Quebec Nordiques Logo redesign

Htown1141

As one might expect, other logos in Québec have featured Q in similar ways, notably the Parti Québécois and Hydro-Québec. The separatist Parti Québécois uses a slightly different version of the logo now, with a green triangle instead of red, but I think this will remind people of it.

175px-1985_Parti_qu%C3%A9b%C3%A9cois_log

250px-Hydro-Qu%C3%A9bec_Logo.svg.png

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

It looks like an old logo. It doesn't have a sharp bold feel that I think a sports logo should have now. It seems like an old logo from the 70's for an Oil company. I think one thing you have to do is make the Q and N thicker, then you can make the fleur bigger inside the logo.

This is good but don't post it if it's just ok. Put more time and effort into it if needed.

If he thinks it's just okay, he comes here to find out how to improve it. We think it's good (myself included) and I think he did the right thing by posting it here.

To HTown: Don't undersell your work by saying that your sister hates it or that it's just "OK" Try to say something more like "I am wondering what I can improve on"

That's just my take on this. Nice work.

tinysig.jpg

Decided to go with a homage approach on this one, and I think I did a good job. Maybe not to some (my sister) but I think I did. C&C appreciated.

QqN67Em.png

That looks much better--it's more clear what it is supposed to be.

But it still needs something else--not quit sure though yet.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Decided to go with a homage approach on this one, and I think I did a good job. Maybe not to some (my sister) but I think I did. C&C appreciated.

QqN67Em.png

Cool idea but like everyone else has said, it's missing something. I feel like the "N" is too long in length. I would also replace the simple square end of the "N" and use the picture below to include the building silhouette instead.The capital building if I am correct?

quebec_city01121.jpg

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

QqN67Em.png

Cool idea but like everyone else has said, it's missing something. I feel like the "N" is too long in length. I would also replace the simple square end of the "N" and use the picture below to include the building silhouette instead.The capital building if I am correct?

quebec_city01121.jpg

This the famous hotel, the Château Frontenac, which is definitely an iconic image of the city. The less iconic parliament building (capital) is much smaller, a few blocks away. I have added its image below.

220px-Quebec_national_assembly.jpg

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

I like how you're taking ideas from us & trying them out--and the idea is improving.

Still needs some tweaks--like a shorter stick on # 2 & 3.

With #1 it looks like an NL--so Newfoundland?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Personally the Nordiques logo is my second favourite out the Teams that moved in the 90s but this would be an awesome logo to use a shoulder crest or on a secondary uniform colours could be a darker blue and teal like the logo in just another job that logo is sick .

Archived