Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

Re: the admiral. We don't have a HFBoards-like thread for reddit so this will have to do.

I will lurk on the hockey subreddit on reddit to get some news or whatever people use reddit for. A new(?) hockey fan asks why your boys, the Hurricanes went from champs to unknowns. Some interesting answers.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/335xwk/how_did_the_hurricanes_go_from_a_stanley_cup_to/

I found this part of an answer funny,

The difference is that unlike Edmonton, or Buffalo, or wherever, I don't see the fanbase giving up. We're tired, we're frustrated, but the team WANTS to do well. You can see it. They skate hard with every team that they play. They trashed the Flyers, took STL to a shootout, and when they do lose, its usually by one goal. They want to win. We want them to win. It's just very hard when we have uncooperative *richardheads eating up $7M/year.

*My edit.

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, hard luck Sens. Down 3-0 and they could've won all three. They've played hard, been competitive, but have nothing to show for it. Credit to them, though.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Habs win the game off of a blatant hand pass and I think I'm done with sports.

How is a deflection off the bench stanchion a blatant hand pass? It was about 3 feet over Prust's head...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

On the bright side, reverse sweeps don't seem to be as rare as they used to be these days. Anderson still definitely deserves the start in game 4.

How is a deflection off the bench stanchion a blatant hand pass? It was about 3 feet over Prust's head...

NBC pretty much had the play on replay for about 5 minutes, it looked like it deflected off of his hand (which can reach a couple feet above his head btw). It could be the other way, but it looked convincing to me.

On the bright side, reverse sweeps don't seem to be as rare as they used to be these days. Anderson still definitely deserves the start in game 4.

NBC pretty much had the play on replay for about 5 minutes, it clearly deflected off of his hand (which can reach a couple feet above his head btw)

I don't know what angle you've been looking at, but the one from Ottawa's end is showing the puck way above Prust, and not even close to his hand. It actually deflects back into before Prust even gets his hand up.

I hope that four refs would get that one right (and they did).

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

NBC pretty much had the play on replay for about 5 minutes, it clearly deflected off of his hand (which can reach a couple feet above his head btw)

I don't know what angle you've been looking at, but the one from Ottawa's end is showing the puck way above Prust, and not even close to his hand. It actually deflects back into before Prust even gets his hand up.

I hope that four refs would get that one right (and they did).

NBC only showed a couple of angles, I now hear CBC had a few more that showed that it came off the stanchion.

I still reserve the right to be salty about it though.

Maybe this year's Sens will be like last year's Kings.

That's why I posted on twitter to not take the Sens lightly. The last 2 games were won in OT, with both teams being even-strengthed.

Teams like that will take any chance they still have to try to win. Finishing them won't be easy.

I think the brawls are getting out of hand. But whatever, it wouldn't be the playoffs with out some hot garbage from Alex Burrows and Dan Hamhuis to boot.

Sam Bennett and Michael Ferland are great, especially Ferland. Cult hero round these parts.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I think the brawls are getting out of hand. But whatever, it wouldn't be the playoffs with out some hot garbage from Alex Burrows and Dan Hamhuis to boot.

It could always be worse (Raffi Torres, Lapierre, etc.)

That is true. Burrows will always resonate with people for the bites and just total rattiness though.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived