What the MLB caps should look like

kevinmets

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a White Sox fan, I am loving all of the suggestions for the white hat (without red). I have owned one exactly like that since they changed from the "C" logo in '91 and always thought the team would look great wearing them with their black alt jersey.

87Redskins.png

Here's mine. Mostly color changes as I feel most of the current cap logos are pretty good.

Home

Home.gif

Away

Away.gif

Like the Jays' one. They're the BLUE Jays, not the Black Jays. They need a blue cap, not a black one.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

NAWWD

Nice job! I love some of your designs.

It looks like you modified almost every team, that takes guts.

Favorites: 1) The combo of the Mariners compass & trident are very good. And 2) the twist on the old Phillies "P" is very cool.

I'm shocked that so many of you like full logos on caps. Most of those (Phillies diamond logo for example) would look like garbage from the stands and even on TV. There's a reason that the monogram has become the "standard" (with a few obvious exceptions) for major-league caps. Even most of those exceptions would be better served going to some form of stylized letter (classic Blue Jays is only logo cap I can think of that I think looks major-league quality.)

I do like that Spiders cap though - simple enough to look professional and incorporates the letter as well.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like most of what I see for the Red Sox hats. I would not be in favor of the Sox dropping navy blue for green, nor would I want them to go to full red hats. Here are the only 3 hats that I would be ok with the Red Sox wearing, in order of preference:

Soxhats.png

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Can't wait for the Blue Jays rebrand. I think they're gonna get it right with the caps.

As long as they remember that they're the BLUE Jays, then I'm happy.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

My MLB Caps

Capsmaller.png

My notable changes:

• Alternate Cap for Cubs, Red Sox, Mets, Phillies (Throwback)
  • Houston Astros caps (used logo from the 90's and used the colors from the 60's through the early 90's
  • Kansas City Royals (gold KC outlined in white)
  • NY Yankees (grey BP cap with navy blue Y)
  • Seattle Mariners (used their cap logo from the 80's and used the colors that the Seattle Sounders FC of the MLS use)
  • Tanpa bay Rays (cap logo from 1999 - 2000; replaced those colors for their current colors)

Wuchu think?

howard.png

My MLB Caps

Capsmaller.png

My notable changes:

• Alternate Cap for Cubs, Red Sox, Mets, Phillies (Throwback)
  • Houston Astros caps (used logo from the 90's and used the colors from the 60's through the early 90's
  • Kansas City Royals (gold KC outlined in white)
  • NY Yankees (grey BP cap with navy blue Y)
  • Seattle Mariners (used their cap logo from the 80's and used the colors that the Seattle Sounders FC of the MLS use)
  • Tanpa bay Rays (cap logo from 1999 - 2000; replaced those colors for their current colors)

Wuchu think?

Wow! These all look really nice. My favorite, though is probably the Marlins

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived