Twins Uniform Update for 2015

OnWis97

Blue wordmark: yecch. (I like that wordmark in red, but not in blue. Oh, and the throwback script is still just awful.)Loss of pinstripes: yawn.Addition of gold: meh.Overall: bleh.

Spot on.

Actually, scratch that. They were the only team in the majors with a script that contrasted in color to the pinstripes. Now, they're just stale and boring. Fits Minnesota, I guess.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good: Love the ditching if the pinstripes. It's true they won two championships in them, but I just never liked them for the twins, as a fan. I do like the switch to a blue word mark. There is at least a sense of unity with the color now. Now they just need to take the piping off the blue jerseys and put it around the collar to match and they will have a near matching set.

The Bad: it's not egregious, but I don't think it's gonna go over well. It should be much more like the wild's wheat color as someone pointed out earlier. The area is really down on this team and ownership, so adding a regal color like gold is just kind of out of nowhere after 4 awful seasons.

Except the wordmark is red on the sleeve patch.

Regarding the throwback...I like how it looks. I really do. But I am getting more and more upset that it ever existed; as it seems the throwback pinstripes helped open the door to create a pinstripe-free home jersey to sell.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like them, but the script does indeed look muddy. I see both sides here, and think that it's fine, as long as the road does match.

I could have sworn I read that the road is not being touched...but maybe I just inferred it from the messages about the home uniform changing (messages that perhaps ignored the road uniform because the change will be much less significant?)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I like them, but the script does indeed look muddy. I see both sides here, and think that it's fine, as long as the road does match.

I could have sworn I read that the road is not being touched...but maybe I just inferred it from the messages about the home uniform changing (messages that perhaps ignored the road uniform because the change will be much less significant?)

If that's the case, then the Twins are gonna look awkward on the field.....

better look

10601_home_l_z.jpg

I kinda like them. I think pinstripes are pretty much over used in baseball these days. Cubs, Phillies, Yankees, I get it, but that's about all I need. Plus, the navy w/red stroke on the numbers and letters separates them a bit from all the other navy/red MLB teams out there.

The gold I could live without. As a shadow on the lettering its relatively harmless (although equally, a bit pointless), but its kinda noisy in the striping... sandwiching it between two darker colors makes it stand out too much. If you have to have it, I'd have gone with three stripes in this order; navy, red, gold, so the gold fell into the white like it does on the wordmark.

If that's the case, then the Twins are gonna look awkward on the field.....

You should see them try to pitch...

POTD (Shared)

I'm more jarred by the lack of a number on the front of a jersey. Can't tell if I appreciate the space given to the wordmark or if it feels too empty now. All together, the whole look -- pants, cap and all -- still seems to be lacking something.

EDIT: And also, why is the new gold-trimmed hat described as "an alternate to be worn with this uniform?" Why wouldn't they always wear it with that uniform? It makes no sense to have a hat that looks identical but for the gold trim. Just have two hats.

POTD (Shared)

My initial thoughts on the hat are that the trim makes the logo look too big. Like the fashion hats with oversized logos. And I 100% agree on disliking the lack of a front number.

Some probably will hate it, but I kinda dig the drop shadow on the back number.

Also, they forgot the infamous DQ alts on their uniform history. You can't erase them from history!

ALykGdZ.png

Also, the website says that the road gray and blue alt will remain unchanged.

Go Wild!

POTD (Shared)

My initial thoughts on the hat are that the trim makes it look too big. Like the fashion hats with oversized logos. And I 100% agree on disliking the lack of a front number.

Some probably will hate it, but I kinda dig the drop shadow on the back number.

Same. The top of the "C" is way to close to the cross bar on the "T". It looks like some of the poorly-rendered replica caps of the old days.

The gold outline will probably help a bit with the "hidden C" problem but overall I am kinda disappointed in how this looks.

POTD (Shared)

Also, the website says that the road gray and blue alt will remain unchanged.

Go Wild!

That part is really baffling. Are you really introducing a third color to your branding when it's only featured on one set? I just don't get it.

Also, as someone with probably way too many Twins hats, I don't find this one so different from the primary TC hat to justify buying a new one.

What next? The Vikings adding black on the road jersey but not the home jersey? The Wolves using green at home but not on the road?

The lack of cohesion this creates is a flipping mess.

On the road: No gold, ever.

At home: Gold on the jersey for about 2/3 of the games. (the rest being blue and throwback).Gold on the cap, but only for a portion of that 2/3.

Your move, Wild.

On the left it says I have no warning points...as this sinks in, I may say some things to earn some points.

POTD (Shared)

Everything is fine about this new uniform except for the collar. sleeve stripe, and pants tripe. If they are going to say gold is an accent, then it should be an accent. Instead for those design elements, gold has the same value as the blue and red. It's too much gold. If the stripes were just red and blue, then this new set might work for me.

Also, I have a pet peeve with nameplates and this set matches it. Either have the name on the back be one solid color or feature all the colors of the jersey number. The jersey number has three colors and the name only has two colors. It just feels incomplete to me.

Go A's!

It's funny that you guys mentioned that another Minnesota team got themselves some inconsistent uniforms. Lol, how did I not notice that?

I figured they would have to update the primary logo and the other uniforms too. But since they're not, the new uni is either a marketing test or a cheap cash grab. I think it's the latter.

Everything is fine about this new uniform except for the collar. sleeve stripe, and pants tripe. If they are going to say gold is an accent, then it should be an accent. Instead for those design elements, gold has the same value as the blue and red. It's too much gold. If the stripes were just red and blue, then this new set might work for me.

Also, I have a pet peeve with nameplates and this set matches it. Either have the name on the back be one solid color or feature all the colors of the jersey number. The jersey number has three colors and the name only has two colors. It just feels incomplete to me.

You're right, it does look off.

20141028_bjh_0911.jpg?w=700&h=&crop=1

ALykGdZ.png

Archived