Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

I don't think central Ohio is non-traditional at all. There are two big college hockey programs nearby. One's down the street. It's just a small market and hard to stay jazzed about a team that misses the playoffs all the time.

By non-traditional I basically just meant places that aren't "hardcore" markets.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the Lightning apparently can't beat a rookie goalie and a Red Wings team that is basically two aging geezer legends and 20 guys named Moe.

Guess that old Red Wings playoff mystique is alive and well even thought they haven't done anything worth a damn since 2009.

I will be pissed off if, the way these playoffs are trending, we get a Chicago-Detroit Cup Finals.

The Red Wings are that team I just want to go away forever.

I won't shed a damn tear when Datsyuk retires. One of the most annoying great players ever.

Detroit is the GET OFF MY LAWN team of hockey, the old guys who still think they're hot stuff.

I'm a Blackhawks fan and thus sworn to hating the Red Wings -- them begging out of the Western Conference does not make them less of a rival, it just makes them that much cuntier -- so I know good Wings hate when I see it, and SabresRule is clearly just taking up the cause because the Kings aren't here. Back to the drawing board.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Islanders powerplay is holding them back so much right now, 4 games into this series and not a single powerplay goal yet.

On the plus side though the Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuckline were great again today.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

To put things in perspective, the last time Winnipeg saw a home playoff win:

the NHL was on FOX

The Maple Leafs were still in the Western Conference

Up here in Canada, SportsNet, the network that is airing every playoff game, did not exist.

I will be pissed off if, the way these playoffs are trending, we get a Chicago-Detroit Cup Finals.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no hockey expert but I'm just not seeing this "trend" you're referring to. You're sweating a couple of teams who have all of a 2-1 series lead... IN THE FIRST :censored:-ing ROUND! Maybe you should back off the gas pedal (or gas huffing maybe) just a bit and at least wait until the Wings and Hawks have...you know...advanced to the next round before you flip out.

BB52Big.jpg

Oh the Winnipeg whiteout is one of the coolest things in sports. I was so happy to see those people so excited and then Anaheim killed it because there is no such thing as a good narrative in sports anymore.

They had no right to be happy. They stole their team from Atlanta and wanted to steal a team from Phoenix and they had the temerity to think they could beat a +7 Ducks team that crapped the bed the last two years after finishing first or second. They should act like they've been there before, even though there hasn't been a Stanley Cup game in Winnipeg for 19 years and lots of those people literally have never been there before. Sun Belt Solidarity 4ever.
You're hitching your wagon to a bunch of clods who think that calling a player the name of a female pop star qualifies as an insult (both sexist and stupid!). They're the Milwaukee Bucks, a nothing team from a nothing city deserving nothing but indifference, but we're supposed to patronize them because it's a non-threatening Canadian burg. They'll probably still think they're buddy-buddy with the Ducks even after this, because they want to keep pretending that Teemu cares about them.That's a strange hill to die on, and I don't think Winnipeg even has any hills (speed bumps in their linrary parking lots don't count).

You're hitching your wagon to a bunch of clods who think that calling a player the name of a female pop star qualifies as an insult (both sexist and stupid!). They're the Milwaukee Bucks, a nothing team from a nothing city deserving nothing but indifference, but we're supposed to patronize them because it's a non-threatening Canadian burg. They'll probably still think they're buddy-buddy with the Ducks even after this, because they want to keep pretending that Teemu cares about them.That's a strange hill to die on, and I don't think Winnipeg even has any hills (speed bumps in their linrary parking lots don't count).

Must be like looking in the mirror...

:censored: every single assbag who thought starting Team OvertimeTM at 8:30ct was a good idea.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

To put things in perspective, the last time Winnipeg saw a home playoff win:

the NHL was on FOX

The Maple Leafs were still in the Western Conference

Hey look, it's Foxtrax and the glowing puck...

At least in this video I can actually see the puck, in another video I think MTL/NYR footage was washed out or something and the glow puck was barely able to be seen.

Archived