of the tracks are much different. While both were made by Mondo, an Italian company, which does sports flooring. Mondo admitted that the Berlin track was laid to provide more support/comfort to distant runners while Beijing was built for speed.

(D@mn, I just sounded like Vince Vaughn in "Wedding Crashers")

The Daily Mail Discusses Bolt and the Track

Archived