Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a nothing team from a nothing city deserving nothing but indifference

Says the fan of a team that plays in a suburb and was once named after a Disney movie.
Says the fan of a team who hasn't been relevant since 'Nam.

At least I'm a fan of my hometown team ;)

Anyway I'm not the one calling cities irrelevant because their team's fans chanted something at my team's star player. He is. I don't have anything against the Ducks or their fans, really. If someone from your ranks, however, is going to act like a jack :censored: ? Well he deserves to have it thrown back at him.

Like I said though, I like you guys, generally. So a piece of advice. Enjoy playing the heel. You're going against a team of underdogs, so just accept and enjoy being the badguy for a series.

Oh the Winnipeg whiteout is one of the coolest things in sports. I was so happy to see those people so excited and then Anaheim killed it because there is no such thing as a good narrative in sports anymore.

They had no right to be happy. They stole their team from Atlanta and wanted to steal a team from Phoenix and they had the temerity to think they could beat a +7 Ducks team that crapped the bed the last two years after finishing first or second. They should act like they've been there before, even though there hasn't been a Stanley Cup game in Winnipeg for 19 years and lots of those people literally have never been there before. Sun Belt Solidarity 4ever.
You're hitching your wagon to a bunch of clods who think that calling a player the name of a female pop star qualifies as an insult (both sexist and stupid!). They're the Milwaukee Bucks, a nothing team from a nothing city deserving nothing but indifference, but we're supposed to patronize them because it's a non-threatening Canadian burg. They'll probably still think they're buddy-buddy with the Ducks even after this, because they want to keep pretending that Teemu cares about them.That's a strange hill to die on, and I don't think Winnipeg even has any hills (speed bumps in their linrary parking lots don't count).

Lol no

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

a nothing team from a nothing city deserving nothing but indifference

Says the fan of a team that plays in a suburb and was once named after a Disney movie.
Says the fan of a team who hasn't been relevant since 'Nam.

At least I'm a fan of my hometown team ;)

Anyway I'm not the one calling cities irrelevant because their team's fans chanted something at my team's star player. He is. I don't have anything against the Ducks or their fans, really. If someone from your ranks, however, is going to act like a jack :censored: ? Well he deserves to have it thrown back at him.

Like I said though, I like you guys, generally. So a piece of advice. Enjoy playing the heel. You're going against a team of underdogs, so just accept and enjoy being the badguy for a series.

I didn't entirely mean what I said with my tongue in my cheek. I guess I should have indicated with a :P or what have you.

IbjBaeE.png

Where is your God now Perds?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived