Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

On the flip side, Mike Yeo is Rasputin. In January, he was on the hot seat. Then came a man named Dubnyk.

They have their own lather, rinse, repeat- struggle early, catch fire, get past first round.

Wild fans have to love this new playoff format.

Of course, 3-5 years from now, Yeo could be the new Hitchcock if MIN never gets past round 2.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Pageau scores, but because refs, Montreal's still in the lead.

Didn't even wait a second for the puck to become visible, just blew it right when it hit price.

It was underneath Price. It did slip out behind him, but it was out of the ref's view. There's not much else the ref could have done.

Didn't even wait a second for the puck to become visible, just blew it right when it hit price.

It was underneath Price. It did slip out behind him, but it was out of the ref's view. There's not much else the ref could have done.

Replays clearly showed the puck hit the top of Carey's glove, then fell right beside him. Price at no point had it in or underneath any part of his equipment.

Yeah, the whistle should not have been blown. It was clearly loose.

Problem is the referee couldn't see that from his vantage point, and Price "sold" it to an extent by not moving. Where the ref was and what he could see, he probably thought Price had it. Like the broadcast said, the ref probably also wanted to curtail any nonsense around the net with an extra whack at Price or something.

Definitely sucks, nonetheless.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Replays clearly showed the puck hit the top of Carey's glove, then fell right beside him. Price at no point had it in or underneath any part of his equipment.

Ok, I watched the replay again a second time, and you are indeed correct.

There's nothing more frustrating in this sport than the phrase "non-reviewable play" or the league's apparent refusal to adopt the coaches challenge.

I know it made some sense from the reffing standpoint, and there's nothing we can do about it right now. But if that turns out to be the call that ends the Sens' season, you bet I'll be a little salty about it.

Those of you whose teams are out, who are you pulling for? I'm rooting for Ottawa in the east and Minnesota in the west.

Fairly obvious for me.

I hope the entire eastern playoff field explodes. Short of that, whoever's playing Montreal.

spacer.png

Those of you whose teams are out, who are you pulling for? I'm rooting for Ottawa in the east and Minnesota in the west.

I was a Rangers fan for 22 years so they come first but I'm really OK with any of the teams left in the east. In the west, it's the Wild but I'm OK with Calgary or the Ducks too. So I guess that after the Rangers, I'm rooting for not Chicago. An all Canadian final would't break my heart either.

Mostly, I'm just digging the games. Any one of these first round series has produced at least 64% more excitement than will the entire NBA Playoffs.

BB52Big.jpg

:censored:

Not even joking, that's a :censored:ty way to go down, Price really didn't deserve that shutout and we should be watching the third intermission right now. Absolute joke of a call.

But if that turns out to be the call that ends the Sens' season, you bet I'll be a little salty about it.

Next season should be a ride, one way or another. I'm really looking forward to it.

Well, Go Wild then. The Habs should take the refs out for a nice dinner tonight. Maybe they would have won in overtime anyway and it wouldn't have mattered, but it sucks to see a call by the refs be the difference in the game and cost a team their season.

Archived