Adidas TechFit unis in NCAA-F

CS85

Guys, Adidas =/= Reebok, these aren't the jerseys NFL teams are wearing

Adidas owns Reebok, so yes I bet these jerseys are very similar to the new NFL jerseys Reebok has been experimenting with.

Shows what I know

Guys, Adidas =/= Reebok, these aren't the jerseys NFL teams are wearing

Adidas owns Reebok, so yes I bet these jerseys are very similar to the new NFL jerseys Reebok has been experimenting with.

Shows what I know

For example, compare this

46598-hi-techfit_ucla.jpg

to this:

x610.jpg

Check out the shoulder seam, the shoulder stripes, and the sleeve numbers.

Similar size, placement, etc.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

from deerpark12 on volnation

The Giants and their equipment manager Joe Skiba helped adidas/Reebok develop these jerseys in practices and games over the last 4 years. They were first seen in a game three years ago as a couple of Giant players tested them out in the last 3 games of the season the year they went to the Super Bowl. The Giants and Packers had been wearing these jerseys in practice off and on all-season.

The Giants were the first team to switch their entire team over to them last season. Most of the Jaguars wear them as well. Some players of the Arizona Cardinals wear a variation of them that adidas/Reebok is experimenting with to use the new technology while still allowing the designs and side panels to maintain their look. Players on every team have the option to wear a variation of them with their team's design. Some have, some haven't. The NFL wanted every team to move to this style of jersey, but some players don't like the tighter fit and some owners don't like the way their designs look with the new material.

I am convinced basketball and football will feature the same uniforms in 15-20 years. Football is dropping sleeves, going slim, and adding mesh patterns. Basketball is adding sleeves(or making the shoulder area larger and larger), going slim, adding mesh patterns, incorporating padding all over, and making their shorts into pants.

These jerseys are horrible. Shame on UCLA, who is normal has one of the classiest looks in college football, for letting their team take the field in this garbage. There is no reason the jerseys have to bastardize stripes the way they do. The shoulder seem could just as easily be down 6 inches further to line up with the top of the armhole, and it wouldn't remove any of their snakeoil "Lighter! Faster!" nonsense. There is no reason whatsoever for the jerseys to look that bad. It is just Reebok/Adidas messing things up just to put their stamp on teams.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

These jerseys are horrible. Shame on UCLA, who is normal has one of the classiest looks in college football, for letting their team take the field in this garbage. There is no reason the jerseys have to bastardize stripes the way they do. The shoulder seem could just as easily be down 6 inches further to line up with the top of the armhole, and it wouldn't remove any of their snakeoil "Lighter! Faster!" nonsense. There is no reason whatsoever for the jerseys to look that bad. It is just Reebok/Adidas messing things up just to put their stamp on teams.

I'm suer they could wrap it around with sublimation or some sectioned insert but it would end up looking like the houston rockets' jerseys since the armholes are so damn large these days...I'd like to see a photoshop for laughs though

These jerseys are actually pretty nice, I met with an Adidas representative today who had one of these, and he let me try one on. Everything so far has been Heat-Transferred on the jerseys. Inside of the jersey, there is a little pocket so you can insert the shoulder pad into the jersey. He explained to me that "The jersey is 7 percent lighter compared to the Nike Pro Combat jerseys." He also showed me the new cleats that all Adidas teams will be getting with the jerseys. The cleats, AdiZero, only weigh 6.6 ounces, and uses triangular spikes. They'll be released in May 2011.

These jerseys are actually pretty nice, I met with an Adidas representative today who had one of these, and he let me try one on. Everything so far has been Heat-Transferred on the jerseys. Inside of the jersey, there is a little pocket so you can insert the shoulder pad into the jersey. He explained to me that "The jersey is 7 percent lighter compared to the Nike Pro Combat jerseys." He also showed me the new cleats that all Adidas teams will be getting with the jerseys. The cleats, AdiZero, only weigh 6.6 ounces, and uses triangular spikes. They'll be released in May 2011.

cj spiller and eric berry comparing adizero scorch and nike. this adidas model weighs 8.6 ounces.

any of their snakeoil "Lighter! Faster!" nonsense.

It's not really nonsense. If you haven't compared the weight and performance differences between old jerseys and new jerseys and/or played sports in a heavy shirt versus a light shirt, you might not think it makes a big difference, but it's huge. Imagine playing football for three hours wearing a suit jacket compared to playing football for three hours wearing a workout tee. Big difference, no?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Looking at close-ups of the big-school jerseys (like Tennessee, Michigan and UCLA), it definitely seems like the numbers are stitched on. You can clearly see the stitching around the edge of the numbers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Irish don't look too bad, the numberic font appears slightly different, but only barely. It's unusual to see a QB with no sleeve whatsoever, but overall ok. Just 0 loose material at all. Those things must be snug as hell.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Irish don't look too bad, the numberic font appears slightly different, but only barely. It's unusual to see a QB with no sleeve whatsoever, but overall ok. Just 0 loose material at all. Those things must be snug as hell.

the gold outline on the numbers is a bit thicker.

Archived