Illinois Football Concept

pcgd

I was bored, so I came up with a concept for the UofI. I wanted to do something somewhat orginal and I, unlike many posters on here, love the piping look. So I used it, but a little diffferently than its been used. I kept the helmets but continued the piping look with the stripes.

I also made an on field look so you can see it on field. I "stole" the tech. that someone used on their webpage (sorry i can't remember who!) for their sabers concepts. I thought it looked awesome so, if anyone knows who that is so I can give them props!

Also you can see a preview of what my website is gonna look like, if you care :)

anyway, enjoy...

illuni.gif

illonfield.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are awesome, except for the Nike logo on the socks. Isn't it in enough places already...football, jersey, pants & shoes? The only logo that should go on socks should be the school's identity, not the manufacturer.

The piping on the jerseys is very nice. It doesn't look like the usual extraneous designs done byNike already (see U. Miami-Florida).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I friggin' love 'em. It's a sharp, distinct look for a team with a very nondescript look now.

My only question is how the jerseys and pants match. You have the monochomatic look in the photo simulation and you have two jerseys with three pants...just wondering.

Oh, and :notworthy:

Illinois has always had white and blue jerseys, (notice, I didn't design an orange jersey, AWFUL) and then the 3 pants. So I kept with that. They only break out the blue pants in big games. and when I designed these, I imagined all blue.

The other combos would be, pretty much anything. I wanted to make sure they all fit together, and they do. You guys know how college teams are, they wear different combos all the time. Just the nature of the beast if you will.

Thanks for all the kind comments thus far! The swoosh on the socks, I really wouldn't agree with, but it makes it look more realistic right? :) stupid nike.

I also don't mind the piping in unis if done properly. I like these overall, but the all-blue socks are out for review right now. Somehow you have made them work better than most other unis I've seen with dark socks.

What stealing someone's tech.?

I dig the templates for the shirts. Did you create them? It's a nice layout for display.

I like them, that's some doggone solid work right there...

But what really impresses me is the way you photoshopped that pic, wo buddy that's awesome :notworthy:

Pat,

I am huge ILLINI fan and have been after them to change uniforms and helmets for quite sometime. Though I disagree about the orange top I think your design would look great with it. I really wish they would change the helmet design to ILLINI with either blue facemasks or orange ones like they use to have. If I were you I would submit your idea to the football department. Fantastic job!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I think their present uniforms resemble Syracuse's way too much. I really feel a total overhual is neeeded.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

donm.gif

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

It looks very nike-ish, but for me that's good thing. It's different, but very very nice. The orange might need some darkening, but other than that, it's pretty sweet.

Strange that I was thinking they looked like some of the reebok soccer jerseys from las years premier league! (Notably Bolton's and Liverpool's road jersey!) But that isn't a bad thing either!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

that...simply awesome, it's a lot but not too much. now if Illinois would get a new helmet logo, the Giants ripoff was outdated when they started using it ^_^

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

As a huge Illini fan, relative and friend of alumi, relative and friend of current students, and hopefully a future student...I don't wana see them in that. I've been drawing up concepts on paper and in my head for their football and basketball team, but for football, I don't wanna see them be one of Nike's experiments ever.

I applaud your effort, but not really your design.

I like it, but the Indian-head logo on the pants is no longer used by the University. I only know that because I work in media relations at another University and when we hosted them in the NCAA women's bball tourney a couople of years back they told us in no uncertain terms to not use the Indian-head.

Archived