Worst Current Uniform Set in Sports

soflo_sports

That was the first one that came to mind.

I've never liked the NYGiants current set. They aren't bad as much as they're just boring. They look like practice jerseys.

However, my other initial thought it this mess of an alternate from my beloved Sabres.

20131127_kkt_al9_497.0.jpg

How often do the Sabres wear those alternates?

I thought the bucs to immediately.

Its funny cause I guess you think of the jaguars too but you kinda expect the jaguars to look bad, the buccaneers should look better plus their previous uniform was perfect for them.

I actually like the jaguars set but i just don't like the helmet. If it was solid black it would be a thousand times better

soflo copy.png

I'm a homer and I can't stand what the Sabres have done.

Just go full retro and ditch the navy jerseys with so much piping (UGHH HATE PIPING!!!) and the stupid armpit things.

That said, the yellow alts are entertaining for pure shock value LOL

But the rest with unnecessary outlines have got to go!!

That was the first one that came to mind.

I've never liked the NYGiants current set. They aren't bad as much as they're just boring. They look like practice jerseys.

However, my other initial thought it this mess of an alternate from my beloved Sabres.

20131127_kkt_al9_497.0.jpg

How often do the Sabres wear those alternates?

I thought the bucs to immediately.

Its funny cause I guess you think of the jaguars too but you kinda expect the jaguars to look bad, the buccaneers should look better plus their previous uniform was perfect for them.

I actually like the jaguars set but i just don't like the helmet. If it was solid black it would be a thousand times better

too much, they wear them too much

Flames, hands down. Flags do not a secondary logo make

Because a small shoulder patch automatically makes something far and away the worst... The Vancouver script on the Canucks unis are an example of something far, far more offensive to uni design.
The flags on the Flames shoulders are gross, yes, and I could go on and on about them for hours. But the rest of the uni is a complete mess. Stripes to nowhere, useless piping, dumb socks, and a font I can't really endorse either. They're pretty bad.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Flames, hands down. Flags do not a secondary logo make

Because a small shoulder patch automatically makes something far and away the worst... The Vancouver script on the Canucks unis are an example of something far, far more offensive to uni design.

A small shoulder patch that is primarily blue... A colour not only never before used in team history, but the primary colour of their provincial rivals. Speaking of provincial rivals, FGM13 pretty much summed up why they could be considered the worst.

You find the Canucks script offensive, fair enough. Personally I think its time to get rid of the script as well but with the Canucks current look, the positives definitely outweigh the negatives.

I'm a homer and I can't stand what the Sabres have done.

Just go full retro and ditch the navy jerseys with so much piping (UGHH HATE PIPING!!!) and the stupid armpit things.

That said, the yellow alts are entertaining for pure shock value LOL

But the rest with unnecessary outlines have got to go!!

The Turd Burger has quite the shock value, that's for damn sure. I so agree with you on the Sabres needing to go back to Royal Blue and Gold pronto. One thing I like about the Sabres' third jersey is that it doesn't have front numbers. I lied, there's a second thing. I like the idea of a yellow Sabres jersey. Could it have been better? No, not at all. (This Statement is Absolute Sarcasm) For a weird, wacky third jersey that is the first to be one color on the front, and a different color on the back, it has been very interesting to see, even though it is unique for ALL THE WRONG REASONS. I think it's a neat jersey but I'll say this, when the Sabres finally retire it, I will be happy for their fans when it is worn for the final time, and for the eyes of the Hockey Fans on this site.

As of 2015...

NFL - Buccaneers (Although I think their set gets WAY too much hate, it's still the worst in their league)

I sort of halfway agree with you. Even with the goofy helmet, I think it would be OK with a normal number font. Still a downgrade most likely, but OK. The number font that they went with, however, deserves all the hate heaped upon it.

Honestly aside from the number font it's not that bad. It is a nice cohesive look imo. It's a big downgrade from their previous set but it's not as bad as I initially thought. I think the cardinals or bengals have the worst set in the league. Withal of that being said, until they fix the helmet the Jaguars are the champions of the bad unis.

My picks:

NFL: Jaguars with the Bucs a close second and the Steelers third (especially with god awful looking bumblebee throwbacks).

NBA: Rockets. Enough said!!

MLB: The new Twins 2015 jerseys. Bring back the pinstripe look like they had the past 3 decades or so, and they wouldn't be on that list.

NHL: Sharks, somehow the unis don't excite me that much.

NFL - Buccaneers

MLB - Marlins

NBA - Warriors

NHL - Avalanche

Buccaneers new unis are hands down the worst in the NFL by a long shot.

Marlins really should've kept their colours the same and just updated their previous logos.

And IMO the Avalanche need to simplify their uniforms, and drop black entirely.

NBA: Rockets. Enough said!!

I was going to say Rockets only I realized I just hate their stupid model rockets out of a box logo. Their red unis are pretty good & as unique as you can get for red & white.

Good call on the Flames' Alberta flags... how very Calgary of them.

Bucs, I can't even look at them without wondering if they're still actually real or not. Once they ditch them, & they will, we'll look back on this era of theirs & wonder wtf were they smoking.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

NFL - Buccaneers

MLB - Marlins

NBA - Warriors

NHL - Avalanche

Buccaneers new unis are hands down the worst in the NFL by a long shot.

Marlins really should've kept their colours the same and just updated their previous logos.

And IMO the Avalanche need to simplify their uniforms, and drop black entirely.

Warriors is the only one lacking an explanation despite being the one needing it the most...

Archived