Boise State unveiling new uniforms tomorrow

IWORSHIPBENDER

#1: Since when does Boise State NOT wear all blue at home? Y'all are acting like this is something new. Seriously? If this gets ripped, I doubt it'll be because of the monochrome at home since they've almost always worn all-blue at home.

I believe they used to wear orange pants, so no, they didn't wear monochrome until like 2 seasons ago.

I don't know why nike thinks that templates that just randomly stop and start is a good thing. If those stripes went all the way around the sleeve they might be on to something. As of now, it looks unfinished, and the gray is unnecessary.

EDIT: Looks like I was wrong, they used to wear orange pants on the ROAD, not at home like TfoA was saying.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oy vey. Those are bad.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

#1: Since when does Boise State NOT wear all blue at home? Y'all are acting like this is something new. Seriously? If this gets ripped, I doubt it'll be because of the monochrome at home since they've almost always worn all-blue at home.

I believe they used to wear orange pants, so no, they didn't wear monochrome until like 2 seasons ago.

I don't know why nike thinks that templates that just randomly stop and start is a good thing. If those stripes went all the way around the sleeve they might be on to something. As of now, it looks unfinished, and the gray is unnecessary.

EDIT: Looks like I was wrong, they used to wear orange pants on the ROAD, not at home like TfoA was saying.

no, orange pants was more of an alternate they threw in sometimes. they even wore orange pants this year. they also went with monochrome in 2002 and before im pretty sure

The biggest thing that this uniform lacks to me is orange, just like their last set. I was hoping they would add in some more orange into these uniforms, but just weird striping and a gray facemask instead. They're not terrible, but not good either.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

"A touch of gray"? Why? They had some of my favorite unis before and now they just ruined it. I normally like modern jerseys, but this is sorta over the top. The stripes randomly stop on the shoulders (but I'm not sure how it is on the pants, and there is now virtually more gray than orange.

I give this a 6.5 out of 10.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

IUTNQMYYNBBFMKT.20090601153259.jpgCIRPLKHTDDXKNNL.20090601154834.jpg

ESBTSSIASKIYFDT.20090601151446.jpgSDLJHPNRRHSUDUD.20090601151453.jpg

They're not terrible.

But they're nothing spectactular, but I do kinda like the gray.

I don't, however, like how the blue jersey has that stripe on the back of the jersey, but the white jersey doesn't.

And that gap in the butt striping looks pretty bad.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Okay...I know the state of Idaho isn't on anyone's short list of states to visit in this country, nor could 90% of people outside the state name its capital, but...did the heads at Nike really have to go to THIS extreme to make sure their new pet toy(s) get noticed?

And when did Nike decide it was a good idea to start sploshing silver into the looks of the teams it outfits? (Are they doing the "Nike Elite" thing for football too now?)

Seriously, I mean, it ain't an epic fail, but when I see these, I think "pit row" instead of "sideline". That about sums up my thoughts on this.

EDIT: and, at first glance, are they Boise State or the University of Florida???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

My initial reaction to this was 'Oh, yuck!'

Now that I've seen them a few more times, my secondary reaction was a feeling of nausea. These are completely nonsensical in the worst possible way.

Sigs are for sissies.

EDIT: and, at first glance, are they Boise State or the University of Florida???

My first thoughts, exactly.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

no, orange pants was more of an alternate they threw in sometimes. they even wore orange pants this year. they also went with monochrome in 2002 and before im pretty sure

I'm almost positive that they didn't have orange pants last year.

Credit to slapshot....

2655065536_9f236c1542_o.gif

After further review, god these are awful. In my mind, Oregon state would have almost perfect unis if they connected the damn stripe on the butt. And nike did it again here. Why? Just why? Aren't these people professional designers? Random gray in the numbers, leg script has gray that stays gray onto the roads when it should switch to orange, wordmark on chest of road, no wordmark on the chest of home, and why the f *** is there a swoosh with the wordmarks on the back of only ONE jersey? Where is the consistency? And even without these obvious flaws, the overall design is indescribably awful.

Credit to slapshot....

After further review, god these are awful. In my mind, Oregon state would have almost perfect unis if they connected the damn stripe on the butt. And nike did it again here. Why? Just why? Aren't these people professional designers? Random gray in the numbers, leg script has gray that stays gray onto the roads when it should switch to orange, wordmark on chest of road, no wordmark on the chest of home, and why the f *** is there a swoosh with the wordmarks on the back of only ONE jersey? Where is the consistency? And even without these obvious flaws, the overall design is indescribably awful.

Hmmm... must have been when they had the Broncos' template that they had the orange pants then. Either way, I liked the orange pants. They need orange pants. Bring back the orange pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Credit to slapshot....

Hmmm... must have been when they had the Broncos' template that they had the orange pants then. Either way, I liked the orange pants. They need orange pants. Bring back the orange pants.

Seconded. As it stands now, they look entirely too similar to the U of Florida at first glance, as I mentioned earlier. Orange pants. They need them. Like, now.

On another note, what school will Nike swath in (un-needed) silver next???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nike designers attempted to Oregon-ifize the Florida Gators and they said "uhm, yeah, well, no thanks." Nike then looked around for the next school in thier stable with blue & orange as their colors and BINGO! Boise State gets new uniforms.

Damn those unis are ugly.

RobbyBox2.jpg

Archived