Corporate Logos

baseballking99

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jaguar_logo.jpg

Ford Mustang

Logo_Ford_03_Mustang.jpg

One of these already is a sports logo...sort of...for SMU. (IIRC, Ford owns the rights to the left-facing mustang while SMU owns the rights to the right-facing Mustang...or something like that.)

The other...well, let's just say the car company had a little more than a little bit to say to and about the team that almost did "alter" that into their own logo... ^_^

Your point still holds, though.

How do the Calgary Stampeders' logo rights figure into this?

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Jaguar_logo.jpg

Ford Mustang

Logo_Ford_03_Mustang.jpg

One of these already is a sports logo...sort of...for SMU. (IIRC, Ford owns the rights to the left-facing mustang while SMU owns the rights to the right-facing Mustang...or something like that.)

The other...well, let's just say the car company had a little more than a little bit to say to and about the team that almost did "alter" that into their own logo... ^_^

Good question. That, I don't know, and didn't even think of.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Jaguar_logo.jpg

Ford Mustang

Logo_Ford_03_Mustang.jpg

Aren't whatever protective rights SMU and Ford own in the US non-applicable in foreign nations? I remember I saw someone trademarked the Burger King logo in Australia and Burger King had to buy it off of them.

usps.jpg

The eagle is kind of already a sports logo but I think it could work for an eagles team

I guess it once was in a way:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=nozusys1ffimc9hhhuwx

Not the exact same, but fairly close.

I used to only see a binder, it took me until I was 10 or something to see the eagle.

usps.jpg

The eagle is kind of already a sports logo but I think it could work for an eagles team

I used to only see a binder, it took me until I was 10 or something to see the eagle.

I thought I was the only one. :D For me it was a book.

Jaguar_logo.jpg

Ford Mustang

Logo_Ford_03_Mustang.jpg

Allegedly, Lee Iacocca and several Ford execs came up with the name after attending a Michigan-SMU Mustangs football gamein Ann Arbor. Although Michigan beat the Ponies, Iacocca was won over by SMU's feisty play and team spirit.

FsQiF2W.png

usps.jpg

In a way, it's kinda like the Atlanta Hawks logo from the 80s.

hawks-logo.gif

I always thought it was some kind of deformed Pac Man when I was a kid. ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

usps.jpg

In a way, it's kinda like the Atlanta Hawks logo from the 80s.

hawks-logo.gif

I always thought it was some kind of deformed Pac Man when I was a kid. ^_^

Clever. Very clever.

Didn't Jaguar put a stop to this as well?

vintagejaguars.gif

Yep, I was just about to post something on that. The car company did give a cease-and-desist order over this logo. Course Jacksonville chose the name Jaguar because the owners wife liked hers so much. <_<

Couldn't find one without a wordmark, but American's so-called 'scissor eagle' would be an awesome standalone sports logo:

Ae_Logo4_Transparent.jpg

Damn, folk. You went there.

Thought you already knew it was a sports logo...

americanairlinesfb2.png

(You had to have known I was going to do that. :D )

Yeah, I almost went looking for that and posted it too. Should have, you deserve credit for a great design. Like the lightning bolt pants stripe for example, a lot of people won't know why that's there but we airline types do:

AmericanAirlines_DC-3.jpg

That pic is from American's excellent museum, which I encourage anyone having the slightest interest in commercial aviation to visit.

When are you coming back, didn't you mention being a short-timer a while back?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

m187.gif

MobilPegasusA.gif

bentley_logo_bw.jpg

Merrill%20Lynch%20logo.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

ugh

some of these would NOT make good sports logos at all I hope some of you are kidding -

anyways

anyone who's ever been to a hardware store and noticed the 'Husky' brand should know the nicely made little wolf logo

brand.gif

I always saw it as more an athletic logo...reminds me of the New Mexico Lobo...it would look great on a helmet would it not?

Archived