New gamecocks helmet

pagan696

i hear the South Carolina Gamecocks will change their helmets this football season back to black with a "new look" logo.  images are floating, and i'll try to track one down.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

They also got new jerseys this year. They looked the exact same as before, just with Southern Cal-style stripes (white on the red jerseys, red on the whites) on the shoulder. I never said anything before because it was such a small change.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I don't remember black.. i remember maroon, not black... and the logo was within a white circle.

I hope whaterver they do is good, because they will be replaceing one hell of a great looking helmet

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

white to black. past helmets were crimson red (not black like i thought). not positive on the logo, just something i heard. next time, i'll wait a little before jumping the gun.

current

CLG0001-621.jpg

past

jlrac.jpg</font>

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

Well looking at all the resources I guess I'm wrong but I could have sworn they had black helmets one year.

I remember watching a South Carolina game they had a first year QB that look like a guy from the TV show The Mullets had his hair all down his back. Tanneyhill was his name I think.  Could have sworn he had a a black helmet on his head.

The predominately maroon uniforms from the late 80's were their best ones in my opinion.  I'm sorry to see them jumping on the black bandwagon.  At least it's a preexisting color rather than one being added for the sake of fashion.

Well looking at all the resources I guess I'm wrong but I could have sworn they had black helmets one year.

i thought that also, but can't find any proof.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

I don't care much whether the new helmet is garnet or black, as long as it's different. I wouldn't mind a logo change either (use the Claw, Lou! Use the Claw!) I don't like the gamecock-in-block-C logo very much.

A rough chronology: The Gamecocks wore white helmets (which were pretty cool, for white helmets) in the 70s, garnet helmets from the 80s to the mid-90s, and white helmets since Holtz arrived. A couple of times in the early 70s, seniors wore black helmets on senior day. The home jerseys have gone from red to black and back to red. The black "GAMECOCKS" jerseys from the Todd Ellis era were quite popular.

Best,

e_m

(who remembers what a big deal it was when Dietzel came to town)

Now i know they wore black helmets for a bit. They made a big deal out of switching to white when Holtz came in and although i cannot find the proff right now, i remember Tannyhill wearing that sweet mullet with it as well.

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

In my lifetime i do not ever remember seeing the Cocks in black... I think you guys may have thought the dark maroon was black, or, i don't know.. but i don't remember a black helmet, and i havn't seen any evidence they ever wore black helmets...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• 3 months later...

I've followed SC since my 11th grade year,the year Steve Tanneyhill was named starter and they won their last 5 games in a row after they walked out on their coach.Never once do I remember black helmets,only GARNETT(not red) helmets

with black jerseys and then with garnett jerseys when Brad Scott took over as coach in 1994.That was also the year he made Tanneyhill cut his hair.Tanneyhill

was my idol in high school because I was a long-haired QB who wore #18 and kinda did his own thing....which is probably why I carried the clipboard my Sr year.BOY have I grown up since then!!Anyway,no they never had black helmets at any part of the late 80's or early 90's.Oh...and just for the record,Tanneyhill's hair was'nt a true mullet.His hair was long all over,not just the back :)

98Falcons.png

Archived