Wizards backtrack with jersey change

NDwas

The Washington Wizards began this season with a very neat (yet small) name format on the back of their jerseys.

Examples:

fullj.getty-76075281ms004_washington_wi.jpg

fullj.getty-76075563nd018_nugs_wiz.jpg

But, as of November 17, they decided to make things easier for the casual viewer (without binoculars) and go a bit more traditional.

Examples:

fa2711bb65963fbc8a3a7f47638505b4-getty-76075323ks024_wzrds_bobct.jpg

fullj.getty-76075166nd008_blazers_wiz.jpg

I personally think the new road jerseys look like crap. Discuss.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

ok that's weird. I heard that they were adding the outlines back when preseason is over but I didn't know they were switching the fonts... to a font twice as big. It doesn't look terrible but it would look way better with the font used in preseason with an outline.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The outline isn't necessary, IMO. I would've just kept the font as is and made it only blue on the home jersey and white on the road. Would've looked fine, I think.

But I think jersey design is the least of the Wiz's problems now that Agent Zero is done until February-March.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

The plain gold was hard to see without any good/reflective lighting. The away jerseys look much worse now, though, with a bigger font, bolder outline, and names that stretch all the way across the back. Lame, and a downgrade. Who cares if you can read the names without binoculars? That's what those giant numbers are for. (Plus you can tell the players apart anyway when you watch the game.)

I agree. It's hard to see a dark on dark color, but now we've got a white on dark on dark, which doesn't look too good. I'm a firm believer that the name should either be white or team color, but not both.

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

They should've kept them like last years (in terms of name plate). The letters should be white and they should have a gold outline and maybe another black outline.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I'm probably the only one that thinks that the change to gold was a noticeable downgrade. I really liked the darker and more orange looking bronze color over the more yellow gold color.

I'm on the fence about it. Here's a comparison, showing the differences in the textile/fabric colors:

WashingtonWizardsBronze_TEX.jpgWashingtonWizardsGold_TEX.jpg

Archived