Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm despairing, you know it's playoff time.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

My predictions:

ECQF

NY Rangers over Pittsburgh in 5

Ottawa over Montreal in 7

Tampa Bay over Detroit in 5

NY Islanders over Washington in 7

WCQF

Anaheim over Winnipeg in 6

St. Louis over Minnesota in 6

Chicago over Nashville in 6

Vancouver over Calgary in 7

ECSF

Tampa Bay over Ottawa in 5

NY Rangers over NY Islanders in 7

WCSF

Chicago over St. Louis in 7

Anaheim over Vancouver in 6

ECF

NY Rangers over Tampa Bay in 7

WCF

Chicago over Anaheim in 7

SCF

NY Rangers over Chicago in 7

Henrik Lundqvist wins Conn Smythe

It's weird, it seems Vancouver has taken a million shots in the first period, but in reality it's nine shots so far a piece for both the Flames and Canucks. I guess Calgary's shots haven't been as bunched together as Vancouver's has seemed.

In any case, both goalies are playing very well. Both Hiller and Lack have turned away some tough shots.

Hopefully this game stays close and tough, it's a good one so far.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Man it feels like the Blackhawks have more playoff OT games than the rest of the league. Nerve-wracking as hell, but like Pat Foley said before OT1, "the way it was meant to be played."

I suspect Nashville will get the better of them in Game 2, but no way they win one on the road. Though Keith did get away with a little something on that turnover late in the first OT.

...please prove me wrong Perds. Please.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Chicago's the only of these playoff teams with a recent Cup win (Pittsburgh/Detroit/Anaheim are the only other Cup teams since the 2005 lockout, but that was a long time ago by today's standards).

With no LA/Boston, they're this year's only 'They know they know how to win' team.

Also, keep in mind how incredibly difficult to eliminate the Blackhawks from the playoffs. Look at what it took for LA last year, Vancouver 2011. Nearly frittered away 3-0 and 3-1 series leads.

EDIT: Oh, and Cardiac Calgary IS Mr. Third Period.

Subban is a dirty son of a b***h. That's not worth 5 and a game, but what the hell, guy?

Stone acted like he got his wrist snapped, but came back in the game minutes later.

But yeah not a wise thing to slash someone like that either.

I thought it was worse when he whacked some dude in the face at the end of the first period trying to go after a puck over his head. I didn't have the sound on then... what happened with that? No penalty?

Subban talk aside, the Habs 4th line of replacements made an impact immediately. Both Mitchell and Flynn with a goal and an assist each.

I think you owe Buffalo a basket of mini muffins.

Archived