NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

This doesn't change much IMHO but maybe is a little nudge in STL's favor (whether for the Rams or another team, hypothetically)

Proposed riverfront stadium gets a name: National Car Rental Field

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/proposed-riverfront-stadium-gets-a-name-national-car-rental-field/article_2320de7e-3dbe-54e7-9daf-33796140dd4e.html

Ask Farmers Insurance how guaranteed this is to work out.

Free advertising if people talk about the stadium for years, but it never gets built.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even among NFL owners, Jerry Richardson is a particularly odious man. It's inexcusable that a guy who played in the league would have so much contempt for the people who play in it now. But aside from all that, a relative small fry in Charlotte has no business being on the relocation committee. It's like Peter Karmanos wielding significant power in the NHL because he's hung around a long time.

and the dude only played 2 years in the NFL before calling it a career and becoming rich off of Hardee's and Flagstar. Every time he makes a public appearance all I can think of is an episode of Matlock. Seersucker suits anyone!

This doesn't change much IMHO but maybe is a little nudge in STL's favor (whether for the Rams or another team, hypothetically)

Proposed riverfront stadium gets a name: National Car Rental Field

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/proposed-riverfront-stadium-gets-a-name-national-car-rental-field/article_2320de7e-3dbe-54e7-9daf-33796140dd4e.html

Ask Farmers Insurance how guaranteed this is to work out.

Free advertising if people talk about the stadium for years, but it never gets built.

That was my first thought as well. I'm not sure Farmers ever put a single dollar down; they got all the publicity for the commitment to pay had the stadium been built.

Smart move, though. Gives everyone something more concrete to talk about than "our stadium project down by the river and north of the Arch."

The Florida Panthers' arena of many names was at one point the "National Car Rental Center." It sounded bad then and sounds bad now. Why not Enterprise Field?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They say it's about target market. I don't necessarily understand since Enterprise advertising strongly to the NHL, and I wouldn't expect those markets to be drastically difference.

It may be about breathing life into the brand, I don't know. (Enterprise didn't own National when they sponsored the Panthers arena.)

I figure if this comes to pass it will start being referred to as just National Field or something anyways, which isn't as bad. It's a lame name, but I suppose it could be worse.

Coors or Miller should have bought the rights.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They say it's about target market. I don't necessarily understand since Enterprise advertising strongly to the NHL, and I wouldn't expect those markets to be drastically difference.

It may be about breathing life into the brand, I don't know. (Enterprise didn't own National when they sponsored the Panthers arena.)

I figure if this comes to pass it will start being referred to as just National Field or something anyways, which isn't as bad. It's a lame name, but I suppose it could be worse.

I think as a whole, Enterprise doesn't really have a strong Q rating. When most people have to deal with them, they get bugged to buy insurance aka "protection" and hire of lot of new college graduates but weed most of them out within 90 days not to provide health insurance.

National is essentially an airport-only brand, which is just get into your rental and leave with little to no sales interaction.

http://deadspin.com/proposed-rams-stadium-would-cost-taxpayers-a-hell-of-a-1735164980

New St. Louis stadium to cost $215M more than reported?

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Proposed Rams Stadium Would Cost Taxpayers A Hell Of A Lot More Than Promised

http://deadspin.com/proposed-rams-stadium-would-cost-taxpayers-a-hell-of-a-1735164980

Informative articles on the overall situation:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/owner-686368-jerry-return.html

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/oct/06/chargers-raider-rams-stadium-los-angeles-meetings/

Vincent Bonsignore ‏@DailyNewsVinny · 4h4 hours ago

#Steelers owner Art Rooney: "As it stands now I expect all three teams to file for relocation" #Raiders #Rams #Chargers

Vincent Bonsignore ‏@DailyNewsVinny · 4h4 hours ago

#Steelers owner Art Rooney: "I expect a decision in January....We have some work to do"

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR · 7h7 hours ago
#Raiders owner Mark Davis just said he's willing to take on a partner in Los Angeles. "Whatever it takes to make something happen," he said

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR · 6h6 hours ago
And by "partner," #Raiders owner Mark Davis meant another part-owner to assuage fears of other team owners about ability to succeed in LA

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR · 3h3 hours ago
Source: Deal by #Raiders owner Mark Davis to sell part of team to LA investor could be coming soon in hopes of moving team. #NFL

#Raiders owner Mark Davis just said he's willing to take on a partner in Los Angeles. "Whatever it takes to make something happen," he said

And by "partner," #Raiders owner Mark Davis meant another part-owner to assuage fears of other team owners about ability to succeed in LA

Source: Deal by #Raiders owner Mark Davis to sell part of team to LA investor could be coming soon in hopes of moving team. #NFL

Davis is willing to take on a partner.

Translation: "SOMEONE TAKE US WITH YOU PLEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE! PRETTY PLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE! I'LL TREAT YOU TO LUNCH AT PF CHANGS!!!!"

VmWIn6B.png

Davis is willing to take on a partner.

Translation: "SOMEONE TAKE US WITH YOU PLEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE! PRETTY PLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE! I'LL TREAT YOU TO LUNCH AT PF CHANGS!!!!"

Does P.F. Chang's have a buffet?

This might be an unpopular opinion, but PF Chang's blows. However, that $12.99 all-you-can-eat Hooters wings deal would be life altering. I love their wings, but go maybe once every few years because I don't want to be that guy. Still, if they had that deal by me, I would go every Tuesday night until I ate myself to the point of being bed-ridden. Buffalo Wild Wings has better sauces, but the wings aren't even close.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This might be an unpopular opinion, but PF Chang's blows. However, that $12.99 all-you-can-eat Hooters wings deal would be life altering. I love their wings, but go maybe once every few years because I don't want to be that guy. Still, if they had that deal by me, I would go every Tuesday night until I ate myself to the point of being bed-ridden. Buffalo Wild Wings has better sauces, but the wings aren't even close.

If Hooters ever offered that with their boneless wings I'd never leave.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Does P.F. Chang's have a buffet?

Jefferson City has I think four different Chinese buffets on the same road. I've been to all of them.

And I'm sure you're better off for it. I love Chinese food. Buffets are almost never as high quality as regular Chinese restaurants, but I can never choose and want a little of everything. So I'll trade better egg rolls so I can have some General Tso, egg foo young, seafood delight, crab Rangoon, and maybe even a slice of cheese pizza because what the hell.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived