Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

Well how bout that? I had left the Perds for dead after the fashion the lost Game 1. They'll still have to win a game in Chicago, ultimately, but at least they didn't roll over and die.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Blackhawks are the reverse Kings: they bust ass up through Christmas and then put their heads up their asses, very much including the playoffs. They've been outplayed in every single playoff series since the 2013 Final.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hell, I could have told Hughson and Simpson about Hartley's proclivities towards rotating goalies in a playoff series. Hartley went Lehtonen-Hedberg-Lehtonen-Hedberg in the four games, and with no apparent reason other than "Well, they lost".

Hell, I could have told Hughson and Simpson about Hartley's proclivities towards rotating goalies in a playoff series. Hartley went Lehtonen-Hedberg-Lehtonen-Hedberg in the four games, and with no apparent reason other than "Well, they lost".

I'll take Ramo/Hiller over Lehtonen/Hedberg in 2007.

It's nothing. If Hiller starts Sunday, great. If not, great! It's been the story all year.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

My point was that Lehtonen had a great season and was "the guy", had an alright game, and got benched for Game 2. Hedberg played great in Game 2 and only allowed two goals (although that 2nd goal was about as flukey as it gets). But went back to Lehtonen in Game 3 and Hedberg in Game 4....although that switched can be explained with 7 goals allowed in Game 3 and it being back-to-back games with a goalie prone to fitness injuries.

Should have stuck with one or the other. No goalie was able to get in a rhythm. That was part of the Thrashers' undoing.

Welp, the Preds dominated and tied the series, plus thanks to free giveaway signage, their fans now know what a two-line pass is. High-water mark for hockey in Nashville.

Isn't it crazy we used to stop games because a pass crossed two lines?

Why was that ever a rule?

A good rule of thumb: if there's a rule that every single person "turns off" in the video game version of your sport, it probably deserves some reevaluation.

Well how bout that? I had left the Perds for dead after the fashion the lost Game 1. They'll still have to win a game in Chicago, ultimately, but at least they didn't roll over and die.

If there's such a thing as getting a split in game two being "do or die", yesterday might have been it. I really thought Nashville would just lay down and die after losing game one the way they did. That they pulled it together and got a win after such a gut punch loss is kind of impressive. That they hit the gas and pulled away in the third makes me think they've put game one in the rearview mirror. This might turn out to be a good series after all. Still a lot of hockey to be played.

Also, you may have been right about starting Darling over Crawford, Zach.

BB52Big.jpg

Crawford was 6th in the league in sv% at .924 and 11th in GAA at 2.27. He led his team to the second-fewest goals against in the league. Giving Crawford a mulligan for his team's poor performance was the right thing to do last night. Sticking with him after that third-period meltdown last night, however, is probably not the right thing to do.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I haven't posted here in a LONG time, but after attending last night's CHI-NSH game, here's $.02...

Welp, the Preds dominated and tied the series, plus thanks to free giveaway signage, their fans now know what a two-line pass is. High-water mark for hockey in Nashville.

As you now know, the handouts were solely the work of The Tennessean newspaper. I don't live in Nashville, but know this paper is struggling financially, and considered a total joke. The signs DISGUSTED Preds fans. A Tennessean article on Tuesday by their resident food expert (?) basically explained to Nashvillians who the Preds were and explained hockey with references to southern food. Preds fans are INSULTED... trust me. We understand hockey.

I was handed a Tennessean-sponsored sign last night, but the back was blank.

Regarding the ticket policy: Why the hell not? Plain and simple, the Hawks fanbase is 5 times larger. It's an easy trip from Chicago. Preds fans have proven we don't need help selling out Bridgestone. This would be a different story if the fanbases were even remotely close in size.

Hockey is alive and well in Tennessee. The Knoxville Ice Bears won their 4th SPHL crown tonight (over the team from suburban Memphis). Knowledgeable, true hockey fans exist here, it's just a slow growing process.

SO when the Preds knock the Hawks out in this series ;) , don't call Preds fans undeserving, applaud us for growing hockey in the south!

P.S. our seats provided multiple encounters with Vince Vaughn... I have pictoral evidence!

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

Archived