BREAKING NEWS: Brewers Host "Make our Alternate Uniform" Contest!

rmackman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gross, I hate that "cream" or "vintage white" that seems to be so in yet.

You take the overdoing it with throwbacks, and then make it worse by adding that nasty shade of white.

Not a fan at all.

2ly2w09.jpg

So is the winner getting paid, or did the Brewers just scam some free design work?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think it was something along the lines of $1,500 plus an all-expenses trip to Arizona to see the unis in action.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You take the overdoing it with throwbacks, and then make it worse by adding that nasty shade of white.

Not a fan at all.

The uniforms are cream because Milwaukee is known as "Cream City," and most of its older buildings are made from cream-colored bricks.

Not a fan at all.

The uniforms are cream because Milwaukee is known as "Cream City," and most of its older buildings are made from cream-colored bricks.

Plus cream uniforms just look awesome. ;)

I'm going to sound conceited myself but I think all 3 of these are just plain bad. None of them have creativity to them imo, the one I submitted and powersurge as well were so much better than these submissions. It's really disappointing to see these picked as the finalist.

Thanks for the kind words. I just think there were so many more creative and appropriate submissions then what made the finals. I feel that they copped out and went ultra conservative at the end. I like the winner, but to be honest and as everyone else mentioned it seems more like a mish mosh of elements borrowed from other uniforms. I would have liked to have seen something more original. The hat is a great idea but I question the execution.

Called team store and a lot of out of staters have been ordering the caps by phone since it's only available at the team store. Rep said the jerseys will be fore sale at spring training but is unsure when they'll be available at the team store. Due to popular demand, there is a chance that they have to get more of the caps

Go A's!

Winner:

Brewers-uniform-contest-winner.JPG

If it wasn't blasphemous of me to do so as a Pirates fan, I'd totally snag one of those hats.

I don't see the conflict. You can like the Pirates, and also like a baseball team.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So having just four more wins than the Pirates qualifies you as a real baseball team?

/NiceTry

/DivisionRivalry

/WellAtLeastToUsItIs

The Brewers have won a playoff series in the past two years, so... there's that.

In fact, take it from a Brewers fan who suffered for 26 years between playoffs appearances... you should probably develop a sense of humor about your Pirates fandom.

You should probably develop a general sense of humor, since It was a joke. Trust me, nobody is more cynically humorous about the Pirates than their fans. It's like our way of coping. That, and we stray away from any ledges.

oBIgzrL.png

Winner:

If it wasn't blasphemous of me to do so as a Pirates fan, I'd totally snag one of those hats.

I don't see the conflict. You can like the Pirates, and also like a baseball team.

Winner:

17pm4o.png

So having just four more wins than the Pirates qualifies you as a real baseball team?

/NiceTry

/DivisionRivalry

/WellAtLeastToUsItIs

Are you sure about that statistic, because the all-time matchup record between the Pirates and the Brewers is 134-100 in favor of Milwaukee. In my opinion, the Brew Crew and the Bucs are shaping up to have one of the best rivalries in the NL. I'm serious, because everytime they play, no matter what the standings are, it's always an important series. Kind of like the Mets and Pirates rivalry in the 90s.

...the Brew Crew and the Bucs are shaping up to have one of the best rivalries in the NL.

Agreed. I hate* the Brewers.

*In a sports team hate kind of way. I'm sure they, and the rest of Milwaukee, are all nice people** outside of baseball.

**The exception to this is Nyjer Morgan*** who is a certified nutjob.

***Who is no longer a Brewer, actually.

Archived