All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. This has got to be like May/Taylor's original plan for BoRhap. Freddie/the AAF dies half-way through and the rest of us have to deal with it until the credits roll.
  3. My stance, as I've said a thousand times, is that there shouldn't be a relocated Houston Oilers team to have this conversation about in the first place. Relocations blow, and the Oilers' was a particularly disgraceful one.
  4. I'm struggling to understand why you'd have the same stripe pattern on the Jersey and pants, then ruin it by mismatching the sizes. Would prefer some consistency to balance the look.
  5. Sorry, missed a chance to put a cap on this tangent. I'm afraid your summary is not quote factually accurate. It wasn't about coming up with a "viable" plan. All St. Louis had to do was live up to the terms of the contract they negotiated and signed. Which they absolutely failed to do, as determined by an independent arbiter. That freed up the Rams to move, despite Goodell's best efforts to advocate for St. Louis and force Kroenke to stay. As for the $300M, that's also not what happened. As part of working behind-the-scenes with St. Louis, the Commissioner told them that a certain amount of money was available to teams but only after going through a specified process including an affirmative vote of owners. The St. Louis side then decided that they themselves could side-step that process and commit the NFL to allocate those funds. Goodell told them privately it wasn't happening, but they put it in their public proposal, perhaps out of some ludicrous notion that they could shame the NFL into going along. The sense of entitlement in St. Louis was staggering, and that's why they lost the Rams. They didn't bother to meet their own obligations, and then expected everyone else to bend rules in their favor. Not even the personal intervention of the Commissioner on their behalf could overcome that arrogance. I really hope that your MLS group realizes, unlike the NFL group before them, that MLS may want to be in St. Louis but doesn't need to be in St. Louis and they certainly aren't going to bend any rules for them.
  6. They should go 3 weeks for camp unless they're doing 2 weeks at home base before games. I think AAF showed that a month of prep together was really helpful in closing the gap between learning new offenses and new defenses. Is XFL going to limit blitzers as well?
  7. Oregon State Unveils New Football Uniforms April 20, 2019 - 20:05 PM The Oregon State football program unveiled brand new football uniforms ahead of its annual Spring Game on Saturday afternoon. The Beavers held a special event at Reser Stadium for season-ticket holders, which marked the first time anyone outside of the […] Read More...
  8. Ok, question for you all. The league is dead, it's filed for bankruptcy, and the dirty laundry is out. So I wanna ask the community. Is there a point in keeping this thread alive? I ask because we're in the midst of the NHL and NBA playoffs, the MLB season is underway, and there's another thread dedicated to another spring league that hasn't sunk yet. So seeing a thread dedicated to a league that's dead constantly pop up near the top of the page is questionable. Would it be ok to lock this thing and re-open it if something of significance is revealed? Or potentially re-open it and merge it with the XFL thread should the XFL die off? Sort of a Spring Football Graveyard? I don't like killing discussions prematurely but at the same time, as I said, it's a bit ridiculous to see a thread about a dead league bumping down Big Four playoff threads
  9. Today
  10. Pretty sure he worked on the Hillary campaign. He was built to question authority like chopsticks are built to eat ice cream. They were the authority!
  11. Yea there would be goals on both ends of the court. 2v2 could work.
  12. Well done! Progress is very good on this project. Nicely executed and fits in with their identity.
  13. That’s fair, but we also live in a world with the Utah Jazz, Los Angeles Lakers, and Indianapolis Colts. I think if these examples have worked out due to longevity than hypothetically the Tennessee Oilers would be fine given a long enough passage of time. For me it’s a matter of just preferring the Oilers to the Titans as far as brand goes. The Titans’ identity was never that strong in my opinion, and it lost a lot of lustre once its turn of the millennium stylings grew dated. The recent redo could have refreshed the Titans’ brand but it only made it worse. Saved only by the Bucs’ clownsuits when it comes to “worse in the league” standings. While people do tend to overrate the Oiler’s brand, I think it’s far stronger than anything the Titans have trotted out in years. And its main drawback- its overall simplicity- is excusable given their “charter AFL member” status. I get that at the time the two “Tennessee Oilers” seasons weren’t the most popular but I think going back to it could be done. Especially if the Titans brand continues to be plagued by underwhelming football. Thing is though? If the discussion isn’t “maybe the Titans could be the Oilers again/wear Oilers throwbacks” it’s “the Texans should be the Oilers!” The entire thing is rooted in people looking to embrace the past. If not in Tennessee then people in Houston who can’t accept that the NFL team that plays there now never was the Oilers and never will be the Oilers. In so far as Jay-Z goes? I think part of the problem of modern sports design is an inability to go "that old look was pretty good, maybe we ought to bring it back?" The need to fiddle can result in cleaning up a great old look, but it can also stop teams from doing the obvious and just reverting back to a superior design. I mean I have no nostalgic connection to the Oilers. They've been the Titans for most of my time as a football fan. I just think the Oilers brand is better than anything the Titans have rolled out. I'm not looking to obsess over the past, I just think the Oilers have a better look. I don't think it's fair to write that off as failing to embrace the present. This is a good point, however, and it’s one I’ve used to defend the Raptors against suggestions that they should be the Huskies.
  14. Seattle’s pink is temporary. Miami has a chance to make it a permanent part of the league.
  15. I’ll echo the sentiments about the ears. My very first reaction was that the logo struck me as a cub because of the size of the ears. I think I’d make them a touch smaller and move them higher on the head. The head could be a bit wider too. I think that and the size/placement of the ears are what make me see a cub, not an adult bear.
  16. I didn’t say these weren’t good, I was referring to @alexandre comment they don’t look football enough, and gave @Punchy_Gungus some constructive criticism to make them more football if he wanted to
  17. The WWE did get a billion in their latest TV deals with Fox and USA Network despite a rapid decline in ratings and attendance.
  18. Tom Andrich, an Oregon State alum, was the designer in charge of this new set. So I really don’t think your theory has any legs to it in this instance.
  19. In that case? takes up drinking again Babcock’s always known what it takes to get the most of out of his lines. If Toronto loses this series it won’t be because of coaching. My big concern is that the Bruins just know how to beat the Leafs. The Leafs have shown remarkable improvement over last year, answering every bad game with a strong showing. Compared to last year where they let the Bruins pants them two games in a row before they decided to start playing like a playoff team. So I’m certainly happy to see this Leafs come out and play Boston like they know they can beat them, but I’m too gunshy about this Bruins team. They always seem to know how to upend the Leafs that makes me perpetually nervous facing them. It’s been garbage, agreed. I guess my main thing is that it’s even-handed garbage. I suppose that’s the best way to have bad officiating? Me too to be honest. If that had gone against Toronto I don’t know if I could argue against it. Just like I can’t argue against it going for Toronto. It was a very borderline case that was honestly a 50/50 tossup. I’ll take the fact that the coin landed in the Leafs’ favour this time, but it was a really up in the air decision.
  1. Load more activity

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?