Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

This is almost more suited for the anti-thread:

Nashville newspaper handed out "Rules Of The Game" cheat sheets for their playoff game

What you didn’t know, however, was that Nashville newspaper, The Tennessean, were a little concerned with the hockey knowledge of the fanbase going into the game and took measures to ensure they knew what things like an offside or a penalty was.

These were given out to every fan at the game…

CCrisCeVEAAKsB_.jpg

Oh my god, you guys made the playoffs three years ago. And four years ago. And five. And seven, eight, nine, and eleven years ago. I know Barry Trotz was the coach then, so what the Perds were doing out there wasn't entirely what the rest of the world considers ice hockey, but good god, Hooterville, you guys should just consider sitting quietly with your hands folded until this whole thing blows over.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny because their shirts say "IN GOLD WE TRUST." As any good American who watched ABC's annual showing of The Ten Commandments two weeks ago knows, replacing God with gold is precisely what forced the Israelites to wander in the desert for forty years. You're messing with a dangerous precedent, Hooterville.

Yyyeeeahh...I'm not understanding all this on the part of the Predators, either. The team prez and PR are acting like this is their first playoff appearance or something, just opening themselves (and by extension the community) up to even more ridicule than they were already getting. There's something about "acting like you done been there before" (which they have). I was good with the whole car-smashing thing they had out front of Bridgestone Wednesday before game 1, I'm cool with the whole "STAND WITH US" thing, but drew the line at "IN GOLD WE TRUST" stuff--I get it, SPORTS, easy catchphrase and all, but that's teetering way too close to blasphemy for me.

They'd do well to quit now and stop embarrassing themselves. (As if the Blackhawks didn't just do that to them on the ice two nights ago.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I haven't been able to watch much hockey the last two days. Did NBC produce their own broadcast for every game or did they air some Canadian or local feeds? Just curious.

They produced their own broadcast for 6 of the 8 series openers- did Canadian feeds for the Jets/Ducks and Sens/Habs series.

It's funny because their shirts say "IN GOLD WE TRUST." As any good American who watched ABC's annual showing of The Ten Commandments two weeks ago knows, replacing God with gold is precisely what forced the Israelites to wander in the desert for forty years. You're messing with a dangerous precedent, Hooterville.

Uh oh, sounds like the Perds are gonna be relocated to Las Vegas now
Only G-d and Gary Bettman have the power to make a group of people stay in the desert for forty years.

Then Shane Doan stretched out his hand over the Gila River, and all that night the Bettman drove the river back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided, and the Coyotes went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left.

IbjBaeE.png

The car smashing thing has to be the hokiest I have ever seen a fan-base of a professional team do in any sport that I can think of.

http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/predators-fans-bring-out-sledgehammer-vs-blackhawks-car

Thanks to events of the past few days I know automatically have that famous song from Team America play in my head whenever I look at any Predators related.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I haven't been able to watch much hockey the last two days. Did NBC produce their own broadcast for every game or did they air some Canadian or local feeds? Just curious.

They produced their own broadcast for 6 of the 8 series openers- did Canadian feeds for the Jets/Ducks and Sens/Habs series.

Thank you, kind sir!

I always pull for the Hawks as my west team in the playoffs... but the smugness of the Hawks fans on this board is making it hard to do so this year.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I should've snapped a picture of that car when it showed up Tuesday morning...it was all black. It actually came from a scrap yard across the river...the guys at the yard actually primed and painted the thing solid black before transporting it over to the arena. Within a matter of hours it turned into this (for those unable to view the link):

IMG_20150414_171929_zpscnnqcqjf.jpg

I also got to help with some of the graphics they painted on the ground out front as well as some of the other setup. Kinda cool to just "be in the right place at the right time"--and be off work to do so. Didn't get to go back down there to watch a bunch of people make fools of themselves have fun playing #SMASHVILLE on the poor little Lumina...I'd have snapped a video of that too, just to have something to laugh at.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/predators-fans-bring-out-sledgehammer-vs-blackhawks-car

The guy in wraparounds and a backward baseball cap tried to help his son hit the car, but wound up knocking the handle of the sledgehammer right into his kid's crotch. Well, I guess one way or another, junk was gonna get smashed.

I always pull for the Hawks as my west team in the playoffs... but the smugness of the Hawks fans on this board is making it hard to do so this year.

As a Chicagoan, I can agree. But really, that's every fanbase when they start winning. Though it does make me think if the Coyotes or Hurricanes ever failed upwards and won 3 Cups in 6 years, they'd still be relocated just a few years later.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived