Lights Out's NBA: Timberwolves pg. 3

Lights Out

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty nice stuff overall. My thoughts:

PHX: Beautiful. Clean, but distinctive, modern, and unique. This would have been a perfect update instead of the flawed look they chose. No real complaints.

WAS: I could live with this. I get the color shift, though I feel like the new colors sort of contradict the star theme, which calls out for red, white, and blue. But I like that it's a scheme unique to the league.

BKN: Great conceptual work, but I'd never want to see this on the court. It's just a little too forced and direct. I'd love to see if you could find a more subtle way to work the subway theme in there.

CLE: Overall, I really like this. The pattern helps spice up the set just enough. However, it does seem like the wordmarks and front numbers are too small.

MIL: Love the color scheme, and the pattern. But this seems too derivative of the Suns concept. Why not just use straight side panels? (Or another shape.) It would also be nice to have a logo somewhere.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

MIL: Love the color scheme, and the pattern. But this seems too derivative of the Suns concept. Why not just use straight side panels? (Or another shape.) It would also be nice to have a logo somewhere.

Co-sign to this. I don't like the idea of the Bucks wearing a color that's so closely associated with the deer's biggest predator (hunters), but your concept keeps it to a tasteful minimum.

I would also put Brooklyn on all of your Nets concepts since you're clearly going for a civic identity. I get what the one person said about it making more sense for a team called the Dodgers, but what can you really do with a name like Nets anyway?

I might have been the only person who liked those Wizards jerseys, so you can imagine I love your concept.

Your Suns concept might be the best I've ever seen at these boards... well done!

The Wizards are fantastic. Literally, fantastic. I don't like even like the team and I'd buy all three jerseys. And I don't buy jerseys from teams that aren't one of my favorites.

The Suns are also really good. Miles better than what they currently are wearing.

I'm not a big fan of the others.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I really like the return to the classic color scheme with the slightly modernized font, and the rocket stripe from the shorts on up to the jersey is one of the better executed ones I've seen. These are very similar in terms of color and color balance to your Cavs concept, and I would try to differentiate the two by making the wordmark, numbers, and NOB on the road uniform white instead of yellow. I would also drop the yellow alternate, but that's more just my personal preference as opposed to anything regarding execution.

Love all of them so far. I think the Bucks would look boring all green, so I like the inclusion of the old orange or red even. Love Phoenix and Brooklyn. Cleveland is ok, but I miss the blue a little. The Houston jersey is simply perfect. Not a fan of the trail on the shorts though. Overall very well done. I will keep tabs on this thread.

Always love seeing your work, LO—it's always well-executed even when your designs are a little too far out there for my liking. :P

The Suns concept is great—I wouldn't change a thing there, honestly. It's about perfect. Well done.

The Wizards concept is really well-executed. I prefer them in red, white, and blue but if it's anything else, this is a good look.

I'm actually a really big fan of that Nets concept. It's out there and I'm not sure what I'd think of it in real life but I love that idea. Props for putting the front number on the "other" side too.

Really like the Cavaliers set. Wouldn't mind seeing a side panel incorporated into the shorts somehow (hell, maybe just a thin stripe down the side in the style of the trim) but it's good stuff.

I'm not really feeling the Bucks if for no other reason than its similarities to the Phoenix concept. I like the Suns one better and agree with some other posters in thinking that a straight side panel would probably be your best option with this one.

The Rockets one definitely falls into the category of "maybe a little too much for me but still really cool." I like the idea, it's well-executed.

Good stuff, man.

6fQjS3M.png

Good work so far.

Phoenix: the first time I saw this I wasn't a huge fan, but it's starting to grow on me. I'm seeing the sun ray and Southwestern influence there.

Washington: I had a similar idea for the Wizards so obviously I love the black and gold color scheme.

Brooklyn: Excellent idea and execution, but I'm just personally not a fan of that look for the Nets. It feels more like a one-off jersey to me.

Cleveland: This is nearly perfect. The yellow/gold should be darkened a little, but that's all.

Milwaukee: Solid concept, green and orange would certainly be unique in the NBA. And everyone loves the rainbows. I'd make the numbers/letters white on the alternate though.

Houston: One of the few "retro" Rockets concept that I've liked. It's a good mix of new and old. Love the number font.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I got right away that they were supposed to be antlers, so great work on that.

Would love to see this with lime green instead of blaze orange, but it's your series.

I really like the Milwaukee update. I also got that you added antlers under the arm hole.

The side paneling looks good. You will probably get comments about how you shouldn't use orange, so let me say that I really like the orange, especially on the dark green uni.

award%20sig.png

Archived