infrared41's Best and Worst of the Week - NFL Week 9

infrared41

This season hasn't exactly been the best in uniform match ups and week 9 may have been the...ahem...weakest week yet. Of the six teams who had byes last week, four of them are best list regulars. Suffice it to say, the pickings were pretty slim this week but there were still a couple really good looking games. Put 45 seconds on the clock and let's play our game.

Best:

1. Washington at Minnesota: Used to be that Minnesota was a weekly contender for the top spot on the worst list. Thanks to their recent upgrade, the Vikings have spent plenty of time on the best list this season and this week, they take the top spot for the second time. Washington has a great road look and it really works when paired with the Vikings. The colors really popped in this game.

635505429623868049-Vikes16.jpg

2. Colts at Giants: A lot of blue in this one, but it's also a match up of two of the very best looks in the NFL. Put the Giants in their road uniforms and the Colts in their homes, and this one is a contender for the top spot.

05colts03md.jpg

3. Ravens at Steelers: When the Ravens stick to the basics and leave those awful black pants out of the equation, they have a really solid look. But I gotta be honest, while I like the Ravens look well enough, most weeks this game never makes the best list. The Steelers are the Steelers, a block number font away from top 5 status.

4583044021.jpg

4. Eagles at Texans: The Texans red jersey isn't awful, but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as their primary jersey. This could have been a really good looking game. Instead, it's a game that took advantage of a...ahem...weak week. The Eagles really should stick with all white as their primary road look.

110214-sproles-texans-600.jpg

We weren't subjected to any truly awful games this week so no worst list.

And that's it, folks. Tune in next week for another infuriating/exciting edition.

BB52Big.jpg

IMO, flip-flop Minnesota vs Washington and New York vs. Indianapolis and the list is perfect.

Yeah, I really went back and forth on that one. In the end, I just preferred how the colors matched up with Washington and Minnesota.

BB52Big.jpg

No worst? Come on, where's the fun in that?

tempAP907126484573--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.j

Not as bad as some weeks, sure, but pretty far down the list IMO.

Honestly, outside the ridiculous helmet, I think that Jags look is pretty good. The helmet is more than enough to keep them off the best list, but as long as they're sticking with the white pants, I like the rest of the uniform too much to put the Jags on the worst list. Fix that helmet and I think it's a really solid "modern" look.

BB52Big.jpg

1. I really like the Texans red jersey - in fact, I think it should be their primary. The navy helmet, red shirt, white pants look works so well. There's nothing wrong with their navy jersey, but I'm kind of navy'd out and think the red looks great. That game might have been my #1 in an admittedly weak week.

2. Minor nitpick here - if you're picking "best" in a weak where you concede that there's not much to choose from, you should pick a "worst", even if it's the same story on the other end. While I don't agree with you on the Jaguars uniform sans helmet, it doesn't matter - the helmet is just that bad that unless they're playing the New York Yankees, their game has to be considered for worst. Add to it the Bengals horrible numbers, white panels, and stupid B logo and I think that one is clear cut. The stupid JAGS patch alone ruins the jersey before any of the other silly effects even get evaluated. Just my opinion though.

3. I never really saw the Giants white pants until this week. I don't know if it's because I'm so used to the gray (and it took me a loooooooooong time to get used to the gray) but I don't like them. I don't like the use of gray as a stripe color (though I get why it's there) and I just think that with the helmet being blue and gray (yes, I consider the mask to be an integral part of the helmet's design), the pants would balance everything out better if they were gray.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Honestly, outside the ridiculous helmet, I think that Jags look is pretty good. The helmet is more than enough to keep them off the best list, but as long as they're sticking with the white pants, I like the rest of the uniform too much to put the Jags on the worst list. Fix that helmet and I think it's a really solid "modern" look.

This is how I feel as well. If the Jags just picked one color for the helmet (black or gold), I would really like their uniforms.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Honestly thought the Jets/Chiefs would be up there.

Put the Jets in all white and that game is probably #1.

Defiantly one of the uglier matchups possible in today's NFL.

Screw the critics! We're wearing what we want! The hell with anyone who doesn't like it.

BB52Big.jpg

I really like the teal numbers of the Jaguars white jerseys and I like the teal-black-gold outlining scheme. Somehow it makes the gold show up more. They were really shining in the sun last Sunday.

Those sleeves are begging for a logo, though. What's the point of a colored sleeve if it's not going to house a number or a logo? Also I don't like the treatment on the pants. What is that, shapes of color? It's look equally dumb on Tampaa. It is possible to have modern stripes on a set of football pants.

The helmet is still the dumbest. I bet Jaguars players sigh heavily every time they have to put it on.

PvO6ZWJ.png

My idea to "fix" the current Jaguars' nightmare? (And by "fix" I mean take it from bottom 3 to somewhere in the neighborhood of 20.)

One, obviously, change the worst helmet in the NFL. I'm one of the minority here that thought the new logo was an upgrade. Just put it on a glossy black or teal-flaked black helmet and its good. (Gold doesn't work for me because there isn't enough gold on the rest of the uniform IMO.)

Two, change the numbers on the teal jersey to white and make that jersey the primary. Black helmet/ teal jersey/ white pants needs to be the go-to combination.

Three, either burn the black pants or get some socks that contrast with them. I agree with McCarthy that the stripes/blocks/whatevers on the pants are stupid, but on this particular uniform, that's the least of the crimes.

This is how I feel as well. If the Jags just picked one color for the helmet (black or gold), I would really like their uniforms.

if the helmet looked like the player on the far right (which i think is what they were going for , with a perfect fade at that angle, i would probably love this helmet and set even more

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived