Corporate Logos

baseballking99

A Lot of companies have logos that are in a similar style to sports logos and would make good ones.

I'm talking about logos that don't necessarily state the name of the company in the logo. So don't say "the Dominos logo would make a good sports logo" because the Dominos logo clearly says Dominos in it.

My picks:

libertymutual.jpg

Liberty Mutual's Statue of Liberty would make a great alt logo for a New York team.

volkswagon_logo.jpg

The Volkswagen logo would make a great hockey crest for a team with the initials VW.

usps.jpg

The eagle is kind of already a sports logo but I think it could work for an eagles team

Please give your suggestions.

yankees-1.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to have a White hockey sweater with a big Silver Apple on it.

Maybe the Playboy bunny, the Puma cat, and the WWF panda (for a team that doesn't take itself too seriously).

Some Corporate logos are already sports team logos:

Red Bull New York

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=1876

Cruz Azul

http://www.cementocruzazul.com.mx/

Japanese baseball is full of them...Orix Buffaloes, Fukuoka Soft Bank Hawks, Nippon Ham Fighters...

http://www.sportslogos.net/league.php?id=75

Actually a number of your pro teams in Japan are from Corporations so alot of them incorporate the company logo or name into the club.

volkswagon_logo.jpg

The Volkswagen logo would make a great hockey crest for a team with the initials VW.

The Vicious Wildebeests, The Vermont Windowashers' Academy, The Vandal Wanderers .... uh, that's what I got.

A name like Vancouver Wakkos could work, if Time Warner would allow the team to use this for a mascot:

1-WAKKO.jpg

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Couldn't find one without a wordmark, but American's so-called 'scissor eagle' would be an awesome standalone sports logo:

Ae_Logo4_Transparent.jpg

Damn, folk. You went there.

Thought you already knew it was a sports logo...

americanairlinesfb2.png

(You had to have known I was going to do that. :D )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Jaguar_logo.jpg

Ford Mustang

Logo_Ford_03_Mustang.jpg

One of these already is a sports logo...sort of...for SMU. (IIRC, Ford owns the rights to the left-facing mustang while SMU owns the rights to the right-facing Mustang...or something like that.)

The other...well, let's just say the car company had a little more than a little bit to say to and about the team that almost did "alter" that into their own logo... ^_^

Your point still holds, though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived