USBL--St. Paul Loons Posted (24/24)

dsaline97

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I don't have any problem with the MLB font you have now, but I think if you were going to choose a different font to go with it, I'd probably pick D, so it gets the serif but is not bold, to better match the wordmark. But good work on Cali, it does look better with the lightened cream, and the cap is very well done.

I'm getting the consensus that F is the clear choice here, and I agree with that. I'll get the update here in a couple days. I'm a little busy currently (HS graduation/baseball playoffs/upcoming finals), but I'm not behind. I finished team #14 today, so I think we're in pretty good shape :D

Mind if I ask where you found that template??

I found it somewhere around here. I can't pinpoint the thread, but the original template is around in SVG format, I traced it so I can use it in Photoshop. As for the field, I traced that from Google Earth and went from there.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I hope you all are enjoying this series so far!

spacer.png

92ZqTqi.png

The Arizona Sidewinders have slithered back and forth between Tuscon and Phoenix, Arizona. The team started in Tuscon in 1962, relocated to Phoenix in the 1980s, moved back in the mid 1990s. Despite the location changes, the name has remained the same their entire existence. The Sidewinders’ name originates from the snake in the nearby Mojave Desert as well as the sidearm throwing slot of a pitcher. With 3 championships to their name, as well as back-to-back appearances in 2000-2001, the Sidewinders certainly have talent. The core group of Jason Weise, Jake McKenzie, and Don Griffen was the key to both the 2000 and 2013 championships, and all three returned to the Grand Canyon State. Weise and McKenzie are a lethal double play combo up the middle, and Don Griffen leads the infield behind the dish. Shane Gordon, Jr. was signed before the 2014 campaign and is developing into one of the team’s top starting pitchers.

Dark green and sand were chosen as the team’s colors in order to represent the area as well as create a unique scheme in the league. A sidewinder in the shape of an “s” is on the front of the team’s cap. The Sidewinders also have a unique look in that they are one of few teams with a non-grey road uniform--sand tops and sand pants with green and white trim, which has grown popular with fans. The club is looking into removing the “Sidewinders” script and making the home alternate the primary home jersey, as some consider the regular home too clunky and cluttered. The custom number font is meant to mimic the rest of the identity.

Davis-Monathan Field is named after the Air Force base nearby in Tuscon. The team is very well connected with the military and used to have camoflage Sunday sets to match. The grass design looks like a mistake--and was. In 2000, the grounds crew accidentally mowed down the grass in the wrong places, making for an unconventional look. The team suddenly caught fire, and the “design” has been kept ever since. Bizzare, but true. You can’t make this stuff up.

GcYEP7z.png
qEdjXkA.png
auKvrk0.png
2Cj2T1v.png
Original:
6dFNoN4.png
jOVpdlG.png
qEdjXkA.png
rrbJ8zF.png
C&C Appreciated, as always!
California Grizzlies < Arizona Sidewinders > Indiana Tribe

spacer.png

Just found this for the first time and I can honestly say this is the most fun I have EVER had looking at concepts. Arizona is my favorite team so far, especially those primary home whites. I would buy one of those in a heartbeat!!! All the teams are really really cool and I can't even express how eager I am for the next few teams to get posted!!!! Get it up!! Having a blast!!

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-15%20at%201.39.3

Sidewinders look great. Only concern is did you try the primary roundel with the baseball straight? Did it just not look right or something? IMO it just doesn't look right crooked. On the other hand, this is probably the greatest baseball concept series I've ever seen so kudos to you!!

Wow, I'm glad you guys all like the scripts, those were my biggest worry about the Sidewinders.

A couple things: First, you should make the Nike Swoosh cream instead of white. Also, how would cream sanis look?

Cream swooshes would fit better, though it's such a minor thing I'm not sure if I'll end up updating them. It does make sense, especially because white isn't found anywhere.

Can I ask what the other 14 planned teams are for this league?

I might release the potential markets, but that's unlikely because once that happens, people start trying to give suggestions rather than actually commenting on the concepts.

Sidewinders look great. Only concern is did you try the primary roundel with the baseball straight? Did it just not look right or something? IMO it just doesn't look right crooked. On the other hand, this is probably the greatest baseball concept series I've ever seen so kudos to you!!

I tried the straight baseball, but the snake overlapped so much of it that it didn't look very good. Here's what I mean:

Original

60hbvDs.png

and straight laces

a1mHKOu.png

I'll let you be the judge, but to me crooked looks way better.

spacer.png

Archived