New Tampa Bay Lightning Idea

pflava

I realize one of these pops up every few days, but let's face it - the Lightning are in desperate need of a new look. Since this seems to be a difficult team to do a concept for, I decided to keep it very simple and just use the single bolt as the crest logo. I kept the blue and black, but went with the lighter blue. Oh, and forgive my non-vectorness, as this was obviously done in Paint.....

TB.gif

Yeah, I thought about the superhero thing. Unfortunately, I just couldn't think of anything better to represent a team called the Lightning. I went with the simple bolt (in spite of the superhero effect), because their current logo is too cluttered, and because I don't like any attempts at variations on TB forming lightning bolts.

Oh, and just for comparison's sake, here they are in a darker blue...

TBdarkerblue.gif

love the logos, not feeling the jerseys

Just the opposite with me, I'm loving the jerseys but the logo does not appeal to me. I like the darker jerseys better. The bright blue could be made into a 3rd/Alt. Jersey. Good work though - I like your concept. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

It would look better if the bolt had another zig in it (or is that a zag?)

As it is, it looks like the bolt is an "S"...

Otherwise it's an improvement...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Damn, you're right, it did look like an S. I added the extra zig in the bolt logo, and threw in a set of black jerseys (because I'm sure they would anyway). I am usually not a fan of black and blue together, but it works for this team. And I know the jersey template is a little out there, but I think it should be for a team called the Lightning. Anyway, here are the improvements. I like it much better now...

lightning.gif

I actually think the extra bend in the lightning bolt takes away from the logo. Try the first logo again but instead of having it come to a point on both ends, increase the width of the top half as it you get towards the top and flatten the top instead of a point.

BOLT.jpg

I like these last uni concepts. Great job!!! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived