All-exclusive cap discussion thread

johnnysama

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 Buccaneers hats (All old school orange minus a Superbowl hat). I own about 10 different old school (mid-90's) Zephyr college hats as well as many Starter hats. I can post some pics if anyone wants me to.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

Being a proponent of the Seattle Mariners: Back to the Future movement, I got rid of my New Era 59Fifty low crown Mariners cap last week and the Mariners are now above .500! Coincidence? No way!

Just wait for the mid to late season collapse.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

54KBYha.jpg

pMLB2-15002347dt.jpg

nDlcuW5.png

FLMiuDJ.png

Those are just the authentic fitteds I have. i'm debating whether or not to get more as I really dislike how I have to basically grow my hair for them to fit my head.

I have various snapbacks, which I use as workarounds for when I have a shaved head and cannot wear fitteds. I wouldn't necessarily count them in this post because I'm lazy..... but I do enjoy the hell out of my N.W.A. Raiders snapback and Charlotte Hornets snapback.

bSLCtu2.png

I may never go back to New Era again. I'm sick and tired of having to move earth and sky just to form each hat to my head. They're always too tight or too loose. Now, Ebbets Field Flannels is a different story. I finally buy my first cap from them and...............(wait for it)..................

IT ACTUALLY FITS TRUE TO SIZE!!!!! Stunner! American made of course.

Here's most of my caps/hats that are at least somewhat sports related: 80-90% from thrift stores.

top of photo mostly local - Thunderwolves, Border Cats, Whiskey Jacks.

middle of photo: mostly team canada/ hockey night in canada.

Ones harder to make out in photo

white touque with stripe is Rockford Icehogs.

black 'Champions' one is 2009 Calder Cup Champions Hershey Bears, directly above that is Kenora Thistles 1907 Stanley Cup.

brown top right corner is 2009 2010 Cavendish University Cup (Canadian University hockey championship).

towards left top corner Border Cats 2005 Championship.

capsamphats_zpsa1b958f8.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

n76pdPg.jpg?1

Thats my phillies cap collection, latest addition is the red with blue bill hat, got it for only 10 bucks and I love how 47 brand hats fit the most, plus 100% cotton is the most confortable imo. Also I prefer adjustable hats usually, plus 5950 hats look too big/high crown on my head.

Here's most of my caps/hats that are at least somewhat sports related: 80-90% from thrift stores.

top of photo mostly local - Thunderwolves, Border Cats, Whiskey Jacks.

middle of photo: mostly team canada/ hockey night in canada.

Ones harder to make out in photo

white touque with stripe is Rockford Icehogs.

black 'Champions' one is 2009 Calder Cup Champions Hershey Bears, directly above that is Kenora Thistles 1907 Stanley Cup.

brown top right corner is 2009 2010 Cavendish University Cup (Canadian University hockey championship).

towards left top corner Border Cats 2005 Championship.

capsamphats_zpsa1b958f8.jpg

What are the "R" caps on the right side of the pic? Love the font and colors.

Y15bzSX.jpg

21 going strong. All authentics, aside from my old maroon Phillies hat. Those old Expos, Phillies, and Colt .45s hats are from Mickey's Place which is just such a great place to find old hats.

Still in search of an old Reds hat (Or at least any without the black drop shadow), a new Oakland road hat, and a "Taco Bell" Padres hat.

*Speaking of, are the Padres doing a 70s/80s throwback this year? If so, they'll probably have those hats for sale soon, yes?

The crown jewel of my cap collection, a complete set of all the on field styles worn by the (Devil) Ray franchise. Took some $ to put this together but even more time and effort is sunk into it as a bunch of these caps were only available game used/issued or from the Rays' garage sale type events.

c54e5531d50d7602b2a5761bc9db29c2_zps1fab

And while I was taking pictures, I also like these three that were never seen during a game.

c703e66005c4f546c6d4f50419ca89d9_zps4480

Archived