North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

Good job TFC with the 2-0 win

The Leafs, Jays, & Raptors will throw them a parade.

I think the Raptors will be spending the parade in a hospital bed after the ass whooping the Wizards gave them.

Probably should leave it to the Leafs and Jays.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Montreal is improbably up 1-0 in the first half against Club America.

America is having a great time throwing Impact players on the ground; maybe those will get called in the second half.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

SadVk3A.jpg

New York City F. C., owned jointly by royalty from the United Arab Emirates and the Yankees, is considering a move to Columbia University’s Baker Athletics Complex, at the northern tip of Manhattan.

The proposal is to build a new, larger stadium amid the crowded complex that could be used by the soccer team and Columbia’s football team.

The move is in an exploratory stage, and there are no commitments on either side. But club executives, who continue to look at other sites, said that if it is feasible and the sides can come to terms, it may be the best solution of all.

www.nytimes.com/2015/04/29/sports/soccer/new-york-city-fc-searching-for-stadium-site-is-considering-columbia-athletic-complex.html?smid=tw-share&_r=1

Red = Yankee Stadium
Yellow = Columbia University's Baker Athletics Complex
xENKNtp.jpg

I don't think that site is a home run. The neighborhood is too residential, and the stadium would be somewhat under-served by mass transit. They'd also need a lot more parking than the existing complex is prepared to handle.

Could have stunning views of the Palisades and Hudson River, though. That area of Manhattan is beautiful.

I don't think that site is a home run. The neighborhood is too residential, and the stadium would be somewhat under-served by mass transit. They'd also need a lot more parking than the existing complex is prepared to handle.

Could have stunning views of the Palisades and Hudson River, though. That area of Manhattan is beautiful.

I pretty much agree, but at some point beggars can't be choosers. There simply isn't a lot of options inside the 5 boroughs.

I don't think the mass transit options are bad. 1 train to 215th street or 225th street just over the Broadway Bridge. Can't tell which one is closer. Also have Metro North just over the bridge. I would recommend most people taking subway to Grand Central and taking Metro North up to Marble Hill and walk over the bridge.

Didn't RTFA but would this move be for this season or beyond?

I like the spectacle of NYCFC games at Yankee Stadium, but they're really hard to watch on TV. The field looks so cramped and the camera angles make the viewing experience feel so claustrophobic.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It wouldn't be until they could build their own stadium. So a couple years from now even if they started today.

NYCFC would fill the existing stadium with just their season ticket holders. They'd need to add another 10,000 seats just to accommodate their regular crowds.

And I get that the Metro-North train is a short walk away, but they'd need to run shuttles or something to link Inwood with the other lines (like they do for games at Yankee Stadium). I also think a single subway line is a bit light to accommodate traffic on game days.

And I get that the Metro-North train is a short walk away, but they'd need to run shuttles or something to link Inwood with the other lines (like they do for games at Yankee Stadium). I also think a single subway line is a bit light to accommodate traffic on game days.

Do it at Citi Field no?

If you're asking if Citi Field has only one line, then the answer is "No." Technically "yes" but "no" in practice. They have the (7) local and (7) express. And on top of that they run extra trains for games.

You can see this reflected in the station layouts. The Willets Point station next to the Mets has two platforms in each direction, to accommodate all the traffic (the 215th Street (1) station has one). That station was built to process the large gameday crowds, you can't really compare it to any other single-line station in the system.

If you're asking if Citi Field has only one line, then the answer is "No." Technically "yes" but "no" in practice. They have the (7) local and (7) express. And on top of that they run extra trains for games.

You can see this reflected in the station layouts. The Willets Point station next to the Mets has two platforms in each direction, to accommodate all the traffic (the 215th Street (1) station has one). That station was built to process the large gameday crowds, you can't really compare it to any other single-line station in the system.

yeah, you're right.

Scuks for Montreal. I wish CL was a greater goal for MLS clubs, it still feels like bonus time.

Meeting up with UEFA & CONMEBOL winners, & maybe actually competing, would take MLS a very long way.

It would take CONCACAF having referees who call a consistent game.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/story/2415886/mls-forming-plan-to-expand-beyond-24-teams-says-commissioner

A few days back MLS Commissioner Garber confirmed that the league has every intention to expand beyond 24 teams. They have no plan—that was basically the announcement: that they're beginning to develop a plan—but he said it's happening.

"We will expand this league beyond 24 teams. It's not an if, it's a when."

I think this is interesting news as it concerns St. Louis. I know, I know. MLS wants soccer specific stadia. I still think they'd settle for a brand new and designed specifically to accommodate soccer (as opposed to a retrofit or afterthought) if all else is right.

I'm not saying all else IS or will be right. Ownership is still a huge question here. (More potential and sensible names have emerged, but there's nothing concrete.) But it's interesting.

At the very least, the possibility of the stadium serving as host to an MLS team in addition to an NFL team is back in play. That makes some difference in my mind.

http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/story/2415886/mls-forming-plan-to-expand-beyond-24-teams-says-commissioner

A few days back MLS Commissioner Garber confirmed that the league has every intention to expand beyond 24 teams. They have no planthat was basically the announcement: that they're beginning to develop a planbut he said it's happening.

"We will expand this league beyond 24 teams. It's not an if, it's a when."

I think this is interesting news as it concerns St. Louis. I know, I know. MLS wants soccer specific stadia. I still think they'd settle for a brand new and designed specifically to accommodate soccer (as opposed to a retrofit or afterthought) if all else is right.

I'm not saying all else IS or will be right. Ownership is still a huge question here. (More potential and sensible names have emerged, but there's nothing concrete.) But it's interesting.

At the very least, the possibility of the stadium serving as host to an MLS team in addition to an NFL team is back in play. That makes some difference in my mind.

So St. Louis finally gets MLS two decades later?

And when the "economics" have owners still lose $$$ as a league, but ask for increasing franchise fees.

It really looks like a pyramid scheme.

http://www.soccernomics-agency.com/?page_id=9

Others disagree...

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2015/4/23/8482407/soccernomics-mls-collapse-stefan-szymanski

Archived