Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

Nobody outside of Socal cares about the Ducks... Hell, after watching their coma inducing cup victory in 07, it's pretty clear Socal doesn't care either. You could hear a pin drop in that arena. Factor in Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler and some truly awful uniforms and the question isn't why they became the top heel, but rather, what took them so long

Now let's check how loud it was after the Canucks won their Stanley Cup.........

In2W0Um.gif

(I think Ric Flair is/was a heel right? I know very, very little about wrestling)

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Short of the Canucks, folks around here are going to lean Canadian.

That the CCSLC leans heavily northern with the exception of the Canucks makes me smile.

But they waited sooooooooooo long and wore matching shirts!

The indie darlings have fallen. I haven't seen hipsters this upset since Godspeed You Black Emperor broke up. Now we can focus on actual hockey instead of acting out small-town fantasies by gawking at the cute little fans and their white shirts.

Maybe this is why people don't like Ducks/southern fans. And we're supposed to be the smug ones.

Don't be mad you can't live vicariously through the nice, inoffensive small-town folk anymore. You still have your own team to root for.

I just wanted the Jets to win one game. Game 3 was their shot and they blew it. Then Kesler was, predictably, a di**head about tying the game. I love you, Wiz, but f*** your teammates.

Kind of hockey related but not:

Metallica concert will be the final event ever held at Colisee Pepsi on September 14th. Two days later on September 16th a Metallica concert will be the first ever event held at Centre Videotron.

That's the most Quebec thing I've ever heard.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Metallica concert will be the final event ever held at Colisee Pepsi on September 14th. Two days later on September 16th a Metallica concert will be the first ever event held at Centre Videotron.

Needs more Catholicism and smoking.

Let's play the Jets off for the year with this:

"My city's still breathing, but barely, it's true."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Needs more Catholicism and smoking.

Sacrebleu!

IbjBaeE.png

Tabernac or calisse would have been better. Megan Draper used the latter once; most exposure it's ever gotten in the States, I bet.

Some of you still don't get The Six's gimmick, do you?

And congratulations to Morgo for again talking about things he knows absolutely nothing about.

Whatever.

Quack quack quack, Mr. Ducksworth.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I've always gotten it and usually enjoy it, but sometimes my nerves are too frayed to indulge. I wish I had a gimmick.

I've always gotten it and usually enjoy it, but sometimes my nerves are too frayed to indulge. I wish I had a gimmick.

You're like the Oregon Ducks and their football uniforms - not having any particular brand is their brand. You not having a gimmick is your gimmick. :censored: it, I tried.

BB52Big.jpg

Nobody outside of Socal cares about the Ducks...

And yet they win a playoff series and it quickly becomes apparent that they've pissed in someone's coffee and shat in their Corn Flakes.

Corn Flakes already taste like shat, so doing that would be doubling down on processed fiber. I suppose you could try and add raisins to help out, but well, they can only do so much besides playing the saxophone and singing upbeat soul music.

Sucks that Winnipeg had to go out the way they did, though the sympathy is a little thin since they chose to taunt Sharks management for no reason earlier this season. You aren't a rival, bro. Sit down and relax for a second.

By the way, we're still paging Mr. Vanek. Mr. Vanek, the playoffs have started, you can start scoring now. Mr. Vanek? Mr. Vanek?

And hey, 2-1 Red Wings. How about that!?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

You have a gimmick and you know it. The Lounge has become like a dingy attic that you've moved into and have started hanging Dark Side of the Moon posters on the walls, a black light here, some incense there, and frankly the attic is better for it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

144ppg.jpg

Son: Hey, look, Mom! It's a Jets fan! I want it! Can I get it? Pleeease!??

Mom: I don't know, honey, it's kind of expensive...

Son: Aww, but I'll take care of him real good! I'll dress him up in white, and feed him, and love him, and groom his hair!

Mom: Maybe we should ask your father...

Dad; Ohhh, no! If we get you this guy you'll start wanting one of those Hartford fans, too!

Son: No I won't! I promise! This'll be enough!

144ppg.jpg

Son: Come on, look at him, he's so cute! He even chants when you pet him!

Mom: OK OK, we'll get you the Jets fan. But if it makes a mess all over the carpet, you know what to do, right?

Son: Of course! Sweep it!

You have a gimmick and you know it. The Lounge has become like a dingy attic that you've moved into and have started hanging Dark Side of the Moon posters on the walls, a black light here, some incense there, and frankly the attic is better for it.

So that's why it's so colorful up there.... :P

What's my gimmick? Criticizing every roster move by Detroit sports teams? Humblebragging about meeting obscure former professional athletes from the 90s (coincidentally I met Detroit Lions great Herman Moore at a Lions charity event last night), threatening (and ultimately deciding against) hoping on the Cubs bandwagon, having a love/hate relationship with my generation (which I've recently decided is ridiculous, this time periods just fine), my love of Tiger Stadium? All of the things I just listed? :D

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

What's my gimmick? Criticizing every roster move by Detroit sports teams? Humblebragging about meeting obscure former professional athletes from the 90s (coincidentally I met Detroit Lions great Herman Moore at a Lions charity event last night), threatening (and ultimately deciding against) hoping on the Cubs bandwagon, having a love/hate relationship with my generation (which I've recently decided is ridiculous, this time periods just fine), my love of Tiger Stadium? All of the things I just listed? :D

Being a 14 year old on a message board sums it up pretty well.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Your gimmick? Don't flatter yourself, rook. You're lucky when someone knows who you are. Now go carry the equipment back to the clubhouse. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Tabernac or calisse would have been better. Megan Draper used the latter once; most exposure it's ever gotten in the States, I bet.

I use calisse regularly in my daily life. Word of warning, don't accidentally use it in the company of your French teacher.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived