Orioles Grey Cap from mid-90's

charliec107

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems like the Royals rolled out a gray cap around the same time.  Anyone remember or did I dream this up?

royalsgraycap0sl.jpg

I'm not sure if the Royals did, but I know the Pirates used a grey cap for a little while during this time.

piratesgraycap23rz.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

It seems like the Royals rolled out a gray cap around the same time.  Anyone remember or did I dream this up?

royalsgraycap0sl.jpg

I'm not sure if the Royals did, but I know the Pirates used a grey cap for a little while during this time.

piratesgraycap23rz.jpg

Why on earth would teams feel the need to have a grey cap?? They look atrocious!!

The Royals grey cap actually looked nice I thoought, better then the Mets white hat which had the unfortunate side effect of John Olerud with a white helmet

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Royals grey cap actually looked nice I thoought, better then the Mets white hat which had the unfortunate side effect of John Olerud with a white helmet

05dm.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

The Pirates actually had 2 gray caps.

One with a black P and a little known cap that came out the year before with a yellow P.

I don't think I've ever seen (or heard of) a gray Pirates cap with a yellow P. Photos anyone?

Here are a few more oddities that I posted a while back:

07io.jpg

10ec2.jpg

that pirate cap with the gold p never made it to a game. it was presented as part of the new road unis in 1997, but from a distance, the p wouldn't be clearly seen, so the buccos reversed the gold p with black outline to a black p with a gold outline. wore it for all road games in 97, most road games in 98, several road games in 99 and was gone by 2000.

tb

The Pirates actually had 2 gray caps.

One with a black P and a little known cap that came out the year before with a yellow P.

I don't think I've ever seen (or heard of) a gray Pirates cap with a yellow P. Photos anyone?

Here are a few more oddities that I posted a while back:

07io.jpg

10ec2.jpg

What is that Dodgers cap? Is that a B.P.?

I've never seen that hat before.

05dm.jpg

Put that with the traditional blue cap and that is the perfect Mets home uniform.

The Dodgers' one was indeed a B.P. cap. The only alt. cap they wore was the blue one with the silver visor and the silver LA logo outlined in blue and white. Who decided the Dodgers' needed an alternate uniform is beyond me.

As for the rest of 'em, the Reds' pinstriped white cap wasn't terrible; the white and gray caps might have been palatable if they were solid white and gray (I have an all-white cap and it looks sharp). The problem was the colored bills--since they were the only dark things on the uniforms, they threy the whole look off. Had the hats been all-white (whith a white uniform) or all-gray (with a gray uniform), they might've been able to pull them off.

Archived