Pistons vs. Lakers NBA Finals - GET HYPED!

Starchild

What a Game 6. A horrible first half of offensive basketball, and then what a comeback by the Pistons. Deserving eastern conference champs if I've ever seen one.

Can't wait to see Big Ben and Shaq Daddy duke it out. Old school brawn battle coming up... I'm hyped big time.

And is it just me, or is seeing the look on Reggie Miller's face after a season ending loss just priceless? :D

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

But come on... we all know that the West Final is the REAL NBA final. I'm finding it boring cause the Lakers haven't even broke a sweat winning the title compared of the 3-peats. We all know that it'll be a sweep. You can't score less than 70 points and win against ANY top West team.

Baseball is boring in the regular season, but I gotta be honest, the MLB playoffs are special. The history, the hype, the curses, the tension... every single game... every single inning... every single pitch counts. THAT's exciting.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

baseball is incredibly boring. You can't fault a sport for not having the history of baseball -- but watching this dream team that is the Lakers brings back memories of the Lakers of the 80's. And seeing the Pistons in the Finals reminds back to the days of The Bad Boy Pistons that changed how the game is played. The Eastern Conference (the top 3 teams, anyway), are beginning to catch up with the West. The Pistons CAN beat the Lakers -- they match up with the Lakers nicely. Ben Wallace and Shaq, Rip and Kobe should be good, Chauncey and Payton/Fisher, and Rasheed is as good as, if not better than Malone.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think that no one is hyped about the Finals (outside LA and Detroit) because its the :cursing: Lakers. I sware, on our two sports stations in the Bay Area its the Lakers that are first and forever. They're getting more hype about their playoff run (this began back halfway through their Conference Semis) than the Sharks did in their playoffs. Granted its hockey vs. basketball but COME ON!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I think the main reason why the MLB playoffs are better than the NBA playoffs is because the underdog in the NBA never has a chance in Hell and has never won. Whereas in the MLB, the Yankees seem to have been choking the last few years giving the outsiders a shot.

Now the NHL is clearly superior to all anyways.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Yes -- but not having the under dogs win can also be a good thing. Hockey to the point now where you don't always get the best matchups or the most intriguing matchups in the Conference or Stanley Cup Finals. I like going into the playoffs knowing that I'm gonna see the two best teams in the West (Lakers/T-Pups), and the two best teams in the East (Pacers/Pistons). That is intriguing to me. Yes, underdogs winning is always good (ie. anyone over Yankees), but I get more satisfaction out of seeing the best team win -- that's how it's supposed to be. Not the best team over the stretch of a few games which it seems to be in most other sports. Basketball is the most consistent with crowning the best team the winner.

Also -- Baseball doesn't have the sort of bad blood between teams that can develop between opposite conferenced teams. You don't get the intriguing matchups like you have the possibility of getting in basketball because the teams never play and never can develop any sort of bad blood. The closest we've seen of late in the World Series was Yankees/Mets and that was an awful, awful series. Clemens/Piazza rivalry and all.

IUe6Hvh.png

Pistons in 6 or 7. That is all.

i agree completely!

and yes, i am hyped about this series. as a fan of sports history, i love having the lakers and pistons duke it out again. it's the same as the late 80s and early 90s, the, um, offensive lakers against the defensive minded pistons. unfortunately, my household is divided in this series. my wife is a huge lakers fan from back in the day, therefore so is my daughter. i am a died in the wool detroit sports fan, and i'll be damned if my son isn't gonna be one too. it's gonna be fun!

As, a Boston sports fan, I am totally hyped about this series. It's like the 80's all over again (except the Celts suck).

Mark my words, the Pistons take this in 6. The Lakers have not seen a defense this tough since they began their championship run. Hell, I don't think the NBA has seen a defense this good in the past 10 years. Not the way their playing right now.

I hate basketball, but what the hell. Pistons take a dramtic one in game 7 to win it all.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Mark my words, the Pistons take this in 6. The Lakers have not seen a defense this tough since they began their championship run. Hell, I don't think the NBA has seen a defense this good in the past 10 years. Not the way their playing right now.

Yeah but then they've gotta go down the other end and score enough points themselves.

Well, the thing with the basketball playoffs and the hockey playoffs is, they only appeal to two groups: 1)Whenever a city's team is playing and 2)Hardcore fans. THe baseball and football playoffs are short enough that they appeal to casual fans and even non fans around the country. That's one reason, I think, why hockey's never quite taken off in the States: Too many playoff games before the big series at the end. Hardcore fans appreciate it, but regular sports people find the games aren't nearly as exciting.

That's why I really just kinda pay a bit of attention to the NBA playoffs. It takes too freaking long for me to pay attention.

Mark my words, the Pistons take this in 6.  The Lakers have not seen a defense this tough since they began their championship run.  Hell, I don't think the NBA has seen a defense this good in the past 10 years.  Not the way their playing right now.

Yeah but then they've gotta go down the other end and score enough points themselves.

Well they did enough of it against an Indiana team with excellent defense. The Lakers aren't nearly the defensive team that Indiana was.

Look for Darko to be the MVP of the series......no, I'm kidding. It's going to be Chauncey Billups.

Wow!

I can't believe how many are picking the Pistons. I am biased, but I firmly believe the T-Wolves and Spurs are the 2nd and 3rd best teams and the Lakers beat them both handily.

I think the Lakers win in 5 or 6 and the only reason they won't sweep is because their conentration will lapse for at least one game.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

All of you comments don't surprise me since the majority of you prefer the sport of hockey over basketball. :wacko:

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived