Worst Current Uniform Set in Sports

soflo_sports

I know this is a pretty broad topic, but I have many uniforms that I absolutely despise, and I just wanted to see everyone's opinion. Personally in just American sports (you can post uniforms from other countries too) I think the worst set of current uniforms is without a doubt the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

3801022_orig.jpg?245

Uniform03_03_14_2_a.jpg

soflo copy.png

That was the first one that came to mind.

I've never liked the NYGiants current set. They aren't bad as much as they're just boring. They look like practice jerseys.

However, my other initial thought it this mess of an alternate from my beloved Sabres.

20131127_kkt_al9_497.0.jpg

bufg.png

NFL: Bucs and Jags are just as horrible.

NHL: Sabres alt by a landslide. It is bad enough to be considered an embarrassment to the league as a whole.

MLB: D-Backs would probably look acceptable in AA ball...

NBA: Thunder could have been designed with MS paint.

As of 2015...

NFL - Buccaneers (Although I think their set gets WAY too much hate, it's still the worst in their league)

MLB - Indians (Their logo is generic, their colors are generic, and their uniforms are generic)

NBA - Kings (I despise their black alternate uniforms the most)

NHL - Avalanche (Piping and yoke; BLECH!)

Overall - Indians

As of 2015...

NFL - Buccaneers (Although I think their set gets WAY too much hate, it's still the worst in their league)

I sort of halfway agree with you. Even with the goofy helmet, I think it would be OK with a normal number font. Still a downgrade most likely, but OK. The number font that they went with, however, deserves all the hate heaped upon it.

I'm not really familiar with football and it's aestetics. Can someone explain what it is that makes the Bucs uniform so horrible. To be clear: I know what the uniforms look like, I don't understand why they are horrible.

MLB: Diamondbacks- keep the A logo, scrap the rest.

NFL: Jaguars- so much wasted potential

NBA: Nuggets- the colors don't work for me.

NHL: Blue Jackets- the 3rd jersey logo and colors should be the primary.

MLB: There really are not a lot of terrible primaries in MLB. There are some alts I don't like and some teams that wear alts too often. There are teams with too many hats, too many jerseys, too much throwback use, unnecessary jerseys etc. But no truly terrible sets; it's the one of the big 4 that is "pushing the envelope" the least and that's fine by me. With teams like Toronto and Houston righting the ship, it's a tough call. I almost picked Arizona because of the "D-Backs" mark. I know San Diego has not righted the ship but they do assure that their boring uniforms will not be often-called the worst. I should probably pick Cleveland for Wahoo alone, but I can't just pick that as worst all the time so I think the Colorado Rockies are the worst overall. It's a color scheme that just does not work well for the reasons discussed in another thread. I also don't like the "CR" mark any more than I'd like a "DT" for the Tigers.

NBA: A few choices here. The Hawks are kinda drab and really divert from where they ought to be, but the uniform is not horrible. The Pelicans uniform turned out to be a disappointment. I really, really want to say the Mavs but there is one I just cannot stand and that's the Phoenix Suns. First, do they want to use purple or not? Second, the horrible rays coming out of an imaginary circle around the numbers. I liked their gray for gray's sake uniforms much better. Unlike most of you, I did not like their Barkley-era uniforms but at least those rays made sense.

NFL: My bottom three are all from the Nike going crazy category. They have gone so crazy that it took me a while to remember how ridiculous Reebok's Bengals update was (though the helmet would always keep it from the bottom). But the big three of clown suits reside in Seattle (I know that's not a popular opinion here anymore), Tampa Bay, and Jacksonville. Unlike most of you, I don't think Jacksonville "looks good except for the helmet." I think the awful helmet just makes us forget that the rest of the look is bad too. From the neck-down, however, Tampa Bay looks the worst. But Jacksonville is second worst and their horrible helmet brings the Jacksonville Jaguars to #32 in a close one (I am still going back-and-forth)

NHL: Not as classy as MLB but not nearly as many clown suits as the NBA and NFL, the NHL has a few "sorta-bad" uniforms from which to choose. The Sabres for their terrible alt? The Wild for marginalizing their logo and having such a disjointed look? The Flames or Panthers for being too "edge-?" The Flyers for their nameplates? (seriously; I hate that). The 'Canes for the toilet bowl logo and recent downgrade? The Canucks for their wordmark and difficulty picking a logo? The lightning for their boring uniforms (which I like) and their "Bolts" jersey (which I hate)? I'll go with the Ottawa Senators. I have never been inspired at all by their logos or their use of boring red and black. I really dislike the number font, I hate their random edge trim design, and I don't like their fauxback either. It'was a very tough call.

So, would I listen to argument that my team has the worst uniform?

• Twins: Yes. As I said, MLB is doing OK and the Twins have gold only at home, a wordmark that does not go with the hat, and rely too much on a throwback.
  • Vikings: No. Just too many clownsuits in the NFL.
  • Wolves: I guess, but while it's not a great uniform, I think it's more positioned to be forgotten about.
  • Wild: Yes. They are the most disjointed team in the NHL. Their white uniform, on its own, is probably one of the better and the red is tolerable, but as a total set, it's a mess.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived