Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 more minutes and the Nassau Coliseum is going to become a very uncomfortable place.

WAY TO JINX IT

Islanders do their usual Islanders blowing lead thing, but I mean the Isles got manhandled the whole game anyway. I'm fine with it 1-1 heading into the Coliseum if they play the way they did Game 1 and about six minutes of the 1st and 2nd periods

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Did Vermette key Quenneville's car or something? Also Kris Versteeg is bad. Corey Crawford is mostly kinda bad right now too.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

OT in Montreal. The only thing better than Stanley Cup Playoff hockey is overtime in Stanley Cup Playoff hockey.

While I would usually agree with this statement, this is a time I kinda wished MTL would have put it away earlier.

I can't mock the Predators for the car-smashing thing. The Hawks did the same thing for their series with the Pacers last year..."Pound the Pacer". Kinda ties in to "Smashville", too. You pay the $5 (that goes to charity), you take a few whacks on the car, gets everyone a little more excited....can't put that down. Been played out before? Sure, but so has waving towels and banging thundersticks and just about any other thing you see at sporting venues.

But that sign with the rules of the game on the back...yikes. Now I'm not completely sold on this being the team's doing. I've been at this long enough to know that this tends to be the sponsor's call with little-to-no assistance from the team. The team probably asked for something kid-friendly and simplified but gave the sponsor free-reign and final call on what gets printed on the sign. Boo Tennessean.

I can't mock the Predators for the car-smashing thing. The Hawks did the same thing for their series with the Pacers last year..."Pound the Pacer". Kinda ties in to "Smashville", too. You pay the $5 (that goes to charity), you take a few whacks on the car, gets everyone a little more excited....can't put that down. Been played out before? Sure, but so has waving towels and banging thundersticks and just about any other thing you see at sporting venues.

I think the car-smashing thing would have been fine if it were the only instance of insecurity. Combined with not selling tickets outside of Tennessee, checking IDs to stop people from reselling tickets or proxy-buying tickets, God/country/pie, and whatever else there's been, it's all too much.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't think of car-smashing being much of an insecurity thing. Just cheesy more than anything else. But it does give the fans something to congregate around before the game and get them even more pumped up for the game, and that's something every home team wants....their fans being ramped up as soon as they enter the building.

I don't have a problem with teams blocking outside zip codes from purchasing tickets, provided that they're still easily selling out the place. Many teams have done this tactic. Don't like the StubHub rule, though. As a ticket buyer, you're free to do whatever you want with the ticket as soon as you purchase it.

Now, this Vancouver game...featuring the Hughson/Simpson tandem. Are they still considered the #1 pair for CBC/SportsNet? I did notice they didn't get the All-Star Weekend festivities this year. And how's the Rogers takeover fared this season? Just hearing this game and the Winnipeg-Anaheim game last night...just seems like big downgrades. And it sounds like the field mic in this Calgary-Vancouver game is a bit muffled....the crowd sounds like it's being heard through a guy's phone while he's on radio.

This has been an extraordinarily braindead game for the Blackhawks. They all look collectively lost. Rozsival is getting 1st line minutes for reasons that can be described as "veteran savvy," and "gritty, hard-nosed," etc. Putting Kane with the walking dead of Versteeg and Richards has been awful. It goes on.

Overall, the Blackhawks played like trash and the Perds were relentless in taking advantage of Chicago's sloppy, scrambling masturbation.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived