Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

This NHL playoff format has basically taken away something really cool- the possibility of divisional matchups in the conference finals.

Nashville/Chicago is the type of matchup that should take place in the West Finals. Instead, we get Calgary moving on. Yay.

Hoping the Islanders win tomorrow. The most boring playoff series is whenever the Rangers play the Capitals.

Only they can make back-to-back seven game playoff series dull.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This NHL playoff format has basically taken away something really cool- the possibility of divisional matchups in the conference finals.

Nashville/Chicago is the type of matchup that should take place in the West Finals. Instead, we get Calgary moving on. Yay.

Hoping the Islanders win tomorrow. The most boring playoff series is whenever the Rangers play the Capitals.

Only they can make back-to-back seven game playoff series dull.

Go watch golf.

Seriously. Get out of here.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Calgary is an amazing story, and if you haven't seen the saddle going gaga for this team, you're missing out. Stop depriving yourself and enjoy this slice of cool.

I hate how it creates the same match-ups ad nauseam. Wild/Hawks three years in a row and the possibility of another Rangers Caps series.

This isn't the same Wild team or the same Hawks team. If you want lack of parity there's this football league I want to talk to you about...

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

HILLLLLLLLLLLERRRRRRRRRRRR...

HILLLLLLLLLLLERRRRRRRRRRRR...

HILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

(If you're even starting, Jonas old buddy ;) )

How sweet will it be if the Flames and Jonas Hiller flambe the Ducks

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Calgary is an amazing story, and if you haven't seen the saddle going gaga for this team, you're missing out. Stop depriving yourself and enjoy this slice of cool.

I hate how it creates the same match-ups ad nauseam. Wild/Hawks three years in a row and the possibility of another Rangers Caps series.

This isn't the same Wild team or the same Hawks team. If you want lack of parity there's this football league I want to talk to you about...

I don't think Sabresrule is capable of enjoyment.

And the playoff format is not responsible for the Wild and Blackhawks meeting three years in a row. The first time was under the old playoff format and the last two years they both had to win a series to get to play each other.

PvO6ZWJ.png

MAYBE IF THE BLUES COULD WIN A FIRST ROUND PLAYOFF SERIES

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Those of you whose teams are out, who are you pulling for? I'm rooting for Ottawa in the east and Minnesota in the west.

Anyone but Detroit, pretty much.

Part of me really wants to see the Islanders make it. I'd love to see Minnesota go too. A cup final atmosphere in the State of Hockey would be a thrill to watch.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

After all of this, im hoping for a flames wild matchup in the west, and a Isles Habs in the east. If the caps win their series, im hoping for a rangers habs in the east

Now also gunning for a habs flames final

The ratings would be so terrible for any finals that doesn't involve the Rangers or Blackhawks, honestly. Not trying to be a DA BLACKHAWKS ARE DA BEST or whatever, but Wild/Isles?! Flames/Habs?! An all-Canadian final!?!?!? This can't happen, nay MUST not happen! The NHL would fall to it's knees, belching black, acrid smoke into the night sky, "DAMN YOU, FATES!" The dry, sandy earth beneath Vegas would crack and from the hellish undercurrents of magma and despair would arise a multi-billion dollar hockey rink. The icy fingers of doom would claw and grasp at the rosters of all Canadian teams, raping them of their talent and donning them all in Las Vegas Aardvarks uniforms. Infinite sadness settles over the barren north, and children weep along with their parents as their lone heroes, the Winnipeg Jets, annually fall in the first round to the Aardvarks.

twitter

Go Ducks and Habs (yes, I know they knocked out the two teams I was originally cheering for. I have them in the Cup Final, okay?)

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Blackhawks-Islanders is my hope. Ducks-Rangers is my fear. I cannot give a microscopic crap about the Rangers, I just can't do it. They bore me. Torts and his crappy shell are gone and they still bore me. I just don't care about them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Last years SCF was an absolute bore. You knew the Kings had won it the second they dispatched of the Hawks. It will probably never happen but I'm hoping for a rematch of the 1989 final. All Canadian, ratings be damned.

My pick was Rangers over Blackhawks, but I'm pulling for Habs over Wild.

I was at Devan Dubnyk's NHL debut whenever that was and I want Canada's dry (not that Canada Dry. That stuff is gross) streak to finally come to an end.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Canada Dry is okay in a pinch, but I prefer Seagram's or Schweppes, especially if it's the latter's raspberry ginger ale. If you do Seagram's with lime flavor on the self-serve touch-screen Coke machine at Noodles & Company, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I don't like Vernor's because I'm a human being. DE-TROIT SUCKS

Blackhawks-Islanders is my hope. Ducks-Rangers is my fear. I cannot give a microscopic crap about the Rangers, I just can't do it. They bore me. Torts and his crappy shell are gone and they still bore me. I just don't care about them.

Admit it, it's because the Rangers are one of just a few teams that have better uniforms than the Blackhawks. Anyway, I'm not the Rangers fan I used to be but a Finals match up against the Blackhawks just might be enough to rekindle that old flame. Seeing my old team making Blackhawks fans do the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat every shift would be kind of fun. I've never really had a horse in that race before. Oh, and throw Tony Amonte in there somewhere.

BB52Big.jpg

Personally, I don't give a rip about ratings. I really don't. I just want a good Final and a good playoffs leading up to it. And if Wild-Islanders or Flames-Canadiens provides good hockey? Awesome, so be it. NBC can pull their hair out while I enjoy some good games.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I actually don't think Wild-Islanders would do that terribly ratings wise. It's not Rangers-Blackhawks, but you could sell Wild-Isles. You could make some sell of Flames-Habs in the States just based on the Habs and history, but it'd still be tough, obviously.

But none of that matters, because QUACK.

Wild-Islanders would be interesting: Okposo, Lee, Nelson, and Leddy are all Minnesotans. 20% of the roster is pretty high, I think.

Wild-Islanders would be interesting: Okposo, Lee, Nelson, and Leddy are all Minnesotans. 20% of the roster is pretty high, I think.

Exactly. They could play up the State of Hockey and US Hockey and all those angles. The Islanders are a franchise people have heard of with their 80s Cups, you could sell the closing the building thing (as they already have extensively), and it is still the New York market. You'll have that.

In terms of All-American Finals, Wild-Isles isn't a terrible choice.

Archived