NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

He also makes the bizarre claim that the report can't really be trusted because the reporter had to rely on sources. That, plus the continuing refusal to rebut the story, tells me that it's likely true. Not to mention the governor seems to have essentially (if inadvertently) corroborated it.

And FWIW, Demoff makes a big show of saying that Kroenke doesn't bother to tell him about his real estate dealings, that he has nothing to do with that part of Stan's empire. then reveals that he was briefed on the Inglewood acquisition before it became public. Interesting.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh. I don't think we can really make a determination on the Kroenke-Nixon communications. And yet, we both seem to be making the one that stays with our overall perspective on things. Only natural I suppose. ;)

I'm not sure there's much to that latter point. Kroenke's obviously not stupid. He knows what a 60-acre land deal in LA (a formerly proposed site for a stadium no less) will differ in perception from his other land deals. He knew Demoff would be asked, he knew the commissioner would wonder (whether it's a requirement to tell him or not). It's not shocking that he'd brief people like that on this acquisition whatever his motives for it are.

That's not to say he couldn't have briefed him on it because he's planning a stadium there, but I just think it's only natural he'd brief the public face and mouthpiece of the organization on such an obvious note of interest regardless.

This reading of the tea leaves and speculation we're doing sucks, by the way. It's so hard not to do, and also so pointless feeling. I cannot wait until this situation is resolved.

See, the Jags are moving!!!

NFL Announces Jacksonville Jaguars To Play 16 Games In London Next Season

700.jpg?4196

NEW YORK—Noting the league’s increasing popularity among fans in Britain and across Europe, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell revealed Tuesday that the Jacksonville Jaguars will play 16 regular season games in London next season. “Fans in the United Kingdom have shown an incredible passion and enthusiasm for our sport, so I’m thrilled to announce 16 exciting matchups featuring the Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley Stadium next year,” Goodell told reporters, adding that the Jaguars will be listed as the home team for eight of their London games and as the away team for the remaining eight. “This is a great opportunity to further grow the NFL internationally and give thousands of British fans the chance to see the Jaguars play in person. And to prevent any logistical issues, the team will stay in England during those weeks with their own practice field, training facility, and front office based in London.” Goodell also confirmed that the Jaguars would also wear special limited-edition uniforms for their London games, featuring a new color scheme and team logo.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nfl-announces-jacksonville-jaguars-to-play-16-game,35565/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

:P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I do love how a little research moved us from

"the report was conclusively refuted"

to

"what is 'truth', anyway? Can humans of limited and fallible senses ever know objective truth?"

Well... really what I said was it's been refuted, though it could still be true or not. I never said "conclusively" lol.

I do love how a little research moved us from

"the report was conclusively refuted"

to

"what is 'truth', anyway? Can humans of limited and fallible senses ever know objective truth?"

Well... really what I said was it's been refuted, though it could still be true or not. I never said "conclusively" lol.

I know, just being a little silly.

Although you have to admit that not only was the report not "refuted", but it was confirmed by Demoff's careful parsing of words and non-denial denials. You have to jump through pretty big hoops not to reach that conclusion - the Rams could only have been helped by his strongly and definitively refuting the charge, yet he pointedly did not.

Eh. I don't think I'd agree with that. Demoff isn't a party to the conversations between Kroenke and Nixon. He can't confirm or deny anything, and he wasn't going to tear down a respected local reporter over something he doesn't know for a fact. I'm not ruling anything out, I just don't think there's a clear read here (shocking, I know!).

I'm also not sure the Rams stand to gain or lose anything either way. Playing hardball like that would upset ticket buyers, but it may also get those same ticket buyers and taxpayers that much more willing to favor a sweetheart deal. That's what leverage plays are all about, after all.

Like I said, though. This is just getting annoying. (And I don't mean our conversation by any means. Just the situation.)

Eh. I don't think I'd agree with that. Demoff isn't a party to the conversations between Kroenke and Nixon. He can't confirm or deny anything, and he wasn't going to tear down a respected local reporter over something he doesn't know for a fact. I'm not ruling anything out, I just don't think there's a clear read here (shocking, I know!).

I'm also not sure the Rams stand to gain or lose anything either way. Playing hardball like that would upset ticket buyers, but it may also get those same ticket buyers and taxpayers that much more willing to favor a sweetheart deal. That's what leverage plays are all about, after all.

Like I said, though. This is just getting annoying. (And I don't mean our conversation by any means. Just the situation.)

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."

743px-Tr-bigstick-cartoon.JPG

The land in LA is, of course, the stick.

I thought he'd announced a long while back his succession plan was an auction and the team went to the highest bidder. Seems to me if that's still the case we may just have our LA bound team in the Bills.

I thought he'd announced a long while back his succession plan was an auction and the team went to the highest bidder. Seems to me if that's still the case we may just have our LA bound team in the Bills.

I hope the hell not. Buffalo shouldn't lose this team. Goodell should do everything in his power to keep them there. He's from Western New York for god's sake. Jamestown to be exact.

He long claimed that he had a plan in place to keep the Bills in town after his death, but would not discuss it because he did not want everyone to focus on his passing.

It will certainly be interesting to see. Buffalo needs updates (or a new building), they're now in ownership limbo, and like the other teams in this conversation, they've had mediocre attendance (most likely due to a poor product—also like the other teams).

I would think we'll know relatively soon who the ownership is transferring to immediately (his kids or his wife most likely), but beyond that it may take some time.

It will certainly be interesting to see. Buffalo needs updates (or a new building), they're now in ownership limbo, and like the other teams in this conversation, they've had mediocre attendance (most likely due to a poor product—also like the other teams).

I would think we'll know relatively soon who the ownership is transferring to immediately (his kids or his wife most likely), but beyond that it may take some time.

Buffalo got renovations to the stadium. And a new lease that frees up the team to move in 2019-2020, but not before then.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived