Introducing the LAF Las Vegas home updated slightly

jaker52

Breaking News: March 24th 2015- An unknown man by the name of Jake Rietz is teaming up with some deep-pocketed investors to introduce a new sport to America. As announces in a press conference today, the League of American Futsal will begin its first season in March of 2016. The game will be like soccer, but with a few changes to make a faster paced, high scoring game.

-Indoors, scaled down to basketball/ hockey sized porportions

-no offsides

-"bouncy" rebound nets on all sides like Arena football to keep ball in play

-5 players+ goalie on court at a time.

- 4 20 minute quarters make up a game

- overtime is first to 5 goals with no time, breaks all ties

laflogo.jpg

The league will start with four teams and play 18 weekly games. with a championship best-of-three series between the top 2 teams.

Commissioner Jake Rietz says the league, with its new headquarters in Fresno, California, will announce its first team in September.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

September 6th 2015- The LAF commissioner would like you to meet the Fresno Suns, the first of four teams to play in the LAF. The below was posted on the league website.

LAF_FRESNO_INSPIRATION.jpg

LAF_FRESNO_LOGOPRES.jpg

The crest pays tribute to the geographic location, heritage, history, and Armenian population in this simple badge. The team will play in Save Mart Center, current home of the FS Bulldogs. The rest of the 4 inaugural teams will be revealed between now and November with the kits coming in January before the season kicks off in March. (I will gladly accept team location nominations along with C&C

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

Now this is going to be a very interesting series. You don't hear a lot about futsal and it's nice to see it get some recognition. Fresno, for starters, looks great. You don't see a lot of olive in sports, and it's a shame because it looks really good, especially with that brown. And the touches that include Fresno State and the Armenian national team are subtle yet effective. I look forward to where you'll go with this. On the subject of nominations, it appears that you're using areas that aren't normally big sports markets. As such, I'd love to see a team in Monterey or the area around it, but considering how close that area is to Fresno that would probably be a bad idea (you're welcome to accept it, however). Instead I'd like to see what you could do with Boise or Wilmington (Delaware or North Carolina, you can choose).

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Well looky what we have going on for a concept series...futsal! Awesome...great to see some exposure for another great offshoot of the beautiful game. Futsal is more about skill and footwork than anything else. It's how Ronaldinho got his start as a kid, and wow could he move..check out his videos from his childhood.

Looking forward to this series.

Now this is going to be a very interesting series. You don't hear a lot about futsal and it's nice to see it get some recognition. Fresno, for starters, looks great. You don't see a lot of olive in sports, and it's a shame because it looks really good, especially with that brown. And the touches that include Fresno State and the Armenian national team are subtle yet effective. I look forward to where you'll go with this. On the subject of nominations, it appears that you're using areas that aren't normally big sports markets. As such, I'd love to see a team in Monterey or the area around it, but considering how close that area is to Fresno that would probably be a bad idea (you're welcome to accept it, however). Instead I'd like to see what you could do with Boise or Wilmington (Delaware or North Carolina, you can choose).

Thanks to everyone and I'm glad this is getting some interest early on. As for locations, I am planning to keep my first 4 west and then move east. (I am planning to do years of expansion teams) I do want unique markets here. Boise is great. Monterey is more a tourist destination then a city and has a population of about 27k. I need bigger cities but that is far from the only valuation used here.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

At first I thought you meant 18 games in one week (I'm so stupid). I like this idea for a game, also will you do uniforms for each team?

This runs on a realistic timeline. Kits will be revealed in "January" (in league time) after we know our teams.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

It'd be great if say... Columbus would get a team(hands you a lot of virtual money)

Even after that whole jest, this looks like a very promising start to a great series. Although Fresno's badge somewhat resembles the Rapid's, I think it's different enough to still look original. The greatest thing about this series is seeing just how much you improved your graphic design skill, and it's VERY apparent.

Keep up the great work!

That's what- She

If you're going with Fresno and Boise for your first two, might I suggest Tucson and Honolulu? Both have pretty substantial populations and markets you don't see a whole lot of concepts for on the board. That is, if you're not concerned about travel to Hawaii. I think that would make for a pretty unique league

That is a very solid Fresno logo! The colors look really pleasing and I love how well all the little visual elements go together in the logo.

As for locations, I'd like a Monterey team (I live 20 or so miles away), but if you're going by population counts, San Jose would be a pretty good bet, with a team playing in the SAP Center. Also, maybe I could suggest a team in Corpus Christi, Texas, perhaps?

Can't wait to see more!

The league seems like a bit of a... joke.

Sarcasm aside, I really like the league logo, the simplicity is nice. Fresno's crest looks pretty cool and the colors are very unique (in a good way). But why exactly did you borrow the mountains from the Federation of Armenia's logo?

(my jokes are terrible)

spacer.png

The league seems like a bit of a... joke.

Sarcasm aside, I really like the league logo, the simplicity is nice. Fresno's crest looks pretty cool and the colors are very unique (in a good way). But why exactly did you borrow the mountains from the Federation of Armenia's logo?

(my jokes are terrible)

I thought i said this but they have a large Armenian population (estimated at 40k) and an Armenian school. I figure theres no problem for anyone else with it but it ties in close with Armenians.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

I would suggest Nashville for a team. Maybe have a unique name like the Nashville Notes. I'd love to catch a game if they were in town.

I said earlier that the inaugural season will stay west to keep travel cheap but since I am a Nashvillian myself, that will come for sure.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

Milwaukee, Baltimore, and Tacoma need to be a part of this.

When the league goes east (2017 and on) Milwaukee and BAL can happen. I never thought of Tacoma and will consider.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

Archived