Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

I was super underwhelmed with this year's HNIC intro. I like starting out with something to pump me up for the playoffs and the song they used seemed more fitting for a final montage after the last game.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a larf. Why don't we just skip the anthems all together since they're, y'know, kind of pointless.

I'm not the most patriotic guy, but I love the build up they create. I don't think they're pointless.

In Columbus Leo Welsh comes out, everybody yells "LEO!", the place gets dark, and he sings his heart out (he's also an OU Bobcat so I like him). I like the ritual of the whole thing. The game wouldn't have the same feeling if they were just like "okay we're gonna start now".

Yea, I get more of the rationale when there's international competition being held, like in the Olympics and various World Championships. Or even if one team was American and the other is Canadian, as a way to respect two different countries competing in something. But otherwise, it seems like it's a tradition that really isn't necessary. If everyone partaking is American, what's the need to sing an anthem about how great the country is? I'd rather them stick to some overzealous thing with fireworks and stuff for the starting lineup and leave the anthems for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, that sort of thing.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Michal Rozsival gives the Preds a 1-0 lead.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Subban is a dirty son of a b***h. That's not worth 5 and a game, but what the hell, guy?

Stone acted like he got his wrist snapped, but came back in the game minutes later.

But yeah not a wise thing to slash someone like that either.

Puck nowhere near Stone, both hands on the end of Subban's stick, strong slashing motion straight towards the wrist. I really don't know what Subban was thinking there, and the referee was in his judgement to enforce this rule:

Rule 61.4 Match Penalty – The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a match penalty if, in his judgment, the player attempted to or deliberately injured his opponent by slashing

Not to mention he also slashed down hard on Pageau's visor in the first period as well and went on without a penalty. He wasn't having anything close to a clean game by any standards. Definitely worth the major + game.

Edit: Stone left the game because of his wrist. The league will at least have a look at this now.

So that was a fun first period. If you'll need me I'll be watching the Cubs so I can feel some shred of optimism. Yes, you read that right.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So that was a fun first period. If you'll need me I'll be watching the Cubs so I can feel some shred of optimism. Yes, you read that right.

Just remember what happened the last time Nashville jumped out to a 3-nil on the Blackhawks...

...That said, heckuva way to start off the game and playoffs. I actually got to participate in some of the setup yesterday--too bad I can't be downtown to see the game live like I wanted, so on the tellie it is.

(Also...can y'all quit renaming these threads all the time? I can never keep up with y'all anymore. :P )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You might want to come back, CS. Sharp scores to make it 3-2

Make that 3-all now.

So like I was saying, the last time Nashville jumped out to a 3-0 lead...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived