Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

Some of you still don't get The Six's gimmick, do you?

I've always gotten it and usually enjoy it, but sometimes my nerves are too frayed to indulge. I wish I had a gimmick.

You have a gimmick and you know it. The Lounge has become like a dingy attic that you've moved into and have started hanging Dark Side of the Moon posters on the walls, a black light here, some incense there, and frankly the attic is better for it.

So that's why it's so colorful up there.... :P

What's my gimmick? Criticizing every roster move by Detroit sports teams? Humblebragging about meeting obscure former professional athletes from the 90s (coincidentally I met Detroit Lions great Herman Moore at a Lions charity event last night), threatening (and ultimately deciding against) hoping on the Cubs bandwagon, having a love/hate relationship with my generation (which I've recently decided is ridiculous, this time periods just fine), my love of Tiger Stadium? All of the things I just listed? :D

Your gimmick? Don't flatter yourself, rook. You're lucky when someone knows who you are. Now go carry the equipment back to the clubhouse. B)

Yes sir, Mr. Infared, sir! *scurries off*

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you still don't get The Six's gimmick, do you?

I guess "annoying, smug git" is an improvement over posting as if he were the ghost of a cowboy, but not by much.

As much as I enjoy wrestling "message board gimmicks" really grind my gears.

Ducks hate? Short answer: Die and be a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Or...

Long answer? Look around the west. No San Jose black armor to mock. No .500 Kings to sneak in and steal a Cup. The Red Wings moved east. No one considers the Blues a threat to win the Cup because, well, they've never won the Cup. Minnesota seems to have North Stars sentimentality attached to it.

Other than the Blackhawks, the Ducks are the closest thing to Cup royalty in the west this year, and people tend to root for underdogs... or at least new blood.

And a Canadian team vs. a Sun Belt team? No contest. Short of the Canucks, folks around here are going to lean Canadian. Heck, I'd like to see a Canadian team win again. So unless Nashville comes along, you might be in the minority for a while.

Personally, I generally have no problems with anyone in the west winning this year, but if I had to pick beyond my rooting interests, I'd go with some team that never did it before.

Just one casual fan's 2 cents.

That's really interesting, considering that Anaheim has only made 3 Conference Finals in team history and 2 Cup Finals. They haven't made it all the way since 2007, so to me, I see them as more new blood than recent royalty.

I mean, if Pittsburgh doesn't come back from 3-1, only Detroit has won a Cup among the rest of the East playoff teams since the 2005 lockout.

I just caught some of the replay of the Ducks and Jets on NHL Network finishing up my workout and I will give Winnipeg fans some credit. That was probably the loudest I've heard in an arena in the last couple years. You'd have thought it was already the Finals.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

You can stick a fork in the Isles they're done. Horrid PP, extremely depleted defense corps. They were just manhandled today. Time to fire Crapuano he couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

It looked like for sure that the Lightning were gonna post another goose egg. What a comeback for them. Also is it just me or do the Detroit fans do the most sing-a-longs to the music?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Well, I guess asking for the 21 year playoff series win drought was a little too much to ask for. Just hoping they don't close out the Coliseum with a loss in Game 6 and if they survive that, well, Game 7 they're able to bring a little magic to pull off the upset comeback. Don't think they can with another defenseman injured, though

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

It would be nice if the idiot who is our coach could figure out how to make adjustments on the fly and mix up the lines during the game. He looks as lost as the power play's been and is a big part of the reason this team's played like crap since the All Star break.

Archived