Orioles Grey Cap from mid-90's

charliec107

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When Showalter was Yankees manager the manager and coaches wore a white hat with blue bill and blue NY during spring training. Looked really sharp.

I remember that cap. I had it and I wore it every day for like 10 months in college when I was growing my hair out and I didn't want to deal with fixing it or anything.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Red Sox wore these in 1997...

h0348.gif

Can't find any pics of them in game action.

I thought they wore hats with a red crown and blue brim, not white/blue. And seeing that the Red Sox try to add more red to their uniforms by the day, it's interesting to see that they haven't brought back that hat.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Red Sox wore these in 1997...

h0348.gif

Can't find any pics of them in game action.

I thought they wore hats with a red crown and blue brim, not white/blue. And seeing that the Red Sox try to add more red to their uniforms by the day, it's interesting to see that they haven't brought back that hat.

You're right, they did wear the blue bill/red crown hats in 1997 as well. That hat, along with the white hat, were introduced at the same time.

DZ6Z5928.gif

As far as utilizing the red crown/blue billed hats in order to incorporate the "redness" the Sox management has been pushing since 2003, I agree...I'm surprised they didn't look to these bad boys.

The moral of this story? To each, his own. I thought they looked great, especially on the Royals, and I was hoping the Red Sox would try a gray one for the road. Lighter toned caps have a long, long history in baseball and they look pretty good.

Also, every time Nike comes out with another masterpiece of self promotion instead of a team uniform it makes the 90's look just that must better

A long time ago I had a Cubs cap like this - of course blue instead of red pinstripes/bill. I can't recall if it was ever on the field (as opposed to just being a fashion hat), but then again, I was pretty young so I have no idea. Just seeing this pic reminded me. The cap was a Starter back when Starter was cool.

Never on the field -- at least recently.

The Cubs have worn their current blue cap since 1958. The road cap with the red bill was added in 1994, I believe.

(There is a 1907-1910 throwback gray cap with navy logo/pinstripes, but that didn't sound like what you were talking about.)

pMLB2-1726243reg.jpg

(And I liked the Reds' pinstripes and the various teams' white and gray caps.)

purple cap, teal brim

That cap did not exist.

If you are referring to that old picture of Omar Daal pitching, that is just a pic with poor color representation.

They only had one road hat that year, the A on a black hat with teal brim.

All the other hats (all purple, white / purple brim, teal / purple brim) were worn at home.

purple cap, teal brim

That cap did not exist.

If you are referring to that old picture of Omar Daal pitching, that is just a pic with poor color representation.

They only had one road hat that year, the A on a black hat with teal brim.

All the other hats (all purple, white / purple brim, teal / purple brim) were worn at home.

You're wrong, it did exist, I confirmed it on a Dbacks message board. Multiple users say it was only used for inaugaral spring training.

Besides no matter how bad a photo is black will never look like bright purple. The other way around maybe but not that way.

Plus if the photo is so far off color-wise how come it only affected the hat.

You're right, they did wear the blue bill/red crown hats in 1997

526159699gm.jpg

they use to where those back in the day to, only they had a navy "B"

CYastrzemski.jpg

40-1978a.jpg

phf-aaek031.jpg

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

the tigers wore these atrocities on the road in 94 - 97:

Cards%5CBigCardsX%5C017728.jpg

Let me just say I think the Tigers made a HUGE mistake getting rid of that cap...and the Tiger in the D alternate jersey, as well...

Actually, I liked the road hat the Tigers wore for a short time (literally a month or so to start te '94 season). It was the same orange visor and button with navy crown as that one, it just had an orange old english "D" instead of the tiger "D" graphic. For it's time, I thought it was a really classy update. (and yes, I did like the racing stripes on those, for their time)

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Archived