KCCC 97.0 FM Daily News Update

MoJoTo

A public service of this forum offering a short recap of the thread activty for the day for those of you too busy to peruse the entire forum.

ITEM: EZ Street Hits Bumpy Road

Intrepid jersey designer EZ Street sent a chilling thread headline that immediately had the community worried sick. What can be more ominous than a topic title declaring...Bad News in Designer Land? Death of a respected member? Infringement lawsuit? Transferred to Wyoming? (And which also begs the question- If you win the Survivor Series, do you have to shout "I'm going to Designer Land", into the camera as you strut away from your PC?)

Well it turns out it was just a classic counting the chickens before they hatch thing and EZ-Streets great Tarantula jersey design won't be on display as he had hoped. Seems the minor league hockey team can't afford the make-over. Tough luck for EZ-Street, but the community came out in droves to console him, and knowing EZ, he'll bounce back bigger than ever. Too bad he had already paid for a web site, hired a staff of six, and signed a 5 year lease on the old Enron headquarters. Bad news in Designer Land indeed, EZ Street.

An interesting sidebar in that same thread is the twist that paynomind and Mockba put on the proceedings when they got into a spirited "sublimation" round table. Mockba seemed to throw down the gaunlet when he post replied with the classic "DUH". Can you call anybody stupid in a more refreshing and passive agressive manner? I think not. An even more interesting twist came about when SyPhi asked to be included in payno and mockster's sublimation twosome with the flirtatious ....I'm guessing I'm not the only one wondering what sublimating, etc is....

Indeed Syphi, indeed. You are not the only one.

As we went to press, Fusebazell seemed to freeze time in the thread with an ominus response......Then how do you know so much?...... along with two strategically placed emoticons that just taunted for a response. I'm imagining that every one of Fusebazell's 1491 posts have been that succinct and just as penetrating.

We'll bring you that response and more as the situation develops.

In other news......

The Request forum was slower than usual, however there seems to be a larger than usual number of assorted teachers, students and coaches requesting complete indentity packages for their downtrodden public institutions. None of them can afford a package, everybody here knows it but the community never fails to let them know that intrinsic value of their designs. Surely it will be a better day when public schools can afford $3 billion complexes and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy a jet. Thanks to everybody that helps them out.

ITEM: Cee No Evil, Speak No Evil, Get Your Vectors

One thread that was getting absolutely no run in the Request Forum was posted by Aric Cee. Seems he's doing the old vectorize-me-shuffle, looking for some NBA stuff. Not one reply yet and we can only surmise why that might be. We here at KCCC 97.0 FM actually have the items he needs. However, we're still under the assumption that Aric Cee issued when he threatened to .....shut you up for good.... a day or so ago. So maybe we'll pass on getting those to ol' Aric just right now. Hopefully, somebody can help him out.

One can just imagine how long Syphi stared at the "BEGGARS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS" he had typed and was ready to post in response to Aric before he backed away from the keyboard?

...more to follow

ITEM: EZ Street Hits Bumpy Road

Intrepid jersey designer EZ Street sent a chilling thread headline that immediately had the community worried sick. What can be more ominous than a topic title declaring...Bad News in Designer Land? Death of a respected member? Infringement lawsuit? Transferred to Wyoming? (And which also begs the question- If you win the Survivor Series, do you have to shout "I'm going to Designer Land", into the camera as you strut away from your PC?)

Well it turns out it was just a classic counting the chickens before they hatch thing and EZ-Streets great Tarantula jersey design won't be on display as he had hoped. Seems the minor league hockey team can't afford the make-over. Tough luck for EZ-Street, but the community came out in droves to console him, and knowing EZ, he'll bounce back bigger than ever. Too bad he had already paid for a web site, hired a staff of six, and signed a 5 year lease on the old Enron headquarters. Bad news in Designer Land indeed, EZ Street.

hehe, just call me Ken Lay

I'd say you are dead on about counting my chickens before they hatch. I should have waited till i had the damn jerseys in hand....

But i guess that is what being proud of something will get ya.

This may be a very unpopular opinion around here, but I have to say that MoJoTo is doing us somewhat of a public service. With all of the acrimony and ill will that has floated around here lately (a decent amount of which can be credited to the handiwork of the Moje himself) I think it's important to take a few steps back and have a good laugh and remember not to take things as seriously as we (and I do include Yours Truly in that group) sometimes do. I laugh at myself all the time (granted I've got a lot of material to work with -- see, there I go again) and I think we all need to do that from time to time.

In any event, I'm really starting to think that a lot of the, uhh, fecal matter that MJT has stirred around lately has not been done with undiluted malice. Now, I'm not saying that he hasn't crossed the line from time to time, but I'm also not ready to condemn him as devil's spawn. He's a naughty little elf, no doubt about it, but perhaps at the same time, it'll keep us all a little bit looser in the future.

Just some food for thought. No disrespect to anyone who cares not to agree with my position.

One can just imagine how long Syphi stared at the "BEGGARS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS" he had typed and was ready to post in response to Aric before he backed away from the keyboard?

See MoJo? We can be humourous, witty, and not completely offensive at the same time! :) Seriously though, this one is actually funny.

...and it may surprise you to learn that I never even started writing "Beggars Can't Be Choosers" in the thread. I briefly considered entering my trusty old "Why I don't give out vector artwork" speech, but then I read Aric's pretty solid explanation of what he wanted and why. Also despite having only 15 posts total, it is his first on the Requests board, and he has been a member for a month now, leading me to believe he didn't just sign up to get free vector logos.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Don't forget the traffic. ^_^

AirFuse with your traffic report

We currently have 56 users, heading north bound on the CC ave.

Currently the crowded area, that you are most likly to have trouble getting stuck in is the Sports Logos lane, with 23 users on that part. So avoid that lane currently, I suggest reading the sports pages or checking on your fantasy sports team if you wind up stuck there.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

Any report on the stock market or the sports scene?

Good stuff - sorry about the bad new EZ - your a class guy, something good always happens behind those Thunderstorm clouds. Hang in there Topeka-boy.

:D we love ya!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Don't forget the traffic.  ^_^

There's been heavier traffic of late on my left/right scroll bar, due to the overwhelmingly HUGE footers that some people have been using. B)

It's where I sit.

Archived